3 color plague

EJ_Barlik

Having seen the doggone awful Tennessee Vols Halloween jersey debacle, did anyone else see examples of the 3-color plague (different helmet, jersey, pants colors) from anytime this season??? If so, post them here and we can debate how to fix them....

75721a64-4661-4e7b-8423-e373a664a7f3.jpg

For Tennessee, I think they either needed a black matching helmet, white pants, or black pants.

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You knew an Oregon one was gonna be on here sooner than later lol. With all there mix-n-match combos they have, probably half of them fall in this category.

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

The regular Titans home getup is like that. White helmet, powder blue jersey, navy pants.

capt.30530c96801944de8bb43d54545637ec.jaguars_titans_football_tnmh114.jpg

I dont think those Titans ones are that bad. In fact I dont think those UT ones are that bad either. *(ducks behind desk)*

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

The Titans could fix that easily: White pants. They wear white pants with that Luv Ya Blue jersey, they're one of the best looking teams in the NFL, and the best primary set in the NFL whenever they wear the powder blue pants with their white jerseys.

Tennessee should just burn that black jersey.

The Titans could fix that easily: White pants. They wear white pants with that Luv Ya Blue jersey, they're one of the best looking teams in the NFL, and the best primary set in the NFL whenever they wear the powder blue pants with their white jerseys.

Tennessee should just burn that black jersey.

I've always thought the Titans should wear white pants with the powder jersey. It would be almost a Houston throwback look.

VmWIn6B.png

doesnt really count for white jerseys.

its when you do it with colored jerseys you get into trouble.

i think Georgia's red/blacl/silver looks fine.

Tennessee and Oregon...absolutely not. two of the ugliest uniforms ive seen in a long time, regretably along with the Dawgs pee-wee uniforms.

Hmmm....good point, the Titans Titans (as opposed to the Jets Titans) are passable. Something about powder blue works for the NFL (see Chargers).

Not counting the Jaguars b/c the helmet still looks black from a distance. :) Besides, I'm a Jags fan too & trying to liek the new duds....still growing on me.

Jets Titans at least look like they match from that forward view posted. They get a pass.....

Forgot my beloved Gators did the 3-color thing on both jersey sets. Should have thought of them right off. I actually like their combos. But, not convinced Orange/Orange/White and Orange/White/Orange wouldn't look better.... of course, we haven't seen those in a while. But the real answer long term for FL is to drop the "Gators" script and find a way to put the stinkin' gator itself on the helmet. That would be totally groovy (OK, 70's reference there, you got me...). Then, you could also get green into the unis using the "gator green", which would then give them the dual orange/blue for primary colors, the white, and also green as an accent color, which they could pull in around the numbers as a highlight color (number outlines, helmet stripes, shoulder stripes, pants stripes, socks stripes).

So far Gators look the best of all the 3-color outfits we have mentioned.

Georgia doesn't look right in black. 'nuff said.

Steelers w/yellow helmets actually look ok. There is enough yellow in the jersey to make you forget the white pants. but, I do see how the combo posted could be a poor combo for some folks to swallow. Yellow and white rarely (not never) mix.

13 posts and no mention of this?

dallas-cowboys_dallas-cowboys__tickets_5023453.jpg

dallas-cowboys.jpg

Good point - Dalls has about 8 million shades of grey/silver/whatever. For purposes of discussion, lets just all call them silver & call it a day. Therefore, it matches the helmet, and thus not matching the 3-color plague idea. Although in fairness, Dallas's different shades of grey are the plague all by themselves! Right up there with Oregon's grey/black/charcoal/whatever.

Its not an absolute rule of atrocity.

The Steelers gorgeous throwbacks definitely are 3 color and look great.

07_BUFda_Ward_81647.jpg

(however, they'd look WAY better with the current pants.)

As with all rules, there are exceptions like the old-school Denver Broncos uniforms. However it seems to me that uniforms where at least the jersey or pants are both a separate color from the helmet tend to look bad.

612990.jpg

North+Carolina+v+Connecticut+ERgOOWoWhVyl.jpg

I think the three-color look is pretty good when it goes from darkest to lightest from helmet to pants. The Falcons, Ravens, Jaguars, and Texans alt uniforms all work pretty well.

Light helmets, dark jerseys and white pants look okay. Same for dark helmets, white jerseys, and light pants. In both cases, I usually feel like the team would look better if they had just sprung for pants that matched the helmets.

The combination that I find universally fugly is when the pants are darker than the helmets. Tennessee, Tennessee, UNC roads with navy pants, Browns in brown pants, and Wyoming are all pretty nasty looking. The players just look unbalanced.

Archived