The 2009-10 College Basketball Clearinghouse.

rams80

Well everyone, it's that time of year again. Time to abandon the football team to gutless mediocrity in favor of the basketball team.

Or if you're Syracuse, time to apologize to whatever deity you hacked off so greatly in the last 72 hours.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'Cuse lost to Le Moyne, I don't know what to say except that thankfully it was only an exhibition game. I don't expect them to do well this year with the loss of their 3 best players, but they still should make the tourney.

saBS.png

Thank goddd that was an exhibition game and didn't count. If that was a regular season game like it was last year, yikes.

But yeah, although tonight sucked, I'm still excited for this season, especially opening night Monday with Boeheim going for win 800. I'm worried about the stretch in the end of the month, though. Cal, then UNC or Ohio State, then Cornell. That's gonna be a murderous 3-game stretch for Syracuse if they aren't careful. And speaking of Cornell, they're my adopted favorite women's basketball team now. It helps taking one of their incoming freshman to your senior prom, let's leave it at that. So Go (private and expensive and prestigious in academics, Binghamton need not apply for the 1st two criteria) Central NY schools!

And yes, I will probably be posting after every Syracuse game in this thread. And the only one actually slightly giving a crap about NCAA Women's Basketball

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

I am really looking forward to the season. I think the expectations for Michigan are a little high, with them being ranked #15 to start the season, but the team definitely has a lot of potential. Manny Harris and Deshawn Sims return, and they have some more big bodies than they had available last year. Freshman PG Darius Morris could complete a really scary backcourt. A very inexperienced but exciting team last year, they should be more consistent this year. I am really liking John Beilein so far.

MegatronSig2.jpg

Mississippi State supposedly has their best team in YEARS, pending the eligibility of a JuCo transfer...so I'm a little excited.

Of course, I really won't start paying too much attention until: 1) March :P and/or 2) My NCFA team miraculously wins games. :P But yeah, should be a pretty good season. Still can't wait until March Madness.

No. 25 Cuse loses stunner to D-II Le Moyne

Holy :censored:!! ....NCAA basketball has a preseason?

It's safer this way. Don't you think many of the I-A teams who have lost to I-AA teams wish those were preseason games?

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

This has to be the most excited I've been for a Cincinnati basketball season in a while. Deonta Vaughn won't have to do it all anymore, with Cashmere Wright healthy, and Lance Stephenson (a top 10 recruit) coming in. The only thing that worries me is the lack of post players. Steve Toyloy goes at about 6'8" and Yancy Gates is going to be really good, but he gets into foul trouble too easily and too often. But after that UC has Anthony "Biggie" McClain, a seven-footer who's struggled with a foot injury the past two years, but he still hasn't been that good, and Ibrahima Thomas, an Oklahoma State transfer who won't be eligible until December. The Bearcats will be going with four guards a lot in the first month or two.

The Heels should suprise a few people this year, even though they are young, and almost all of the scoring is gone, if we can survive this season's muderous scheduling, we'll be a team to be reckoned with...

Gah, this time of year couldn't have gotten any faster, i've missed Woody Durhams voice..alot...is that strange? haha! :lol:

Isiah Thomas will be making his coaching debut.

I'll set the Over/Under at 10 minutes left in the second half till he starts crying. ^_^

Or tries to back out of the game again.

Today, we are all otaku.

Isiah Thomas will be making his coaching debut.

I'll set the Over/Under at 10 minutes left in the second half till he starts crying. ^_^

Or tries to back out of the game again.

I'm sure he's still trying as we speak(type?).

The Heels should suprise a few people this year, even though they are young, and almost all of the scoring is gone, if we can survive this season's muderous scheduling, we'll be a team to be reckoned with...

Surprise people? I have yet to see a preseason poll that doesn't have the Heels in the Top 10.

Archived