Bills White Throwbacks

SizzlinSabres

These "throwback" jerseys shocase one of the main reasons why teams should neve just "go back" to old designs. Those sleeve stripes will look horrible on a modern uniform. I have no problems with the Bills changing to a look "inspired" by these throwbacks (I agree that their current look is the worst in the league), but sleeve striping = dodo bird.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is the first pic of the white throwbacks in action that I came across:

w2ep1u.jpg

Image courtesy of Terrell Owens.

The stripes definitely don't match from home to away but, screw it, I LOVE them. The Bills have looked like clowns since 2002 and these uniforms are definitely what they should be wearing full-time.

I've been a Bills fan as long as I can remember and I know the team is probably leaving town in a few years. They should at least wear uniforms like these so that they can look like a real football team for the last little while that we have them.

This is the first pic of the white throwbacks in action that I came across:

w2ep1u.jpg

Image courtesy of Terrell Owens.

The stripes definitely don't match from home to away but, screw it, I LOVE them. The Bills have looked like clowns since 2002 and these uniforms are definitely what they should be wearing full-time.

I've been a Bills fan as long as I can remember and I know the team is probably leaving town in a few years. They should at least wear uniforms like these so that they can look like a real football team for the last little while that we have them.

Speaking of clowns...

It's T.O.!

LOVE the white throwbacks. Don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but the Bills will wear the white throwbacks 3 times (presumably @NE, @NYJ and @KC or TEN), and the Home Blue throwbacks will be worn once vs. MIA. That means we only have to be subject to their current road-white abominations ONCE all year!

i wonder if they are going to wear them all year because they are practicing in their throwback helmets

capt.d66605b912d94bc09ddbed3f4d2ccaa6.bills_camp_football_nydd103.jpg

capt.629d35bd0e67487799679adefa032d16.bills_camp_football_nydd106.jpg

they're wearing them in the hall of fame game against the houstennessee oilers... just a little over 1 week from today.

that's probably why they're practicing in them.

You know what? As atrocious as the Bills uniforms look as a unit, those pants don't look bad at all, now that I see them without the rest of the jersey.

The Bills have very nice throwbacks. But they are throwbacks, and look like throwbacks, rather than a legitimate uniform of a professional football team. By all means, the Bills certainly could switch to uniforms that are similar, because the throwbacks get a lot of things right, but to switch to these full time would be ridiculous, as they really don't work as a modern football uniform.

You know what? As atrocious as the Bills uniforms look as a unit, those pants don't look bad at all, now that I see them without the rest of the jersey.

The Bills have very nice throwbacks. But they are throwbacks, and look like throwbacks, rather than a legitimate uniform of a professional football team. By all means, the Bills certainly could switch to uniforms that are similar, because the throwbacks get a lot of things right, but to switch to these full time would be ridiculous, as they really don't work as a modern football uniform.

What they have now, i.e. what's "modern," doesn't seem to hold much water here either, though. Personally I think the current unis are yicchy (technical term) and the throwbacks lack a little oomph. CW might suggest going back to the Thurman-Kelly-Levy era, but...

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it's hard to verify their authenticity."

--Abraham Lincoln

What they have now, i.e. what's "modern," doesn't seem to hold much water here either, though. Personally I think the current unis are yicchy (technical term) and the throwbacks lack a little oomph. CW might suggest going back to the Thurman-Kelly-Levy era, but...

I completely agree, and while the throwbacks do look quite a bit better than the current set, they have a few negatives. On one hand you have the excesses of modern design (piping, shoulder yokes, monochrome) and on the other you have outdated design elements (sleeve striping, grey facemask). I'm just saying they could reach a compromise, maybe a modernized throwback.

I completely agree, and while the throwbacks do look quite a bit better than the current set, they have a few negatives. On one hand you have the excesses of modern design (piping, shoulder yokes, monochrome) and on the other you have outdated design elements (sleeve striping, grey facemask). I'm just saying they could reach a compromise, maybe a modernized throwback.

Back to the drawing board, then!

BTW, Marv Levy went to my alma mater-a tiny little college. Anybody know what it is offhand?

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it's hard to verify their authenticity."

--Abraham Lincoln

BTW, Marv Levy went to my alma mater-a tiny little college. Anybody know what it is offhand?

What, you don't know where you went to college? :P

So I had a bad week at the plant.

Help a guy out.

--Abraham Lincoln

Bills are wearing them tonight at the Hall of Fame game.

Beautiful.

[Titans are wearing there Oilers throwbacks too]

btw, I love the NBC scoreboard with the throwback logos.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Archived