IFL to add 7 new teams, drop 2 for 2010

hettinger_rl

i love the Generals... everything. man, i hate camo, but i love that set for some reason. creepy. *edit - except for that tapering helmet stripe... gross*

anyway, did anything else look at the 'meet the teams' section????? i'm pretty sure they had a junior high school computer class design these pages.

here's a sample:

http://goifl.com.ismmedia.com/ISM3/std-content/repos/Top/Text%20Blocks/PDFs/Ice.pdf

Hmm.....which team name is better?

Omaha Beef? or San Angelo Stampede Express?

gotta go with the beef

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Hmm.....which team name is better?

Omaha Beef? or San Angelo Stampede Express?

gotta go with the beef

Sorry, I'm just not a fan of nicknames based on stuff you'd expect to find on your dinner plate. See also the Moorhead (MN high school) Spuds.

And as someone who's spent a lot of time in La Crosse over the past few years, color me unimpressed by their new team's identity. Not only is "Spartans" way too generic a nickname to begin with, but their primary color is green. What are they trying to be, a third-rate Michigan State?

I hate to be the guy who asks about the Alaska-Wichita game.

"Who won?"

"The Wild!"

"Which one?"

Not to mention all the clueless bystanders left confused by overhearing that an NHL hockey team had apparently just won a football game.

CCSLC signature.png

IMO the best logos are (in no particular order): Green Bay Blizzard, Corpus Christi Hammerheads, El Paso Generals, Omaha Beef, and West Michigan Thunderhawks (if they get rid of that god awful font). Honorable mention to the Dusters for doing a pretty good job of using a cyclone.

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

There's going to be an IFL team in Wasilla Frickin' Alaska?

Why they weren't named the Fighting Palins is beyond me.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I hate to be the guy who asks about the Alaska-Wichita game.

"Who won?"

"The Wild!"

"Which one?"

"Who are we?"

"The Wildcats!"

"Who are we going to beat?"

"The Wildcats!"

I like the idea behind those El Paso Generals' uniforms, though I think a white version would look better. Maybe even white pants with that black jersey. Either way, it's good for an indoor football jersey, and something different while upholding the team's identity.

Archived