Baseball Hot Stove

njmeadowlanders

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two minor leaguers for one; what a deal.

I get it.....Aaron Heilman isnt a very good baseball player, and he has similar talent levels as many minor-league players.

That being said, this move means nothing to the cubs

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

So another Cubs/Mets 3-Way proposed deal now includes Texas:

Mets Get: Kevin Milwood

Cubs Get: Luis Castillo

Rangers Get: Milton Bradley & Cash from Cubs

I don't know about how the other teams may feel, but as a Met fan, I jump at that...Castillo and Millwood's contracts are a wash (not factoring in future values) and it frees up 2nd to go try and sign Orlando Hudson...

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

LF Jason Bay has rejected a 4-year, $60 million offer from the Boston Red Sox and will test the free agency market.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Β 

I don't know about how the other teams may feel, but as a Met fan, I jump at that...Castillo and Millwood's contracts are a wash (not factoring in future values) and it frees up 2nd to go try and sign Orlando Hudson...

As a Phillies fan, I really hope this deal goes through.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Remember that MLB basically operated the Rangers. All the salaries match up, but the lack of Rangers ownership might be a bigger issue than originally thought.

I'm surprised that Joe Mauer got as close to unanimous as he did. The one 1st place vote he didn't get wasn't cast for Jeter or Teixeira, but for Miguel Cabrera...are you freaking kidding me? Miguel Cabrera? Joel, did you vote? Gary?

Pujols had the NL MVP award locked up in July, but it's even more impressive that he had that season with a busted up elbow.

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Β 

Yesterday Joe Mauer won the AL MVP award.

Today Albert Pujols was announced as the UNANIMOUS winner of the NL MVP.

There was no other choice in the NL.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Yesterday Joe Mauer won the AL MVP award.

Today Albert Pujols was announced as the UNANIMOUS winner of the NL MVP.

There was no other choice in the NL.

Isn't that what "UNANIMOUS" means (Justin's emphasis, not mine)? :P

Β 

Mauer would have been unanimous if some retart, probably from Detroit, hadn't voted for Miguel Cabrera. MIGUEL CABRERA!?

This voter obviously forgot about Cabrera getting blitzed and jacking up his wife (allegedly) the same weekend Minnesota caught Detroit in the Central.

6uXNWAo.png

According to Newsday's Ken Davidoff (via his Twatter page), "Keizo Konishi of Kyodo News, based in Seattle, voted Miguel Cabrera first."

Β 

Archived