2009 NFL Playoffs

Cujo

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The best sign I saw at tonight's game:

"I've waited 13 years for a playoff win and I'm only 10 years old." :D

Aside from the 76-yard mistake to Maclin, I didn't see too many chinks in Dallas' armor. Penalties need to go down, though. Plus the secondary has to improve even more to hold down Favre and Co. However, the last time Dallas beat Philly in the playoffs, they won Super Bowl XXX (score for all those curious: 30-11).

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

The best sign I saw at tonight's game:

"I've waited 13 years for a playoff win and I'm only 10 years old." :D

Aside from the 76-yard mistake to Maclin, I didn't see too many chinks in Dallas' armor. Penalties need to go down, though. Plus the secondary has to improve even more to hold down Favre and Co. However, the last time Dallas beat Philly in the playoffs, they won Super Bowl XXX (score for all those curious: 30-11).

Andy Reid really does not really want to run the ball, period.

The Wade "Challenge" if that INT was the key play. PHI would have gotten a turnover and would have at least had Akers given them the lead. DAL went on to score 27 straight points. Romo is not "Tim Tebow" in terms of promises, but he really has matured and apparently knows his team and how to make his offense control the ball. It really seems that there are less distractions now in that locker roon.

I think what a lot of teams forget is that all you really need per play is 4 yards. You don't always need that 50-yard bomb *looks at DeSean Jackson*.

That's what has helped this Cowboys team more than anything: if the defense gives it, TAKE IT.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Shane Graham is public enemy number one in the Queen's City.

McCarthy must be puking right now.

Close. I'm just not meant to be happy when it comes to sports. These Ohio teams are going to be the death of me one day.

The Bengals had a great year (for the Bengals) and I never would've expected them to make the playoffs prior to this season after going 4-11-1 last year, but this still hurts. If they had made those field goals then things may have turned out differently today, but it shouldn't have come to that. The Bengals shut down the Jets running offense and their stupid wildcat. They looked good early, but weren't able to maintain that level throughout the game. I don't have an excuse like I did in 2005. They just got beat today and it sucks.

The good news is that Cincinnati has a football team that is set up to win. The Steelers are fading, the Ravens are the same as ever and the Browns are as Brownsy as ever. Sweeping and winning the division was something that I never expected. So I got to watch an exciting football team for once. I'm going to think about this until next september, but the Bengals have an exciting future. Antwan Odom is coming back, Rey Maualuga is coming back, they'll have tight ends next year and Palmer will have a healthy left hand so play action will work again. The Bengals had a bunch of injury problems this year and still performed splendidly. I'd like to see what happens when they don't have injury problems. They'll likely beef up the offense in the offseason too. I hope they maintain this momentum and carry this over into the 2010 season. They have the infrastructure set up to win in the NFL. I think they'll be good for the next few years. So, at least I got that thought to tide me over.

can you guys explain the feeling when your team wins a playoff game? I still don't know.

Me being a Cincinnati Bearcats fan as well as a Bengals fan, I would love to see Mardy Gilyard in a Bengals uniform. What do Bengals fans up north think of that?

Congrats to the Cowboys on thier first playoff win in 4,760 days :lol:

I think you are a day off. BaDD Radio (KTCK 1310AM) kept a clock and it was 4761 from their clock and listed it on air today. Then again, you are from CTL when the glory days ended in terms of the playoff. Heck, I remember the Halloween game in 1999 when I know the Cowboys era was over when they lost to the Colts when Deion brought a punt back!

Watching the Jets game tonight, does anybody else get the vibe that this team is built like the Ravens of last year? Lots of Defense, Running, and making sure your QB doesn't lose the game for you.

Yes, I noticed that. They even have that 2 RB combo like the Ravens with Green and Jones. And Sanchez seemed to be on the mark tonight completing 80 % of his passes last time I checked.

Does anyone still question why Eagles fans want McNabb to be not only gone... but long gone? Seriously?

Here's hoping the mope has played his last game in midnight green. He's simply a weak person, and will never win anything.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Seriously... watching one of his press conferences right now. This guy needs to die go.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Shane Graham is public enemy number one in the Queen's City.

McCarthy must be puking right now.

Close. I'm just not meant to be happy when it comes to sports. These Ohio teams are going to be the death of me one day.

The Bengals had a great year (for the Bengals) and I never would've expected them to make the playoffs prior to this season after going 4-11-1 last year, but this still hurts. If they had made those field goals then things may have turned out differently today, but it shouldn't have come to that. The Bengals shut down the Jets running offense and their stupid wildcat. They looked good early, but weren't able to maintain that level throughout the game. I don't have an excuse like I did in 2005. They just got beat today and it sucks.

The good news is that Cincinnati has a football team that is set up to win. The Steelers are fading, the Ravens are the same as ever and the Browns are as Brownsy as ever. Sweeping and winning the division was something that I never expected. So I got to watch an exciting football team for once. I'm going to think about this until next september, but the Bengals have an exciting future. Antwan Odom is coming back, Rey Maualuga is coming back, they'll have tight ends next year and Palmer will have a healthy left hand so play action will work again. The Bengals had a bunch of injury problems this year and still performed splendidly. I'd like to see what happens when they don't have injury problems. They'll likely beef up the offense in the offseason too. I hope they maintain this momentum and carry this over into the 2010 season. They have the infrastructure set up to win in the NFL. I think they'll be good for the next few years. So, at least I got that thought to tide me over.

can you guys explain the feeling when your team wins a playoff game? I still don't know.

Me being a Cincinnati Bearcats fan as well as a Bengals fan, I would love to see Mardy Gilyard in a Bengals uniform. What do Bengals fans up north think of that?

I'd be okay with Mardy Gilyard being apart of the offense. He is nasty at UC and the Bengals need some playmakers on offense.

PvO6ZWJ.png

If I were the Saints or Vikings, I would be praying that I don't wind up playing the Dallas Cowboys next weekend.

The Saints couldn't play Dallas next week if they wanted to because of the seeding. But taking your point further, if Dallas beats the Vikes, I'm still optimistic about the Saints' chances. Why? Because as disappointing as the Saints were the last three weeks, the loss to Dallas is the one that concerned me the least. The Bucs game? Okay, WTF was that? But the Carolina game was a throwaway, and against Dallas, the Saints' D was missing several starters who will be back for the playoffs. Dallas was fired up because of all the 'fold in December' talk and the Saints had little to play for.

All in all, it was the perfect storm (sorry, that's an overused phrase) and the Cowboys still only won by 7 in a game that wasn't decided until the final seconds. This time, it's the Saints who have been hearing all the criticism, which frankly astounds me. They're 13-3 for crying out loud and the Colts ended the season basically the same way but I'm not hearing a lot of talk about the Colts being overrated blah blah blah. I really think that whoever visits New Orleans is going to run into the same team that blew up the Patriots on MNF, not the one that p***ed itself against the Bucs.

Besides, if Dallas goes to the Superdome and beats the Saints twice, they deserve to go to the Super Bowl and the Saints don't. It's that simple.

Turning to yesterday's games, Carson Palmer was horrible. Even when he had time, his throws were way, way off. If I were a Bengals fan, that would concern me very much. As for the Cowboys, wow, the Eagles' D was terrible but they seem to have a lot of injuries. And when they got pressure on Romo, he made an awful decision that almost cost them big time.

I'm looking forward to Dallas-Minnesota. Should be a good game.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Seriously... watching one of his press conferences right now. This guy needs to die go.

Be careful what you wish for, homey. Although, I really hope you get your wish. I look forward to Philly sucking for years to come. :P

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Forgot to mention...I wouldn't mind matchups against the Pack and Vikes the next two weeks since the Saints have an edge on defense when it comes to NFC North opponents:

darren-sharper.jpg

Darren Sharper is very familiar with both teams in general and Fav-ruh and Rodgers in particular.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Archived