'Reaction' Photos

BlueSky

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That last shot with Dirk gets back to my original intent for the thread. It wasn't about the reactions of those directly involved (like baseball dogpiles etc.), it was about the drama and excitement playing out on the faces of observers. Of course that could be players, coaches, etc., but at the point where they're reacting to something that's occurring before their eyes (or anticipating it, like the Dirk shot), not celebrating something that's already happened. Make sense?

This qualifies, though I wish I could find one from a split second earlier, just when Lance Moore (16) realizes the kick is good. I've seen it on video and it's at a point where Payton is still pretty stoic but Moore has almost the same face as in this, just with more surprise than happiness. Kind of like the guy in the gold longsleeve shirt behind Payton or RB Pierre Thomas (rising behind Payton).

nfl.nfc.6.jpg

Then there's my favorite non-sports reaction shot, a Pulitzer winner called "Burst of Joy":

lt.col_stirm_pow_returns_vietnam_war_mar171973.jpg

Lt. Colonel Robert L. Stirm was returning home after 5 1/2 years as a prisoner of the Vietnamese. Sadly, his story didn't end well:

===

This famous shot came to symbolize the end of the United States involvement in Vietnam. The photo shows Stirm’s teen-aged daughter sprinting toward him with her arms out, followed by his other children and his wife.

Despite the photo's happy appearance, it was just three days before the picture was taken that an Air Force chaplain handed the Lt. Colonel a letter from his wife of 18 years, stating that she had fallen in love with another man during his five-and-a-half years in imprisonment. The next year, the Stirms divorced and his wife remarried. The judge awarded his wife custody of 2 of his younger children.

All of the family members depicted received copies after it was announced as the winner of the Pulitzer Prize. Lt. Col. Stirm's children have families of their own, and each one has a framed copy of “Burst of Joy” hanging in their homes, except Stirm, who says he cannot bear to look at it. Stirm became a colonel and retired from the Air Force at age 72.

===

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

dirk3.jpg

A personal favorite.

Kinda got surprised when I saw Steve Nash in the crowd

It's just like Where's Waldo! BTW, I found him.

I got him too.

That's actually a great picture for this thread. Some great people watching. Helps that the picture is really big and high quality. You can check out every person and their expression and such. An interesting group of people in that crowd.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

• 6 months later...
326852_10150284505360684_1361946918_o.jpg
On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

After a last second winning goal by Galatasaray :)

20120226.212143_IST511_1771586_0HKT2.jpg

And also Euro 2008 Quarter Finals Turkey-Croatia Tie-Game goal by Turkey and reactions from Turks that lives in New Jersey.

Starts at 2:44 They are getting crazy :D

7995incib9612594.png

Galatasaray

Phoenix Suns

Green Bay Packers

550588_411595942211792_1925614553_n.jpg
On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived