Minnesota Wild equipment fire

PackerBadger

50500225_5F00_18953034.jpg

wild2_5F00_thumb_5F00_4C5D2685.jpg

From the Strib:

Truck fire destroys much of Wild equipment

Posted by Michael Russo

Details are sketchy right now, but the Wild's equipment truck caught fire today destroying much of the Wild's equipment. Here are pictures courtesy of a couple tweeters.

The Wild practiced at the Kanata Rec Center this afternoon in suburban Ottawa. After a short drive back to the Scotiabank place, trainers apparently got out in the parking lot and noticed the back smoky. When they opened up the back of the truck, much of the equipment was on fire.

Firefighters were called to put out the blaze, but much was destroyed. Police are investigating the cause of the fire, but equipment trainers have no clue.

"It was a five-minute drive," said bewildered head equipment trainer Tony DaCosta.

This is obviously unprecedented and the team is in complete scramble mode. Remember, in practice, players use their game gear, just not their normal game sweaters.

Assistant equipment trainer Brent Proulx is rushing back to Minnesota to gather equipment and bring it here tomorrow on a flight leaving 5:30 a.m., but the team is also on the phone with the league to determine what can be done regarding the game.

It is not easy for hockey players to just change equipment, and much of the gear was completely destroyed.

GM Chuck Fletcher emailed me that he's scrambling right now and will be in touch with me in a little bit.

More to come.

Statement from team:

“There was a fire in an equipment van in the parking lot at Scotiabank Place this afternoon. No one was injured, but some of the Minnesota Wild’s hockey equipment was damaged. The Wild is in the process of taking inventory to determine the damage to the equipment. Minnesota is scheduled to play at Ottawa Saturday at 6:00 p.m.”

Packers-2.png

I heard the Milwaukee Bucks plane is being re-routed to bring the equipment manager back with replacement equipment from the team's stash in Minnie.

I'm interested to hear the cause of the fire, seeing as it broke out in the back of the van...

I heard the Milwaukee Bucks plane is being re-routed to bring the equipment manager back with replacement equipment from the team's stash in Minnie.

I'm interested to hear the cause of the fire, seeing as it broke out in the back of the van...

It's especially strange seeing as they'd just driven the van shortly before the fire broke out.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

i wonder if there will be a fire sell on the equipment.

they should auction the gear off and give the money to some kind a local fire department.

Who would want to buy burnt, useless, hockey equipment?

Some players go their entire career with the same equipment, hopefully nobody's "lucky jockstrap" was damaged.

Well....

:P Flames 4 Wild 0

....apparently it was :P

WIld fans. It would sell, guaranteed.

They might wonder why the hell they bought it two years later, but it would sell.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

They might wonder why the hell they bought it two years later, but it would sell.

I would want the burnt out mask, but that's about it. Then again, I could take any mask, throw it in the campfire and say it was Backstroms's...hmmm

The fire was in van, so the source of the fire was fuel (gasoline or diesel). That stuff is probably carcinogetic now, especially anything plastic or vinyl.

The fire was in van, so the source of the fire was fuel (gasoline or diesel). That stuff is probably carcinogetic now, especially anything plastic or vinyl.

The source of the fire seems to have been a propane torch used to work on sticks.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

It actually turned out to be an accident? Wow. I would have put a healthy sum of money on a bet saying it was arson committed by a rival fan. Glad I was wrong.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

i wonder if there will be a fire sell on the equipment.

they should auction the gear off and give the money to some kind a local fire department.

What equipment? The charred remains of plastic that will be of no good to anybody? Or are you just looking to pick up cheap goalie gear?

Did you even read this thread before posting?

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Archived