2010 MLB New Logos, Uniforms, Patches

Brian E

The thing about it is... and really, only the Cowboys can match this(with a major assist going to the Tennessee Titans and a lot of success), the Rangers are "Texas' Team". Nobody outside of Houston watches the Astros. West Texas, South Texas, it's all Rangers country. Considering the Astros have been more successful over their history and had a 10 year head start in the state, I think the name being Texas has something to do with it.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Dallas Cowboys started in Dallas. The Stars and Mavericks still play in Dallas. And the Rangers have always been in Arlington. So it's not quite the same. I'm sure they did it for the same reasons the Angels became California, because there isn't much middle ground, and the fact the name worked. Metroplex Rangers wasn't an option.

Exactly.

Dallas doesn't own them just because they play "close" to the city. Not to mention the fact that everyone's missing here....the name "Texas Rangers" has much more significance and relevance then Dallas Rangers or Arlington Rangers. They are named after the famous lawmen in that area. It would kind of be the equivalent of someone having a problem with the name "Buffalo Bills" because they play in Orchard Park. Sure they could call themselves the "Orchard Park Bills" but the name "Buffalo Bills" has more significance because of the reference to the guy the team is named for....Buffalo Bill Cody.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Dallas Cowboys started in Dallas. The Stars and Mavericks still play in Dallas. And the Rangers have always been in Arlington. So it's not quite the same. I'm sure they did it for the same reasons the Angels became California, because there isn't much middle ground, and the fact the name worked. Metroplex Rangers wasn't an option.

Exactly.

Dallas doesn't own them just because they play "close" to the city. Not to mention the fact that everyone's missing here....the name "Texas Rangers" has much more significance and relevance then Dallas Rangers or Arlington Rangers. They are named after the famous lawmen in that area. It would kind of be the equivalent of someone having a problem with the name "Buffalo Bills" because they play in Orchard Park. Sure they could call themselves the "Orchard Park Bills" but the name "Buffalo Bills" has more significance because of the reference to the guy the team is named for....Buffalo Bill Cody.

Trivia note here:

Among the names considered for the NFL's Dallas expansion team in 1960 in were both "Texas Rangers" and "Dallas Rangers". Both were rejected to avoid confusion with Dallas' then American Association baseball club (they were using "Dallas Rangers" at the time).

Also considered: "Dallas Steers".

Exactly.

Correct. It is also somewhat equivalent to the name Florida Panthers - which is the name of the endangered species Florida panther.

It makes me crazy when someone suggests that the Bills would somehow take the "Bills" nickname with them if they were to ever move.

1990s Retro Weekend

July 23-25 vs. Nationals

- July 23: Brewers to wear reproductions of the home 1997-99 uniforms. The jersey has "BREWERS" in block letters on the front, while the cap features an "MB" logo. The Nationals will be wearing their current uniforms. Alumni Greg Vaughn and Jeff Cirillo are scheduled to attend and participate in a pre-game autograph session.

If the description is correct, they would actually be wearing their 1994-96 uniform, which is the inferior version of this design. Please let it actually be the 97-99 unis, with the thick braiding on the placket instead of piping, and the white "M" on the cap. Not only is that an outstanding uniform, but I'd really love to get my hands on one of those caps again.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The Jeff Cirillo era finally gets its due. I really thought for all the world that they'd never wear those uniforms again. I forgot all about the 40th anniversary, incidentally.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

1990s Retro Weekend

July 23-25 vs. Nationals

- July 23: Brewers to wear reproductions of the home 1997-99 uniforms. The jersey has "BREWERS" in block letters on the front, while the cap features an "MB" logo. The Nationals will be wearing their current uniforms. Alumni Greg Vaughn and Jeff Cirillo are scheduled to attend and participate in a pre-game autograph session.

If the description is correct, they would actually be wearing their 1994-96 uniform, which is the inferior version of this design. Please let it actually be the 97-99 unis, with the thick braiding on the placket instead of piping, and the white "M" on the cap. Not only is that an outstanding uniform, but I'd really love to get my hands on one of those caps again.

We can only hope you're right.

The MB logo was bad, of course, but the solitary M looked too slight to fill out the entire front of the hat. Lonely little M.

I wonder if anyone has the 97-99 logos for the site. Guess they probably would've uploaded them by now if they did.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I like how for every weekend, except the 90s celebration, the road team is also wearing throwback uniforms.

I don't know the Brewers schedule, but it is too bad they couldn't find a team to play along with the 90s celebration.

I like how for every weekend, except the 90s celebration, the road team is also wearing throwback uniforms.

I don't know the Brewers schedule, but it is too bad they couldn't find a team to play along with the 90s celebration.

I think the last thing Nationals ownership wants to do is relive the Expos.

2IA3b.png

That is why it is too bad they couldn't find a team that would go along with the celebration.

I know they were at the mercy of their schedule.

Because the Expos actually had winning seasons and Hall of Fame players. The Lerners don't want to raise anybody's expectations in Washington!

On the Brewers, what a mess of a logo. If they'd even just continued the lines marking the barrel staves above and blow the hoops, it would be an improvement. Then shade the whole barrel in some barrel-like color, and it would be perfect. It's so close to awesome, yet fails so miserably, that this is the <i>Phantom Menace</i> of commemorative patches.

On the unis, I've always preferred the early iteration of the green-era Brewers jersey, but also the later version of the cap. Hopefully, they'll screw up the throwback attempt and give us a hybrid of the 1994 jersey with the 1997 cap. And then offer both for sale online.

20082614447.png

Archived