NFL 2010-2011

bowld

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the Jets, how about:

BB262.jpg

I dislike it. The two-tone helmet really doesn't work as well as advertised, and that logo is the worst the team has had as long as they've been the Jets.

What's funny is that how it's the only actual jet logo the Jets have ever had.

For the Jets, how about:

BB262.jpg

I assume "Jay Jay the Jet Plane" would become the team mascot.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

For the Jets, how about:

BB262.jpg

I dislike it. The two-tone helmet really doesn't work as well as advertised, and that logo is the worst the team has had as long as they've been the Jets.

What's funny is that how it's the only actual jet logo the Jets have ever had.

The 80's wordmark logo had a jet-like shape taking off.

Besides, as was covered before, in a market like New York you don't need to emphasis the team nickname. Which is why the current oval/NY alternate would make for a fantastic primary. It pays homage to the classic mark, without all the clutter.

Aside from my personal dislike of the jet logo design, it just seems to "kidy" for a major league team in the top media market in the top league in the country.

I'm pretty sure I've posted this 19 or 20 times (not all in this thread) - the oval NY is imo the perfect helmet logo for the Jets.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I'm pretty sure I've posted this 19 or 20 times (not all in this thread) - the oval NY is imo the perfect helmet logo for the Jets.

I disagree if only for the fact that you'd then have both New York teams with a simple NY on their helmets (and they both play in New Jersey). Lame.

Either use this, maybe with some kind of update...

937.gif

...or remove the 'NY' from the current helmet logo and enlarge the 'Jets'. That would unclutter it.

New-York-Jets-Logo.gif

How about something like this, the jets in silhouette (black or dark green, no markings or anything) with the smoke wrapping around from the back of the helmet similar to the Seahawks' helmet logo? Wish I had skillz like some of you guys, I'd do a concept. B)

300px-Blue_angels_diamond_2.jpg

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

I disagree if only for the fact that you'd then have both New York teams with a simple NY on their helmets (and they both play in New Jersey). Lame.

Come on... I know you're better than this.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Than what? I offered alternatives. Wait, I have an idea for whoever lands in Los Angeles. :P

helmet-express.gif

And here's a two-fer - what sleeves AND shoulder stripes are supposed to look like!

2157141.jpg

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

That's why I like it, actually. Both teams would be promoting the market first, yet the NYs would be totally different. It would look great. Sort of like a football version of the Yankees' and Mets' different takes on the NY logo.

Than what? I offered alternatives.

Than someone who makes the absurd "but they play in New Jersey they should be the New Jersey Giants" posts.

too phallic

I don't understand why the phallicism of a given logo must always be pointed out like this. Nearly everything can be construed as (and in most cases, actually is) some sort of phallic symbol. Humans dig them, and therefore they shouldn't make people as uncomfortable as they do. That said, the jet logo doesn't strike me as being very phallic.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived