European Soccer 2009-10

heernumurr

**************Saintsfans weekly EPL roundup******************

Performance of the week- I am going to go for Man City beating Arsenal. Arsenal's great start to the season has come apart in Manchester with two succesive defeats against the two Manchester teams. City looked ready to challenge for a top 4 place.

Improving team- Manchester United have quickly turned around a wobbly start to the season and once again look the team to beat.

team with all the troubles- Everton- another defeat for Moyes' team provides them with a real headache, having lost Lescott and watched 2-03 teams at least vault past them in terms of quality.

Manager fearing for his job- Its early yet, but Paul Hart at P :censored: h must be looking over his shoulder- pointless, new owners with the team, gotta get the team moving quickly.

*******new feature********** Saintsfans EPL power rankings (top and bottom)

1 Manchester United

2 Chelsea

3 Manchester City

4 Liverpool

5 Tottenham Hotspur

-------------------

20 P :censored: h

19 Bolton Wanderers

18 Hull City

17 Wolverhampton Wanderers

16 West Ham United

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

234708847.jpg

This is after Adebayor scored Man City's 3rd of 4 goals in a 4-2 win over Arsenal today...and he scored on the OTHER end. That, combined with him stomping on Van Persie, must mean that Adebayor had this game circled on his calendar for a while, eh?

FA's probably going to ban him for that.

I hope the book gets thrown at him! What a disgrase!

Ligue Un Matchday 5 Roundup

Le Mans 1-2 Marseille

Brandao breaks the tie in the 70th minute to give l'OM the 3 points

Lille 1-0 Sochaux

Journeyman substitute Pierre-Alain Frau scores the winner to give les Dogues their first win of the season

Lyon 1-0 Lorient

No Lisandro, no problem for Les Gones. Michel Bastos scores to keep Lyon unbeaten

Montpellier 1-0 Lens

A 39th minute penalty by Alberto Costa keeps the newcomers in a Champions League spot

Nancy 0-0 Toulouse

A red card to André Luiz is the only talking point between these two mid-table clubs

Valenciennes 1-1 Boulonge

2 goals in 8 second half minutes give both clubs a single point

Bordeaux 1-0 Grenoble

Yoan Gouffran gave Bordeaux a lead they would not relinquish. Grenoble is still on a duck through 5 games

Auxerre 2-0 Nice

Auxerre score their first goals of the season, and Olivier Sorin keeps a clean sheet to give Auxerre 3 points

Rennes 1-0 Saint-Etienne

Sainté's troubles continue. Sylvain Marveaux scores and Rennes takes all 3 points

Monaco 2-0 PSG

2 goals in 3 minutes stuns PSG, and drops them out of a first place tie

With PSG's loss in the principality, Bordeaux and Lyon now share the lead on 13 points. Montpellier and Marseille are tied for 3rd place with 11. Grenoble are still pointless and sit in 20th. Saint-Etienne occupies 19th, and Nice rounds out the drop spots with 4 points but a -7 goal difference.

Next week, Marseille. Bordeaux and Lyon play in the Champions League, while Lille and Toulouse play in the Europa League. Next Sunday has Lyon traveling to the capital to take on PSG in the game of the week.

1zqy8ok.gif

Opening night of the Champions League group stages and here are your results

Atletico Madrid 0 Appoel Nicosia 0

Besiktas 0 Manchester United 1

Chelsea 1 Porto 0

Zurich 2 Real Madrid 5

Juventus 1 Bordeaux 1

Macaiba Haifa 0 Bayern Munich 3

Marseille 1 AC Milan 2

Wolfsburg 3 CSKA Moscow 1

Good draw for Bordeaux in Turin, Milan getting one back for the Italians against the French in Marseille. Mixed fortunes for Madrid's two teams as well. Real off to a flyer in Switzerland, Atletico get help by Cyprus' first champions league representatives.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Yeah, im super excited for UCL being back...a good set of fixtures yesterday, and looking forward to today's games. My Catalans needs a win bad against Inter and Eto'o.

I dunno if this is the right thread for this question, but does anyone here play ESPN Fantasy Soccer (EPL league & now Champions League)? I have a team in both games and would enjoy some competition...let me know and I can start a CCSLC mini-league if there are enough ppl.

fyi, HERE is a link to the games.

I'm watching the Villa-Pompey game right now...Villa's up 2-0 and they looked bad doing so. Pompey's gonna get relegated. God bless their fans though, the team's crap but they're the main ones singing at Villa Park right now.

I'm watching the Villa-Pompey game right now...Villa's up 2-0 and they looked bad doing so. Pompey's gonna get relegated. God bless their fans though, the team's crap but they're the main ones singing at Villa Park right now.

They look reallllly bad, I'm thinking a Derby like season unless the new owner opens up the checkbook.

They look reallllly bad, I'm thinking a Derby like season unless the new owner opens up the checkbook.

I think P :censored: h's job is going to be to stay in touch till January and hope they can bring in some talent to keep them up. At the moment, you have to erm fear for them.

In other news, Southampton got there first won of the season! Only 2 more points till we have 0!!!!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Ok, I randomly woke up early this morning and searching for something to watch I came across the Man U-Man City game. What a great :censored:ing game. Man U. dominated the entire second half but Man City was able to tie the game seconds before the 90 minute mark. Then in stoppage time literally moments before the final whistle was about to blow Owen scored for Man U. to win it.

****************Saintsfans EPL weekly roundup******************

Performance of the week- Chelsea winning 3-0 against Spurs, Chelsea really look good so far this season. Big win against a top half of the table team.

Match of the week- Manchester Derby. 2 last minute goals, 7 goals altogether, and Michael Owen cementing a place in the hearts of Red Devils fans forever.

A good reaction from Everton having been slated in last weeks Saintsfan rounduip, 3-0 over Blackburn. This weeks teams needing to rebound well from bad performances- Bolton, P :censored: h, Spurs, and Wigan.

Manager looking over his shoulder- Paul Hart must still be worried- are the new owners going to trust him with their money??

***Saintsfans Power rankings***

Top 5

1 Chelsea

2 Manchester United

3 Manchester City

4 Liverpool

5 Arsenal

-----------------

20 P :censored: h

19 Bolton Wanderers

18 Hull City

17 Wigan Athletic

16 Blackburn Rovers

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

lol @ the end of that Man City-Man U game. That was the loosest application of a set amount of stoppage time that I've seen in soccer. How did 4 minutes turn into 6 and a half? :blink:

Ha ha so true! One thing with Manchester United though is you know they will keep going until the final whistle goes!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Ligue 1 Matchday 6 roundup

Boulonge 0-2 Bordeaux

Yoan Gouffran scored for les Girondins, and Boulonge added an own goal to keep the champs undefeated

Grenoble 0-4 Rennes

You think Portsmouth is bad? Grenoble has only scored 2 goals all season so far

Lorient 3-1 Nancy

Each team scored in injury time, but the Breton's 2 in regular time given them the 3 points

Nice 1-3 Monaco

Alejandro Alonso scored twice to give the principality the edge in this derby

Saint-Etienne 1-1 Auxerre

Kevin Lejeune equalized in the 75th for Auxerre to split the points

Sochaux 2-5 Valenciennes

Gregory Pujol scored twice as Valenciennes dismantle a 10-man Sochaux

Marseille 4-2 Montpellier

L'OM scored 3 times in 8 minutes in the first half to give them a lead they wouldn't relinquish

Lens 1-1 Lille

Adil Rami scored in the 93rd for les Dogues to salvage a draw from the Derby du Nord

Toulouse 2-0 Le Mans

A nice win for TFC, in a game dedicated to Brice Taton; a TFC fan who was stabbed in Belgrade before the Europa Cup match against Partizan

PSG 1-1 Lyon

Bafetemi Gomis scored in the 85th minute to keep Lyon undefeated

Lyon's draw in the capital means Bordeaux is all alone on top of the League with 16 points from 6 games. Lyon and Marseille are both on 14 points. Grenoble is still pointless through 6 matches and sit at the bottom of the table. Nice, Saint-Etienne and Le Mans each have 4 points, but goal difference keeps Le Mans out of the drop.

1zqy8ok.gif

Archived