Mikko Koivu

Saku Koivu

Jere Lehtinen

Antti Miettinen

Ville Peltonen

Jarkko Ruutu

Tuomo Ruutu

Teemu Selanne

Outside of the Canadians and possibly the Americans this is the strongest Goaltending I've seen.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

I'd go the two pant route honestly but whatever, if it gets wins then it's all good.

Oh and McCarthy, you should buy season tickets :P

well, I'm not all good luck. I was at the game earlier this month when they got housed by the Maple Leafs 6-3.

But, I do have tickets again tonight against Nashville and the last two times I've seen Nashville play it's resulted in a 2-1 Blue Jackets SO victory.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I'd go the two pant route honestly but whatever, if it gets wins then it's all good.

Oh and McCarthy, you should buy season tickets :P

well, I'm not all good luck. I was at the game earlier this month when they got housed by the Maple Leafs 6-3.

But, I do have tickets again tonight against Nashville and the last two times I've seen Nashville play it's resulted in a 2-1 Blue Jackets SO victory.

So what you've seen like our only 2 wins ever against Nashville? :P

6fQjS3M.png

Team Finland's squad.

Goaltenders

Miikka Kiprusoff

Niklas Backstrom

Antero Nittymaki

Defense

Lasse Kukkonen

Sami Lepisto

Toni Lydman

Janne Niskala

Joni Pitkanen

Sami Salo

Kimmo Timonen

Forwards

Valtteri Filppula

Niklas Hagman

Jarkko Immonen

Olli Jokinen

Niko Kapanen

Mikko Koivu

Saku Koivu

Jere Lehtinen

Antti Miettinen

Ville Peltonen

Jarkko Ruutu

Tuomo Ruutu

Teemu Selanne

Outside of the Canadians and possibly the Americans this is the strongest Goaltending I've seen.

Sorry dude, Nabokov, Bryzgalov, and Varlamov are better than this trio. Backstrom and Niitymaaki are overrated. If I had to rank the goaltending it would prolly go 1. Canada, 2. Russia, 3. USA (potentially, thats if Anderson is selected).

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Ah, Miikka Kiprusoff. With the Olympic workload added to his normal busy schedule, I'll forgive him if he calls in sick with Blackhawksownmyassitis next time he has to play them.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Source: If the Weather is bad enough tomorrow the Winter Classic could be called after 2 periods. All I can say is a Baseball stadium is the perfect venue for something as dumb as calling an NHL regular season game after 2 periods this isn't Baseball where games can get made up.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=4786352

If something like this happens they should very well reconsider having this outdoor game you can't help the weather and if they call this game the NHL will look worse then it's already viewed by the rest of the Big 4 sports.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Yeah, let's cancel the one time casual fans care about hockey before June because the weather might be bad. Use your head.

It's the NHL. What do you think they'll do?

This is exactly why it shouldn't be a regular season game, make it an exhibition game so it doesn't mess up someone's season (potentially, not likely though).

I disagree, actually. The NHL isn't the NFL, one loss isn't as damaging to a season. Plus, as admiral pointed out, this is the one time during the regular season casual sports fans actually care about hockey. So keep it a regular season game to increase its importance.

Well it's in a baseball park so since you can have an official game after 5 innings, you can have an official game after 2 periods I guess...

Of course the weather will likely cooperate, so it'll be moot.

This is the first one I'll be able to see. Couldn't see the Edmonton/Montreal one, and missed the Buffalo one (driving back from DC for New Years) and the Chicago one (at the Rose Bowl to see Penn State get smoked). I'm excited.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

"Phil Esposito's number seventy-seven."

Nice one, Bob Costas....

Well Phil Esposito did wear #77 with the Rangers

It was in reference to his retired number with the Bruins.

Anyway, these Bruins jerseys look BEAUTIFUL in person! I wouldn't mind seeing them dump their black alternates in exchange for these.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

"Phil Esposito's number seventy-seven."

Nice one, Bob Costas....

Well Phil Esposito did wear #77 with the Rangers

It was in reference to his retired number with the Bruins.

Anyway, these Bruins jerseys look BEAUTIFUL in person! I wouldn't mind seeing them dump their black alternates in exchange for these.

I'd rather they go with this jersey but the 70s/80s logo.

-Dan

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Love the design, can't abide by the use of brown or that stupid font for the names. The Providence Bruins did this look a whole lot better.

Yellow2.gif

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived