Baylor Officially Unveils New Football Uniforms...

3 and OUT

I remember their unis from a few years back where the gold was extremely minimalized. A few of these versions do the same thing, and I hope they don't wear them too much. I like their gold.

Baylor wore white helmets for a couple years in the 70s, but they had yellow in them. I couldn't tell exactly, but these just look green/white. Either way, these helmets would look better with green masks.

Their colors are green and gold...they do NOT need an all-white set. This makes no sense.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Major downgrade, their previous uniform set was my favorite in all of college football. This template does nothing to distinguish them from all the rest.

Exactly. They had my favorite look in the NCAA. Something about it was awesome. I think it was the color combo.

washington_st_baylor_football_4446892.jpg

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

The best possible set isn't even pictured: Gold-Green-White

[Alex Trebek]Oooh, sorry. We were going for Gold-Green-Gold. Gold-Green-Gold. Geoff, select again.[/Alex Trebek]

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Major downgrade, their previous uniform set was my favorite in all of college football. This template does nothing to distinguish them from all the rest.

Exactly. They had my favorite look in the NCAA. Something about it was awesome. I think it was the color combo.

This was a simple, great-looking set. Of course they managed to muck it up by wearing black socks...

As others have pointed out, the new set is just typical Nike BS.

What I've finally concluded, and this comment probably belongs over on the "Uniforms that should make a comeback" thread, is that I'm an old fart and my aesthetic sense is totally different from the kids of today and the designers who design for them.

Now where's my Metamusil?

1966BroncosMED.jpg64BearsBlasingamelowres-1.jpgKeyeReboundCloseJPG.jpgDUMagnuson.jpg

These days, 9 out of 10 college football debuts are combination of boring and ugly. This isn't the one.

That side thing is just so stupid. Can ANYBODY tell me why anyone would like that?

Also, why does Nike always do the modern uni update and then stick the traditional looking helmet on top?

This was a simple, great-looking set. Of course they managed to muck it up by wearing black socks...

As others have pointed out, the new set is just typical Nike BS.

What I've finally concluded, and this comment probably belongs over on the "Uniforms that should make a comeback" thread, is that I'm an old fart and my aesthetic sense is totally different from the kids of today and the designers who design for them.

Now where's my Metamusil?

Don't dare blame this on age. Most of the decision makers are old enough to be the parents and or grandparents of these college kids. The kids aren't driving this bus.

YAYYY...IT'S THE MISSOURI TEMPLATE AGAIN!!!

*CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAp CLap Clap clap clap clap cla....* :rolleyes:<_<

Really? I mean...again? You know, I really love(d?) this look for Missouri, but I think this is the third program this "off-season" to have "unveiled" this "new" look.

I mean...really???

(And osv, you raise the same question I've had for a while now about the traditional helmets and modern uniforms...at some point, they really need to look at making those helmets match up. Ain't no need to worry about "preserving brand identity"...they started pissing that away when they started shoving unnecessary black and silver/chrome/steel/whatever-they-wanna-call-it into all the different college team uniforms over the years.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Why Baylor would want to go to white helmets is a mystery to me. The last time the Bears wore white hats was 1968-71, one of the worst runs in school history. The all-white and all-gold combos stink to high heaven.

Booo, Baylor, booooooooooo.

LehQRaC.png

Archived