2009 NFL Season Thread

BlueSky

...Oh, and the Bengals were highly disappointing this week.

Very disappointing. Though I've been looking at it optimistically. At the beginning of the season I went through their schedule and at this point I had them pegged for 4-6 or 5-5 at best. To be 7-3 and leading the division at this point is very exciting. Maybe this loss can be a wakeup call that if they don't play their hardest then they can lose. And despite not having Cedric Benson their rushing attack still looked good. Bernard Scott, Brian Leonard, and Larry Johnson all ran well.

The Steelers and Ravens both lost which would've made it a good day to gain another spot, but that also makes this loss not sting so much because they didn't lose any ground either. Oh, well, you have to figure that they would lose one of these "gimme" games at some point. The Browns are in for a beatdown. The last game coming off a loss resulted in a 45-10 thrashing of the Bears.

PvO6ZWJ.png

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...Oh, and the Bengals were highly disappointing this week.

Very disappointing. Though I've been looking at it optimistically. At the beginning of the season I went through their schedule and at this point I had them pegged for 4-6 or 5-5 at best. To be 7-3 and leading the division at this point is very exciting. Maybe this loss can be a wakeup call that if they don't play their hardest then they can lose. And despite not having Cedric Benson their rushing attack still looked good. Bernard Scott, Brian Leonard, and Larry Johnson all ran well.

The Steelers and Ravens both lost which would've made it a good day to gain another spot, but that also makes this loss not sting so much because they didn't lose any ground either. Oh, well, you have to figure that they would lose one of these "gimme" games at some point. The Browns are in for a beatdown. The last game coming off a loss resulted in a 45-10 thrashing of the Bears.

Like losing to The Raiders was going to matter with that. :D

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

Well the Bears defense has been awful too and I think that has more to do with it since they banked so much on Cutler and have no first round pick next year. So that explaisn why the GM is in trouble.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Stafford is gaining respect quickly. Did anybody see him mic'd up? Good stuff. Now he is starting today after being doubtful. And to think people were saying he would be the next Joey Harrington... They have nothing in common. Nice start for the Lions with a fumble recovery!

MegatronSig2.jpg

I think Stafford has been handled pretty well by the Lions so far. They have backed him up with an experienced guy (even if in the end Culpepper has spent some time injured), he has some good receivers to go to, and has some smart coaches around him as well.

yes the Lions are not by any means the finished article, and I am not convinced Stafford looks like an elite QB in the league, but so far they at least seem headed in the right direction.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I, for one, hope that Stafford does in fact grow to be that team's long-term starting QB. Sure, this is only his rookie year, but he has the intangibles, at least from what I can see, and a sizeable amount of guile (as Kevin Jones can attest to). Also, as has been said, he's got experience behind him and his coaches are doing good with him. Plus...after going soooooooo loooooooooonnnnnnnnnnggg without a viable long-term QB leading the team's offense, I believe the city of Detroit deserves a good one. I hope, for the D's sake (and for the sake of all Lions fans out there), that this guy really does pan out.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Or that Lovie Smith is the defensive coordinator for an unacceptably impotent defense. God you're such a :censored:ing idiot.

Or that he brought in a bunch of his injury-prone buddies from St. Louis this season who (surprise! surprise!) got hurt.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Who's idea was it to put the Raiders on Thanksgiving? I understand having to put the Lions on because of tradition but why were the Raiders selected to play Thanksgiving? I know the Cowboys have to play an AFC team because of CBS and the NFC East plays the AFC West, but why not put the Chargers on Thanksgiving instead of the Raiders?

Who's idea was it to put the Raiders on Thanksgiving? I understand having to put the Lions on because of tradition but why were the Raiders selected to play Thanksgiving? I know the Cowboys have to play an AFC team because of CBS and the NFC East plays the AFC West, but why not put the Chargers on Thanksgiving instead of the Raiders?

It is really "because the the Cowboys have to play and AFC team", the NFL schedule has the Lions going against the AFC North this year. The Raiders and Niners must have at least one national/prime time game each year as per the current contracts. The shared market agreement, within the contract deals more with this issue. Wikipedia, gives a good explanation, which may just be partially true (as we do not know TV contract info).

It is really "because the the Cowboys have to play and AFC team", the NFL schedule has the Lions going against the AFC North this year. The Raiders and Niners must have at least one national/prime time game each year as per the current contracts. The shared market agreement, within the contract deals more with this issue. Wikipedia, gives a good explanation, which may just be partially true (as we do not know TV contract info).

The Raiders had one of the first Monday Night games this year, that should deal with the "guarantee one national game" segment. Dallas has played AFC West team in the past on Thanksgiving that weren't the Raiders. I don't see why they couldn't put San Diego (who is already scheduled to play in Dallas this year) on Thanksgiving.

The Raiders had one of the first Monday Night games this year, that should deal with the "guarantee one national game" segment. Dallas has played AFC West team in the past on Thanksgiving that weren't the Raiders. I don't see why they couldn't put San Diego (who is already scheduled to play in Dallas this year) on Thanksgiving.

There was near illwill last year as a team can only receive 6 total primetime games. This year teams are only scheduled for five and teams can still be flexed, like the CHI@MIN game for this Sunday. Week 17 has PHL@DAL, but is "should not" be flexed as NBC already had the initial intra-conference game and FOX did not receive it. It happened; move on and the NFLN game will tried to be the most competitive game on Thanksgiving.

I think they're trying to maximise overall viewership for the season by NOT having Dallas and San Diego on Thanksgiving. The NFL knows they would get a good audience with Dallas and San Diego whether it's Thanksgiving or a regular Sunday. How many viewers would want to watch the Raiders and Cowboys and a typical Sunday? If the other games at the same time are bad, then viewership for that week would be poor.

I saw, I came, I left.

The Who? Really Why does the NFL want them? They have had drug issues and they are OLD! But this was know two weeks ago.

Why does the NFL want The Who? I don't know, maybe because they're :censored:-ing incredible? Who would you prefer, Britney Spears or Maroon 5 or someone?

Youth is truly wasted on the young, although to be honest, dfwabel acts more like he's about 70 most of the time. :D

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

Archived