New All Black U.Wash Uniforms

lilgump

Hey all, I was just checkin up on twitter, and Isaiah Thomas posted some pictures of what looks like a new game jersey to be used by the Huskies this year. Same style as the Home/Away/Gold jerseys but black. Check them out

app3461871255455582.jpg

app3461871255454228.jpg

I'm not quite sure how I feel about them. I know the football team has been adding black into its scheme for its gear, and I think I've heard of the players wanted these black jersey's before.

Interesting look, will have to see them in person to get the full effect.

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

ZOMG, Nooooooooooooooooooes! Itz not spoze ta b black. Black aint 1 uf dey culurs!!!132

Diz needz mor white!

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

^^^ What the hell, man?

I like it. A lot. Black and purple always look good.

It's Jigga... and if you don't like it then feel free to use the block user option.

Was that really necessary? His 52 posts tell me he probably hasn't been around long enough to know what Jigga was doing.

Anyway, I know these are gonna piss off the anti-black police, but I like 'em. These were designed by someone that obviously took the time to think how black could be worked into the Huskies identity to where it actually adds something to it rather than slapping it on for the sake of being trendy. I'd be thrilled if my high school (colors purple & gold) used something like this.

EDIT: I just realized there's no gold on these at all which takes away from what I like about them. If they simply changed the white to gold they'd be much better.

I just realized there's no gold on these at all which takes away from what I like about them. If they simply changed the white to gold they'd be much better.

This. Also, I'm wondering if that white outline on the numbers is going to be thick enough to be visible. I really like purple and black as a combo, but man, is it ever an easy one to mess up. And when it goes bad, it goes real bad (i.e. K-State, Bob Huggins era).

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Take off the white, replace with gold, you may have a decent jersey. I don't see what's wrong with introducing black as a color. Especially Udub, they have a decent color set that would look good with black. Who doesn't think black and purple is a cool color scheme?

Miami Hurricanes collar/shoulder treatment aside...these things are HAWT.*

Yeah I said it.

*disclaimer: that had actually better be gold rather than white.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived