2010 MLB New Logos, Uniforms, Patches

Brian E

I like the look of that Giants alternate hat.

agreed. that's a winner. looks great. i wonder if they'll only wear it with the new orange alt or mix it into the home and/or road rotation.

I would like them to add it as a home hat, like the Orioles did.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the look of that Giants alternate hat.

agreed. that's a winner. looks great. i wonder if they'll only wear it with the new orange alt or mix it into the home and/or road rotation.

I would like them to add it as a home hat, like the Orioles did.

Gotta disagree. The Giants are primarily black with orange. Don't think these would look that great with either the home or away set, at least not as good as the all-black cap. It'll go fine with the orange jersey, but leave at that. The Orioles are more black AND orange, relatively equally, now, so it works for them better.

As much as I want more orange in baseball, I was hoping that the Orioles would be the ones with the orange alt. Beggers can't be choosers, and it looks really nice on the Giants, so overall, I like it alot. Do we know if the numbers are going to be black or white on the jersey?

Orange sanitaries FTW.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

To enhance the coverage of the Giants alternate, this was seen (during the season) at Giants Dugout at AT&T Park. Might have been a fashion jersey, but perhaps an idea of what might come soon?

8217_140491841031_693636031_2781656_7529942_n.jpg

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

To enhance the coverage of the Giants alternate, this was seen (during the season) at Giants Dugout at AT&T Park. Might have been a fashion jersey, but perhaps an idea of what might come soon?

8217_140491841031_693636031_2781656_7529942_n.jpg

It is a beauty and would pair great with the hat. As an alternate, whether only home, road or one day a week, it would still be nice for the Giants. I just don't want to see them ruin their great regular sets by mixing the alt hat with them or wearing the alt jersey way too much. And this coming from someone who despises the Giants, by acknowledges their awesome asthetic identity.

Don't like how the letters on the Giants jersey have orange trim. Seems kind of unnecessary, and the twill vs. coolbase might create some weird effects.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Yankees Special Edition WS Cap

pMLB2-6921357dt.jpg

At first glance, I thought they used the jersey logo on that cap, but I can see that it's not.

I wonder if they'll go with a gold-trimmed NY on the pinstripe jerseys, at least for pre-game? I doubt it, but it'll be interesting to see if MLB pressures them.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Don't like how the letters on the Giants jersey have orange trim. Seems kind of unnecessary, and the twill vs. coolbase might create some weird effects.

As was mentioned when that picture was posted a long time ago, it's just a replica sold in the team store there. It may be what they end up using, but I'm sure not all the details are gonna be exactly the same.

Off subject...but how difficult would be it to remove a patch from a cap? I want a new Twins road hat but don't want the 2010 patch on there.

Usually they do offer a version without the patch. This year I still saw normal Yankee and Mets hats, even though they had the patches, and I even saw normal (No inagural patch) Yankee hats with the WS patch.

Anubis.png

Off subject...but how difficult would be it to remove a patch from a cap? I want a new Twins road hat but don't want the 2010 patch on there.

I'm sure they'll sell the caps sans the patch, per usual. There will be people who don't wanna be bothered with the patch. Besides money talks, bull you know the rest.

the orange trim is just a product of the replica-nature of the jersey. the new swingman-esque replicas they debuted in 2009 have that extra outline.

sig2024.png

Usually they do offer a version without the patch. This year I still saw normal Yankee and Mets hats, even though they had the patches, and I even saw normal (No inagural patch) Yankee hats with the WS patch.

I figured as much, just haven't seen any of the new roads yet without the patch other than an early leak on mlb.com.

Archived