NBA Rookies, Tradees and Free Agents in new unis

Ron Mexico

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That Sixers jersey is the retro from last year. I have a feeling that the new jerseys will be very nice yet plain but thats how i like em. Also i know some of guys already know but the Bobcats are getting new jerseys next year. I think Wizards might be getting rid of the gold jerseys.

Arts, I think Griffin could change if Camby left. I remember Childress and Josh Smith were 22 and 42 on their rookie shoots. Smith changed due to Uncle Kevin Willis on the roster, but I still don't know why Childress dropped 22 for 1.

RonRon....weird number choice.

He's wearing it as a honorary tribute to Michael Jackson. Jackson's album "Thriller" was number 1 on the charts for 37 weeks.

Number 37.... Weird.

Ron Artest.... Weird.

Michael Jackson.... Weird.

Yeah, it all seems to make sense.

6uXNWAo.png

d8fdae2cfd33eef4c7c0f5ebe13f7b96-getty-82921740bb002_trevor_ariza.jpg

Trevor Ariza, likely a numberless jersey

You used to hold me

Tell me that I was the best

Anything in this world I want

I could posses

All that made me want

Was all that I can get

In order to survive

Gotta learn to live with regrets

-President Carter

I can't see why he's not wearing #3. The number isn't in use by anyone on the active roster, nor is it retired by the Rockets.

6uXNWAo.png

I can't see why he's not wearing #3. The number isn't in use by anyone on the active roster, nor is it retired by the Rockets.

He's just waiting for McGrady to leave to claim his #1 jersey. ^_^

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

have his number choices ever been ordinary?

From what I've gathered here is the order to RonRon's Numerical Madness.

15--> Chose to wear while at St. John's in honor of his father. He wore the jersey with Chicago and Indiana twice.

23--> Switched to 23 while with Indiana in honor of Michael Jordan

91--> Switched to 91 while with Indiana in honor of Dennis Rodman, he switched back to 15 after coming back from the brawl until he was traded to Sacramento.

93--> From my recollection his reasoning was that he thought the number looked cool on the Sacramento jerseys.

96--> Again I believe his reasoning was same as picking 93.

37--> Honoring Michael Jackson by the number of weeks Thriller was #1.

RonRon also mentioned in his Press Conference that he wanted to honor his favorite Chicago Bulls by wearing their numbers (Michael Jordan, 23; Dennis Rodman, 91; Scottie Pippen, 33; Toni Kukoc, 7 and B.J. Armstrong, 10) by the league changed the rule on how often a player can change his number. I believe it's now 4 or 5 years unless they move to another team?

Anywho...I just realized I know too much about a player I never really liked. Eh.

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

have his number choices ever been ordinary?

From what I've gathered here is the order to RonRon's Numerical Madness.

15--> Chose to wear while at St. John's in honor of his father. He wore the jersey with Chicago and Indiana twice.

23--> Switched to 23 while with Indiana in honor of Michael Jordan

91--> Switched to 91 while with Indiana in honor of Dennis Rodman, he switched back to 15 after coming back from the brawl until he was traded to Sacramento.

93--> From my recollection his reasoning was that he thought the number looked cool on the Sacramento jerseys.

96--> Again I believe his reasoning was same as picking 93.

37--> Honoring Michael Jackson by the number of weeks Thriller was #1.

RonRon also mentioned in his Press Conference that he wanted to honor his favorite Chicago Bulls by wearing their numbers (Michael Jordan, 23; Dennis Rodman, 91; Scottie Pippen, 33; Toni Kukoc, 7 and B.J. Armstrong, 10) by the league changed the rule on how often a player can change his number. I believe it's now 4 or 5 years unless they move to another team?

Anywho...I just realized I know too much about a player I never really liked. Eh.

He chose 96 with the Rockets because there are 96 units in the six buildings of the Queensbridge projects (where he grew up).

contentariza.jpg

Here's Ariza covering up the number again, I think he chose #1 and they are just waiting for McGrady to get traded.

RocketsAstrosTexansArgentinaDynamo

Artest wearing 93 was also a tribute to Queensbridge:

Ron moved from 91 after being traded to the Kings, choosing 93, which was a tribute to his roots in Queensbridge, with the 9 apparently looking like a Q and the 3 looking like a B. Go figure.

Artest wearing 93 was also a tribute to Queensbridge:
Ron moved from 91 after being traded to the Kings, choosing 93, which was a tribute to his roots in Queensbridge, with the 9 apparently looking like a Q and the 3 looking like a B. Go figure.

I'm pretty sure its 93 for queensbridge and he chose the number 69 originally but the rockets wouldn't let him keep it so he switched the numbers around.

GO NETS.

I thought I read somewhere that Artest wanted to wear 69 with the Rockets, but the NBA won't allow that to be used so he switched it around to 96. The 96 units does make sense though.

EDIT: I guess I was right, joshey's post wasn't there when I typed mine.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Archived