Sign in to follow this  
hettinger_rl

IFL to add 7 new teams, drop 2 for 2010

sorry, I know this is off-topic, but the El Paso Generals have some sweet logos/uniforms.

nextgame.png

thumbnail.png

img_9531.jpg

IMG_0947-2-resized-resized-resized.jpg

IMG_0921-2-resized-resized-resized.jpg

Maybe i am thinking someone else, but I think they have Camo pants too.

i love the Generals... everything. man, i hate camo, but i love that set for some reason. creepy. *edit - except for that tapering helmet stripe... gross*

anyway, did anything else look at the 'meet the teams' section????? i'm pretty sure they had a junior high school computer class design these pages.

here's a sample:

http://goifl.com.ismmedia.com/ISM3/std-content/repos/Top/Text%20Blocks/PDFs/Ice.pdf

Hmm.....which team name is better?

Omaha Beef? or San Angelo Stampede Express?

gotta go with the beef

I hate to be the guy who asks about the Alaska-Wichita game.

"Who won?"

"The Wild!"

"Which one?"

Hmm.....which team name is better?

Omaha Beef? or San Angelo Stampede Express?

gotta go with the beef

Sorry, I'm just not a fan of nicknames based on stuff you'd expect to find on your dinner plate. See also the Moorhead (MN high school) Spuds.

And as someone who's spent a lot of time in La Crosse over the past few years, color me unimpressed by their new team's identity. Not only is "Spartans" way too generic a nickname to begin with, but their primary color is green. What are they trying to be, a third-rate Michigan State?

"Who won?"

"The Wild!"

"Which one?"

Not to mention all the clueless bystanders left confused by overhearing that an NHL hockey team had apparently just won a football game.

sorry, I know this is off-topic, but the El Paso Generals have some sweet logos/uniforms.

nextgame.png

thumbnail.png

img_9531.jpg

IMG_0947-2-resized-resized-resized.jpg

IMG_0921-2-resized-resized-resized.jpg

Bea-utiful!

I'm not a fan of the West Michigan ThunderHawks, when the team was the Muskegon Thunder they had a nice logo, but now it looks like the same logo but messed up on the font.

IMO the best logos are (in no particular order): Green Bay Blizzard, Corpus Christi Hammerheads, El Paso Generals, Omaha Beef, and West Michigan Thunderhawks (if they get rid of that god awful font). Honorable mention to the Dusters for doing a pretty good job of using a cyclone.

There's going to be an IFL team in Wasilla Frickin' Alaska?

Why they weren't named the Fighting Palins is beyond me.

"Who won?"

"The Wild!"

"Which one?"

"Who are we?"

"The Wildcats!"

"Who are we going to beat?"

"The Wildcats!"

I like the idea behind those El Paso Generals' uniforms, though I think a white version would look better. Maybe even white pants with that black jersey. Either way, it's good for an indoor football jersey, and something different while upholding the team's identity.

Yeah I think it has been adressed before. Of course both are clip art I think.You would have thought they'd have updated it by now.