broncos in wrong pants

southpawstu19

watching the warm ups on espn...it appears that denver is wearing the brown pants with the yellow stripe that they wore last week with the yellow jerseys. if i remember correctly...isnt there supposed to be a pair of brown pants with white stripes for the away set?

Miami.png

i have a feeling the equipment manager packed the wrong ones...denver should have the issue under control being that they usually have 2 diff sets of white pants as well

watching the home game last week...the broncos helmet looked out of place...now the pants...i wouldn't be surprised to see the socks swapped at some point...

Miami.png

I am now wishing the Donks were in fact wearing the brown pants with white stripes...if only because I suddenly long to see what a brown-and-white team would look like in the NFL. We got blue-and-white and green-and-white...why not brown-and-white?

As a matter of fact...the next new team the NFL gets, be it via expansion or a relocation, needs to designate brown as their primary color.*

*ponders the thought...would a brown-clad team work in L.A.???

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

If I'm not mistaken, this is the last time they are scheduled to wear throwbacks (other teams are wearing them as many as 4 times). I guess we'll never get to see what they look like with brown and white pants (or non-twisted socks, for that matter).

i have a feeling the equipment manager packed the wrong ones...denver should have the issue under control being that they usually have 2 diff sets of white pants as well

My guess is that someone decided to wear the ones with the yellow stripes instead of the other ones. I find it very hard to believe that the equipment manager would just pack the wrong pants.

Incredible. The Broncos can't even do ugly right.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I'm actually impressed that the 1960 Denver Broncos, a team in an upstart league that didn't play that many games in an era where having two different sets of pants (or socks) wasn't common, had two sets of pants (and socks). That said, the yellow stripes look very out of place.

Unless they actually modeled these throwbacks this summer with two different pairs of pants then my guess is that they didn't want to buy two different sets of pants that would be used for only one game each. Every other AFL legacy team has pants that are interchangeable with both jerseys so they didn't have to deal with this problem.

another interesting thing I've noticed is that I don't think we've ever had such universal agreement across the boards about a particular uniform. At best they're getting "In a weird way, I actually like them, but would never want to see them full time" or "from the head to the knee, they're okay". The traditionalists hate them, the modernists hate them. Can you think of another uniform so widely hated by everyone or loved by everyone on the boards?

PvO6ZWJ.png

I'm actually impressed that the 1960 Denver Broncos, a team in an upstart league that didn't play that many games in an era where having two different sets of pants (or socks) wasn't common, had two sets of pants (and socks). That said, the yellow stripes look very out of place.

Unless they actually modeled these throwbacks this summer with two different pairs of pants then my guess is that they didn't want to buy two different sets of pants that would be used for only one game each. Every other AFL legacy team has pants that are interchangeable with both jerseys so they didn't have to deal with this problem.

another interesting thing I've noticed is that I don't think we've ever had such universal agreement across the boards about a particular uniform. At best they're getting "In a weird way, I actually like them, but would never want to see them full time" or "from the head to the knee, they're okay". The traditionalists hate them, the modernists hate them. Can you think of another uniform so widely hated by everyone or loved by everyone on the boards?

i like 'em.. especially the socks :: SHRUG. ::

I am now wishing the Donks were in fact wearing the brown pants with white stripes...if only because I suddenly long to see what a brown-and-white team would look like in the NFL. We got blue-and-white and green-and-white...why not brown-and-white?

As a matter of fact...the next new team the NFL gets, be it via expansion or a relocation, needs to designate brown as their primary color.*

*ponders the thought...would a brown-clad team work in L.A.???

If they keep playing the way they are, you might see the LA Browns... This team can just follow the Rams to the West coast. :puke:

If I'm not mistaken, this is the last time they are scheduled to wear throwbacks (other teams are wearing them as many as 4 times). I guess we'll never get to see what they look like with brown and white pants (or non-twisted socks, for that matter).

No they are scheduled to wear them at least two more times I believe. Once versus the Raiders at home on Dec 20th. And I believe they are wearing them against the Chiefs, I do not know whether it is the game in Denver or the game in Kansas City though.

jNTsTyQ.png

The reason they had two full sets of pants and socks is that the uniforms were purchased secondhand from some sort of collegiate all-star game. So, don't be impressed about that. I would hazard a guess that there were also two different helmets used for said game, but that the Broncos decided to go for the helmet from the white/road set, which would explain the complete absence of yellow.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The reason they had two full sets of pants and socks is that the uniforms were purchased secondhand from some sort of collegiate all-star game. So, don't be impressed about that. I would hazard a guess that there were also two different helmets used for said game, but that the Broncos decided to go for the helmet from the white/road set, which would explain the complete absence of yellow.

Let's ponder this for a moment. But can you imagine watching that game?

75222.jpg VS. PH2009101903682.jpg

No wonder it folded. :wacko:

It's pretty odd (clever?) when you think about it because they took the unis worn by two sides in the same game and used them as a home and road set.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Can we even be SURE that the Broncos had two sets of pants back in 1960-61? I mean, all the photos I've seen are in black and white, and the few color photos I've seen are of the yellow jersey and the pants with yellow stripes. I'd never even seen the white/brown socks until last night.

I'm not surprised that the NFL would screw this up...they are paying the price for not accurately documenting their history like MLB has. That's why we get pseudo throwbacks, or the 1994 Jets and Bills monstrosities where they kept their regular helmets but just reversed the colors on the logo! :cursing:

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

Archived