LA Clippers

ldswoosh33

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So because the Clippers will get the number 1 pick, do you think this is the time to change their logo? Blake Griffin will help to re-shape that team and to have this great opportunity would be really smart, Business wise.

Unless they have been working on a change for well over a year (in other words, long before they knew they were getting the pick), it ain't happening.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The Clippers are the Clippers and Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, Bill Russell, and Tim Duncan in their prime couldn't together get the Clippers to do anything. Blake Griffin or whoever they draft will be the quintessential Clipper, a talented player with all hope thrust upon him and become just another disappointment. Change their look? Why? It's not like that will do anything for this pathetic franchise.

The Clippers are the Clippers and Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, Bill Russell, and Tim Duncan in their prime couldn't together get the Clippers to do anything. Blake Griffin or whoever they draft will be the quintessential Clipper, a talented player with all hope thrust upon him and become just another disappointment. Change their look? Why? It's not like that will do anything for this pathetic franchise.
I wholeheartedly agree with this statement. And yes, I'm bitter my team didn't move up in the draft, even if they did only have like a 1% chance. :mad::D

Yeah, I highly doubt that they're gonna get a new logo now or anytime soon. Except for striping change, they look EXACTLY like they did when they first came to LA. If that franchise hasn't changed things now (both in aesthetics and when it comes to being bad at basketball), they aren't going to change unless some sort of miracle occurs.

Anyone got a shot of that early-90s Clippers prototype?

If I recall, it was teal, orange, and a hell of a lot better than that generic eyesore they continue to use.

6uXNWAo.png

Blake Griffin or whoever they draft will be the quintessential Clipper, a talented player with all hope thrust upon him and become just another disappointment. Change their look? Why? It's not like that will do anything for this pathetic franchise.

I'm thinking Mr. Griffin already has "Big Country" written all over him.

As for the Clips' logo, uniforms, and all the other slapdash crud they wear, there's not going to be a change until Donald Sterling dies and/or sells. This is a team that hasn't changed its logo despite the fact that it doesn't even have a properly-drawn basketball - the "9th seam to nowhere" has been discussed here before, and it's been around since the San Diego days. I'm still stunned that Sterling finally figured out Elgin Baylor was a horrible general manager. Only took him a couple of decades.

Fun fact: There have been 25 draft lotteries. The Clippers have been in 20 of them.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

If I recall, it was teal, orange, and a hell of a lot better than that generic eyesore they continue to use.

laclippersprimaryunused.png

laclipperssecondaryunused.png

Thanks hoopskid for having it on your site because I lost my bigger version.

bSLCtu2.png

laclippersprimaryunused.png

laclipperssecondaryunused.png

Thanks hoopskid for having it on your site because I lost my bigger version.

Wow... I've never seen those. Without a wordmark, those logos would scream Pepperdine at me, not Clippers.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

"Wow... I've never seen those. Without a wordmark, those logos would scream Pepperdine at me, not Clippers. "

Maybe, but the Clippers brand is so weak, I'm not sure anything screams "clippers".

Do the Clippers even matter any more in Los Angeles? I can't see how they keep the arena full except for when talented teams come to visit.

I'm pretty sure that they still have a clan of HARDCORE fans, plus the fans that only come out whenever the team is winning...LA is still a fairweather town when it comes down to it.

It's really funny though when the Lakers play a "road" game against the Clippers. It's basically a home game with the lights on for them.

I was talking with my 10-year old brother about basketball the other day (he had no idea what the NBA was all about). He asked me, "Why would they name a team after toenail clippers?"

(perhaps the wisest quote I have ever heard about the team EVER)

bYhYmxh.png

They should just move to Anaheim and use the logos above, but just tweek them a little.

I know nothing about California, but wouldn't San Diego be a better place to move. Anaheim is just a suburb of Los Angeles, while San Diego is a completely different city. "Moving" the team to Anaheim, would basically just be changing the team name slightly (like the Angels did). While moving to San Diego would actually bring a whole new fanbase into the equation and might actually encourage some change.

They should just move to Anaheim and use the logos above, but just tweek them a little.

I know nothing about California, but wouldn't San Diego be a better place to move.

It would make sense if the Clippers hadn't already tried that and failed.

6uXNWAo.png

But if IIRC, didn't they play in Anaheim before they moved to the Staples Center? I know it was every once in a while, but it's not like THAT worked either. Sodboy hit it on the head, the only way that the Clippers are gonna be good and/or move on is if Donald Sterling relinquishes power. That ain't happening anytime soon, though. They just need to win. If they win, people WILL come.

Archived