Intersting Observation From NFL Shop Magazine

tjpskillz34

Looking through my newest magazine from the NFL Shop, I noticed some interesting things as it relates to jerseys you can order:

In the magazine, there are a couple of pages dedicated to showing you all available jerseys for every team. This does NOT include fashion or throwback uniforms. Everything looked right except for 4 interesing observations. I'm hoping someone has some insight:

- No Black Falcons Jersey

- The Return of the Dolphins Orange Jersey

- No Lions Black Jersey

- A Silver Raiders Jersey

I'm most intrigued about the Raiders jersey, but I don't know if I am looking to deep into what I saw in the magazine. Any thoughts?

45_DenverBroncos.jpg.jpg

Please bring me some defense this offseason!!!

- No Lions Black Jersey

The Lions haven't had the black jersey since last year when they replaced it with their throwback jersey.

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

I doubt the Falcons are wearing their black jersey because of their throwback and it's black as well. I heard the Dolphins orange was back as well. Don't know about the Raiders silver. They have it in Madden (which isn't saying much) and they wore white at home once last season too (but that was Kiffin being a tool I think).

KISSwall09.jpg

Yeah, from what I know the NFL only allows 2 alternate jersey games per team. Throwbacks count. So, the Falcons have closeted their black jerseys.

I think it is kind of dumb though. Teams should be able to wear whatever they want whenever they want (of course you have to limit the amount of jerseys you have b/c of merchandising and stuff).

Yeah, from what I know the NFL only allows 2 alternate jersey games per team. Throwbacks count. So, the Falcons have closeted their black jerseys.

I think it is kind of dumb though. Teams should be able to wear whatever they want whenever they want (of course you have to limit the amount of jerseys you have b/c of merchandising and stuff).

Do you work for the Cleveland Cavaliers?

Not in this era of revenue sharing. All clubs now have a vested interest in making sure that all other clubs build as strong of a brand and identity (and stick to it) as they can. If the teams were just out there for themselves, then I'd agree with you.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I still think the Falcons look a billion times better in BLACK jerseys over the RED ones.

I would even settle for the red jersey/black pants combo over what they have now anyday. I'm not a fan of the black helmet, red jersey, white pants look. It doesn't really do it for me.

I still think the Falcons look a billion times better in BLACK jerseys over the RED ones.

I would even settle for the red jersey/black pants combo over what they have now anyday. I'm not a fan of the black helmet, red jersey, white pants look. It doesn't really do it for me.

I also enjoyed the black jerseys much better. All I can think is that the Falcons must really be trying distance themselves from the Michael Vick era.

6uXNWAo.png

I also enjoyed the black jerseys much better. All I can think is that the Falcons must really be trying distance themselves from the Michael Vick era.

Um, nope. IIRC, Vick was the one who pushed for the switch from black to red.

IMO red > black. Black football uniforms are so tired.

Thing about that is, the Broncos are wearing their throwbacks and orange alternates this year, so I am not sure if they are enforcing that this season, maybe due to the AFL Anniversary.

45_DenverBroncos.jpg.jpg

Please bring me some defense this offseason!!!

Thing about that is, the Broncos are wearing their throwbacks and orange alternates this year, so I am not sure if they are enforcing that this season, maybe due to the AFL Anniversary.

oh yeah that is true. well, maybe the Falcons just thought two black jerseys is dumb. I wish they would just wear black helmets, black jerseys, and white pants primarily. those uniforms would be a favorite amongst the masses had they stayed on the field

- No Black Falcons Jersey

- The Return of the Dolphins Orange Jersey

- No Lions Black Jersey

- A Silver Raiders Jersey

My thoughts in that order:

-Dang. I liked that one.

-I knida liked it, but I'm just not so sure.

-Not suprised, but I was one of the few who actually liked it.

-Doubt they will ever wear it.

I disagree. I think the black jerseys worked quite well for Atlanta since they also use a black helmet -- the same way Pittsburgh's do.

6uXNWAo.png

I disagree. I think the black jerseys worked quite well for Atlanta since they also use a black helmet -- the same way Pittsburgh's do.

I still think that the best possible combination for the Falcons would be to go black-black-white at home, black-white-black on the road, then make the current home the alternates. The only reason that they're wearing the red jerseys is because they figure the black-black-white combo is bad luck. (Vick went down for the season in his ONLY game wearing that combination. Even when he came back at the end, they decided to wear the red for the final 2 home games.)

Anyways, the reason that there isn't a black Falcons jersey this year is because that one had to go in order for the Falcons to wear throwbacks this year. I'm sure it'll be back in the mag next year. Hell, you can still order it anywhere else.

This is the last time The Falcons uniforms looked good. :D

Nobis_Team_Action.jpg

BB52Big.jpg

Archived