things you hate in sports

goalieboy82

dont know if this has been covered but what rules in sports dont you like (or things about sports you dont like).

1: the DH rule in the AL. there is nothing wrong with pitchers hitting since they use to bat before the rule (execpt when they play at NL parks).

2: Pete Rose not in the baseball hall of fame. me i think they should wait until he dies since he said it did bet on baseball.

3: there should be no-touch icing in the NHL. i dont like to see people get hurt.

so long and thanks for all the fish.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The NBA continuing to award All-Star Games to teams in the Western Conference.

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

Not really a rule, but the #1 thing I hate is an athlete putting themselves before the team.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

The way a basketball game comes to a grinding halt at the end. My wife pointed this out to me years ago and it has ever sense driven me nuts. Time outs, fouls, etc. It's the worst thing about the NCAA tournament. When it's my team, my emotions pretty much carry me through. When it's UNC vs. Kansas or something, it's a huge buzzkill.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

What he said:
Fans

What he meant:

Hockey Fans, especially the ones on this board

Love ya, Greg. :upside:

I mean all fans...of all sports. They make watching and experiencing sports less and less enjoyable as time goes on.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I mean all fans...of all sports. They make watching and experiencing sports less and less enjoyable as time goes on.

I agree, actually. What about people who just enjoy them?

philly.png

1. NCAA Division I Football Overtime. The OT period should be a 15 minute period in which the team with the higher score at the end of the OT period wins the game!

2. The Jump Ball/Possession arrow rule crap in College Basketball. If the ref calls a Jump Ball, then the ball should be jupmed up- no possesion arrow crap!!!

3. The Milwaukee Brewers should return to the American League Central Division. It is a matter of geographic parity, not money!!

4. Is it possible for the NFL to widen the goal posts back to 25 feet please? Thank You!

5. No more thundersticks, please. How many spectators will have their arms all tired out after the game ends?

BRING BASEBALL BACK TO MONTREAL!!!!

MON AMOURS SIEMPRE!!

Crowd shots while watching an important play. Crowd shots of 30-40 year olds with their shirts off, painted up at a college game. Grow up. Then again, crowd shots period. Thank you Chet Forte! :cursing:

The NBA collective bargaining agreement, how it makes it nearly impossible for teams to move players and dig out of holes, how it rewards complacency in players, how it causes teams to make trades strictly for expiring contracts, etc. From a fan's perspective, it's the worst CBA in all the major sports.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

When there is always the token idiot who yells "Get in the hole!" after every single Tiger Woods drive...especially on a Par 5.

Actually I find that funny.

The coach you had in youth baseball where it's all about their kid. That's what I hate about sports.

6fQjS3M.png

I hate the fact that NBA franchises can seemingly relocate whenever they feel like it.

I also hate how the NFL thinks a given play in football consists of 21 football players and the quarterback.

I'm also not too fond of the idiotic Southern stereotyping that the Carolina Hurricanes use to market themselves to North Carolinians.

Any football team that uses an animal scream as a celebration for touchdowns, first downs, etc.

And aluminum bats should be banned in college baseball.

I agree, actually. What about people who just enjoy them?

I love those people. I am one of those people.

I hate fans, but I think I hate anti-fans even more (the people hating some other team more than they actually like theirs).

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Archived