2010 MLB New Logos, Uniforms, Patches

Brian E

maybe the nats can wear a jersey from this team:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Washington_Senators_(1891-1899)

The Senators did not fare well in their nine years as a franchise, which might have been the reason they were contracted. Washington never had a winning season and compiled a winning percentage of 0.366

That would be a beautiful tribute.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One bonus* positive result from the Brewers' retro weekends:

Powder blue unis for a day

Philadelphia Daily News

Phillies will be back in powder blue, at least for one game this season.

The team is helping the Brewers celebrate the 40th anniversary season of their move to Milwaukee. The Brewers have four "Retro Weekends" planned, one for each decade.

The Phillies will be in Milwaukee for 1970s weekend, May 14-16, and the teams will wear their old-style uniforms for the May 14 game. The Phillies wore the powder blue uniforms on the road for most of the '70s.

Scott Brandreth, the Phillies' director of merchandising, said that is the only game planned for the retro uniforms at this time.

The event was at the Brewers' urging, but Brandreth said the Phillies "were happy to participate."

*Edited for Gothamite-ness. :P

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

This is true. I was obviously focusing on the Phillies. Interesting part will be that we will have never seen this uni matchup before as the Brewers were in the AL at the time of the powder blues.

See above...

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

I know its probably asking a bit much, but I wish theyd go for maroon cleats. When they did this back in 02 and 03, the bright red cleats looked really out of place. Now, some guys like Rollins and Victorino have a decent amount of gray on their cleats for road games, which could look ever worse.

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

Those old Phillies sets were such a mess for a little while. The home unis had maroon caps, maroon P, maroon spikes, but red pinstripes. The roads obviously didn't have red stripes, but I've seen at least a few photos of players in red helmets with the road blues. I'm pretty sure that was a mistake and not ever a part of the set though.

Darren Daulton had red catchers gear to go along with the home uniform during his first year or two (before the home uni switched to maroon pinstripes), and I'm fairly certain he wore the red gear with the blue set too. I think this was '85 maybe?

I might be part of the minority here, but I think the current Phillies unis are a step up from the 80's unis. The only thing I'd change would be to add an outline of some sort around the 'Phillies' patch on the home whites or have the pin stripes continue all the way down behind the script. Looks weird how they have it now.

Those old Phillies sets were such a mess for a little while. The home unis had maroon caps, maroon P, maroon spikes, but red pinstripes. The roads obviously didn't have red stripes, but I've seen at least a few photos of players in red helmets with the road blues. I'm pretty sure that was a mistake and not ever a part of the set though.

Just as an FYI, the Phillies' pinstripes were indeed Red through 1986, and then thankfully changed to Maroon in 1987 (through 1991).

In a quote from today's St. Petersburg Times under Rays Rumblings (some of it we know about and some seems new...)

Look for a new sky blue cap (mlb.com is selling it now) for spring training and road game batting practice, and potentially another uniform change coming.

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/baseball/rays/article1067686.ece

Anyone know more?

Wonder if that could be the "Tampa Bay" road uniforms that the team mentioned might be coming when they unveiled the current look?

That would be great. I'm not a huge fan of having the team's nickname on both home and away unis. Its bugs me when I watch any Angels or Rays highlights. Thankfully the Dodgers fixed that, but it took a long time for them to do so.

I hope the Rays make that change soon.

1990s Retro Weekend

July 23-25 vs. Nationals

- July 23: Brewers to wear reproductions of the home 1997-99 uniforms. The jersey has "BREWERS" in block letters on the front, while the cap features an "MB" logo. The Nationals will be wearing their current uniforms. Alumni Greg Vaughn and Jeff Cirillo are scheduled to attend and participate in a pre-game autograph session.

If the description is correct, they would actually be wearing their 1994-96 uniform, which is the inferior version of this design. Please let it actually be the 97-99 unis, with the thick braiding on the placket instead of piping, and the white "M" on the cap. Not only is that an outstanding uniform, but I'd really love to get my hands on one of those caps again.

We can only hope you're right.

And - you are correct!

:woot:

This is from the website - a minor change from the original press release.

July 23 ? Brewers to wear reproductions of the home 1997-99 uniforms, featuring "BREWERS" in block letters on the front, while the cap features an "M" logo. (emphasis mine)

I repeat, :woot: !

Slightly off topic, but doesn't warrant it's own thread.

When he was introduced at his press conference Ben Sheets had a #21 jersey.

51874306.jpg

On the A's website however, he's listed as #15. Has anybody heard or read anything about this? Is the website an error or did sudden switch occur, and why?

Slightly off topic, but doesn't warrant it's own thread.

When he was introduced at his press conference Ben Sheets had a #21 jersey.

51874306.jpg

On the A's website however, he's listed as #15. Has anybody heard or read anything about this? Is the website an error or did sudden switch occur, and why?

Underbill of his cap is gray, too.

1990s Retro Weekend

July 23-25 vs. Nationals

- July 23: Brewers to wear reproductions of the home 1997-99 uniforms. The jersey has "BREWERS" in block letters on the front, while the cap features an "MB" logo. The Nationals will be wearing their current uniforms. Alumni Greg Vaughn and Jeff Cirillo are scheduled to attend and participate in a pre-game autograph session.

If the description is correct, they would actually be wearing their 1994-96 uniform, which is the inferior version of this design. Please let it actually be the 97-99 unis, with the thick braiding on the placket instead of piping, and the white "M" on the cap. Not only is that an outstanding uniform, but I'd really love to get my hands on one of those caps again.

You and me both! I may even have the incentive to do something I haven't done for years... buy a jersey

If it does end up being the 94-96 version, it'll be the second of these "retro" series where they picked an inferior uniform. The late 80s version of their uniforms with the droptail script is much nicer than the generic duds from 1982.

Archived