2009 NFL Season Thread

BlueSky

I'm not sure how, but the Patriots are now 3-1.

And unless something happens quickly, the Bengals (who beat the defending champs last week) and winless Browns are gonna finish in a tie.

The Patriots are still the Patriots. They may not be the '07 Gangbuster Smack-you-upside-the-head-and-then-laugh-all-about-it-as-they-go-for-it-on-4th-Down-in-the-4th-Quarter-with-a-34-point-lead Patriots but they're still the Patriots. They just...win. :P

Also, wow @ the CIN/CLE game coming down to a last second FG in OT. That's basically as close of a win that you can get.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seriously, what is going on with my teams' QB's this weekend? First Paulus, now Sanchez. Ughh

That's what you get for thinking Greg Paulus is good.

But Mark Sanchez is making me sad.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

Is it just me or does this week suck.

When the current frontrunner for game of the the week is a last second OT-thriller between the Bengals & Browns (no offense to Bengals & Browns fans. =D), it's been a sucky week. Unless the Jets can get back in it down in the N.O., all hope will rest on Favre's Revenge Part I to live up to its hype.

When the current frontrunner for game of the the week is a last second OT-thriller between the Bengals & Browns (no offense to Bengals & Browns fans. =D), it's been a sucky week. Unless the Jets can get back in it down in the N.O., all hope will rest on Favre's Revenge Part I to live up to its hype.

The marathons that were the Browns/Bengals and the Pats/Ravens didn't help but I really thought the Lions really came out to play this week till the second half and I really thought Josh Johnson was going to be alright until the second half.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Seriously, what is going on with my teams' QB's this weekend? First Paulus, now Sanchez. Ughh

He was exceeding my expectations heading into this week, then he went on to throw 5 INTs

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

Yeah, but the bears won.........so thats pretty cool. iguess :huh:

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

He was exceeding my expectations heading into this week, then he went on to throw 5 INTs

They're both "rookie" QBs. Rookie QBs are going to have a really bad day every once in a while.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Some thoughts about the Cincinnati-Cleveland game: The Bengals looked like the Better team in the first half and then couldn't tie their own shoes in the second half. Credit to the Browns for blocking that field goal and extra point at the end but if the Bengals don't get their kicking game together I'm going to pull my hair out. They messed up another extra point, the third of this season, except this time it was for the lead with a minute to go. Also credit to the Browns for actually playing like an NFL team. They surprised me this week and will no longer be at the bottom of my power rankings list. And LOL at that overtime. If the Bengals had another tie two seasons in a row, I don't know how I'd react.

A win is a win and this Bengals team is 3-1 after the first four. I predicted a 2-2 start so I'm excited about how things have gone. Something that I love to see is Carson Palmer at the end of games. Before this season it seemed like his play and the offense was always just a little off from making that comeback drive. Palmer has now engineered three drives late in games that ended in taking the lead or tie. It's wonderful. I wish the offense would resemble the two minute drill offense for the entire game.

PvO6ZWJ.png

After McNabb's gaffe last year, I think EVERYONE knows an NFL game can end in a tie.

Especially since that game was in Cincy.

Oh, and the Rams offense surrendered more points than the defense today.

/shoots self.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

And Denver is 4-0. W.T.F.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Two things, since I just got back off the road:

1) Today was the one game the Buccaneers could have won. They didn't win it. 0-4 might well turn into 0-16 very easily and very quickly. It also wouldn't surprise me, either.

2) From this point on, I do NOT second-guess my gut.

Something TOLD me to pick the Donks to win over the 'Boys this week, simply because the Cowboys just can't seem to finish games. Something told me...but the Donks ain't played nobody all year up until today. Congrats, Donks. (And PLEASE make the orange tops the primaries next season...PLEASE!)

The other thing...I promise I ain't lying, but do y'all know just how close I came to sticking with my prediction of a tie between the Browns and Bengals?? Of course, at the last second, before I hit "Add Reply", I chose the Bengals. They won in OT today. Just saying.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Is it me or do the Cowboys never win a close game.

This is the second time today where a post I made earlier on an unrelated subject still works. From earlier today in this very thread...

Not unless you and I are not seeing something everyone else is seeing.

BB52Big.jpg

Archived