2009 NFL Playoffs

Cujo

Seriously... watching one of his press conferences right now. This guy needs to die go.

Be careful what you wish for, homey. Although, I really hope you get your wish. I look forward to Philly sucking for years to come. :P

This is what I don't understand - I'm not sure how the rest of the world can watch this team and somehow think that McNabb is the key and is irreplaceable.

It's nice knowing that every season, the Eagles don't really have many insignificant games. Unlike some teams, their season isn't effectively over by week 6. We get to watch 10 or 11 wins every year, and usually a playoff win or two. But after a while, you start to realize that you've read this book before, and you know how the story ends. That's why nobody cares about winning seasons or playoff wins, because it's all a big tease. We know how far McNabb can go. Despite the national media and non-local fans wanting to accept him into their waiting mouths for some reason, he is simply not a winner, and has done nothing at all in his career to show that he is. In fact, he has all of the qualities of a total loser. He has a bad attitude, is a poor leader, doesn't have the support of his team, throws teammates under the bus, is a horrible passer, throws up in key situations, can't handle stress, etc. He's done. He needs a change of scenery, and so do the Eagles. Of course I've said that every offseason since the SB in '04.

Let the Kevin Kolb era begin. If they go 5-11 so be it. With McNabb, we know where the ceiling is. With Kolb, it might be lower, but we don't know. As long as we don't know, we can fool ourselves into believing that it's high.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think McNabb is irreplaceable. No player is irreplaceable...well, maybe Peyton Manning, but I digress.

I'm a 'Skins fan, I don't care who the Eagles QB is, I want them to suck. Kolb will help that along much more than McNabb, so please, please, PLEASE make the change.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Thanks for stopping by Eagles, but we must say good bye, we do some nice gifts for you.

parting-gifts-parting-gifts-bob-barker-price-is-right-showca-demotivational-poster-1238793638.jpg

Are you going to just copy and paste that while replacing the losing team for every playoff game?

Please keep at it. It DEFINITELY is getting funnier each time.

Especially since your Dolphins had such a strong playoff showing.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

I don't think McNabb is irreplaceable. No player is irreplaceable...well, maybe Peyton Manning, but I digress.

I'm a 'Skins fan, I don't care who the Eagles QB is, I want them to suck. Kolb will help that along much more than McNabb, so please, please, PLEASE make the change.

This is what I don't get - why does so much of the Eagles success get credited to McNabb? The team ran better under AJ Feeley and Jeff Garcia than McNabb (though I would never suggest that Feeley would have been a good long term option.) They were HORRIBLE under Mike McMahon, but the entire offense was on IR that year anyway. I don't see how McNabb is so important that there would be a big drop off if you placed any other relatively competent QB in there. I hope Keven Kolb is relatively competent!

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

My succinct take on McNabb:

He's taken so much unnecessary crap over the years that it's not even close to being funny. He's a damn good quarterback.

He may not be able to carry them anymore at this point in his career and it's probably time to move on just for the sake of moving on though. And that's the shame of it all...it shouldn't've come to this.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

The only unnecessary crap he took was when he got booed at the draft. That was stupid (even though it wasn't really him getting booed, but it's certainly understandable that he holds a grudge about that.)

Everything else he brought on himself, usually by his stupid comments and poor performances in clutch situations. I really don't think any McNabb criticism is unnecessary. Again though, as with any team in any sport, you have to realize that home town fans are going to be a little tougher, because we see all of the interviews and pressers, and scrutinize the team much more than any non-interested party. It works the other way too - mediocre players can be made into local legends.

Yesterday had a whole deja vu feeling in my mind. The only exception is that Cincinnati decided to put up a fight against the Jets, but it wasn't enough.

As for McNabb: BBTV has a great point. Every bit of criticism McNabb has dealt with has been, in one way or another, brought on by his own actions (Remember last season and how he didn't know a game can end in a tie after the Eagles and Bengals played to a tie?). It also makes sense because the fanbase and the home town fans are always be a little harsher because they get everything that goes on in the city.

Now, should McNabb leave? I don't know. If Kolb can somehow be the same player that threw for nearly 350-400 yards a game when McNabb went down, then the Eagles shouldn't worry too much. If Kolb somehow regresses, then it might be time to panic in Philly because I'm sure that Brian Westbrook and LeSean McCoy can't carry this team on their backs by themselves.

This is what I don't get - why does so much of the Eagles success get credited to McNabb? The team ran better under AJ Feeley and Jeff Garcia than McNabb (though I would never suggest that Feeley would have been a good long term option.) They were HORRIBLE under Mike McMahon, but the entire offense was on IR that year anyway. I don't see how McNabb is so important that there would be a big drop off if you placed any other relatively competent QB in there. I hope Keven Kolb is relatively competent!

Um, because he was the one leading the team to the success. You want to put all the bad on him, he's gotta get some of the good, too. Can't have it both ways.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I guess I was right when I said "Same old Bungles!!! :shocked: " after their loss to the Raiders back in November. (bow)

Same old Bungles!!! :shocked:

Just like I said before!!! (dance)

Cleveland: We take joy in the sorrows of others. Because...you know....we're the only organization in our division that has never played in a Super Bowl. :rolleyes:

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Seriously... watching one of his press conferences right now. This guy needs to die go.

Be careful what you wish for, homey. Although, I really hope you get your wish. I look forward to Philly sucking for years to come. :P

Prediction if Philly cuts McNabb he ends up in DC and haunts the Eagles for the next few years.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I guess I was right when I said "Same old Bungles!!! :shocked: " after their loss to the Raiders back in November. (bow)

Cleveland: We take joy in the sorrows of others. Because...you know....we're the only organization in our division that has never played in a Super Bowl. :rolleyes:

And who will you root for when the Rams move?

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

Yesterday had a whole deja vu feeling in my mind. The only exception is that Cincinnati decided to put up a fight against the Jets, but it wasn't enough.

As for McNabb: BBTV has a great point. Every bit of criticism McNabb has dealt with has been, in one way or another, brought on by his own actions (Remember last season and how he didn't know a game can end in a tie after the Eagles and Bengals played to a tie?). It also makes sense because the fanbase and the home town fans are always be a little harsher because they get everything that goes on in the city.

Now, should McNabb leave? I don't know. If Kolb can somehow be the same player that threw for nearly 350-400 yards a game when McNabb went down, then the Eagles shouldn't worry too much. If Kolb somehow regresses, then it might be time to panic in Philly because I'm sure that Brian Westbrook and LeSean McCoy can't carry this team on their backs by themselves.

Westbrook is probably done. Not just with the Eagles, but possibly for good. They didn't pick up his "secret" option this season, so I believe he's going to be a UFA, and it's highly unlikely that they'll bring him back. Hopefully they bring back Weaver, and go with a McCoy / Weaver mix next year (and hopeully McCoy learns the blocking schemes by then), but it would be nice to get a third guy in there too.

Also, Kolb's numbers this year were a little deceiving, because he was playing from so far behind against the Saints, and also facing a horrible KC team. However, since Andy Reid isn't going anywhere anytime soon, and we're stuck with his offensive scheme, Kolb is much more suited to run it than McNabb (or anyone else who's available.)

Um, because he was the one leading the team to the success. You want to put all the bad on him, he's gotta get some of the good, too. Can't have it both ways.

That's fair, except that I don't put all the bad on him. I put a lot of it on the coach. Probably as much on him as McNabb.

McNabb is certainly not a horrible QB, and when he's "on", he's very good. I'm not some ridiculous "fire omar!!!" fan here, I do recognize what he can do, and what he's done. Hell - in 2001, they won 11 games, probably 10 of them single handedly because of him (back when he could run.) But when he's bad, he's not just bad - he's horrible. He also just doesn't have the leadership qualities that a QB needs.

On McNabb...

I still don't agree with BBTV, I think he's a damn good quarterback. Maybe he does have trouble finishing when it matters (that's what she said), but you're going to have a hard time convincing me that a quarterback who gets 10+ wins a season and regularly makes the playoffs in the National Football League is a bad quarterback.

Also, I still don't see how the TO thing was his fault. Yes, TO was (and still in, in my opinion) a hell of a receiver, but during the Philly period of his career his Team Cancer rating was through the roof. Sorry, but I have to come down on McNabb's side when TO pulled the "if we had Brett Farve...." thing. He through McNabb under the bus.

All that being said, I think McNabb does need a change in scenery. It's not happening in Philly, and if he went to right team I think it would benefit both parties. Maybe the Mike Shanahan-lead Redskins team would be the right fit.

Except that TO wasn't a cancer here (at least the first year.) His teammates loved him. The only one who didn't was McNabb, because he was jealous of another star player taking his spotlight and getting a louder ovation from the fans. McNabb was the one who tried to divide the locker room, and it's no surprise that the real team leaders at the time (Jeremiah Trotter, Brian Dawkins) sided with TO.

TO only became a problem to the actual team (the players I mean - he was always a problem to management) once he started acting up during the '05 preseason. Even then, McNabb could have stepped up and put things back together if he wanted to, but he wanted TO gone. Again, the actual guys on the field (at least the ones who spoke up) sided with TO.

Except that TO wasn't a cancer here (at least the first year.) His teammates loved him. The only one who didn't was McNabb, because he was jealous of another star player taking his spotlight and getting a louder ovation from the fans. McNabb was the one who tried to divide the locker room, and it's no surprise that the real team leaders at the time (Jeremiah Trotter, Brian Dawkins) sided with TO.

How much of that was fulled by "we want TO" though? A lot of people are willing to put up with a lot of crap from a guy if he can produce.

TO only became a problem to the actual team (the players I mean - he was always a problem to management) once he started acting up during the '05 preseason. Even then, McNabb could have stepped up and put things back together if he wanted to, but he wanted TO gone. Again, the actual guys on the field (at least the ones who spoke up) sided with TO.

So TO's response to McNabb's "jealousy" was to become a terrible teammate and act like a spoilt child? I'm not seeing how this clears him. If I were a QB and my top receiver pulled that "If we had Brett Farve...." line after a loss I'd want him gone to.

I'm not sure what you think you missed out on with Terrel Owens. He's a great talent, but be it San Francisco, Philly, or Dallas his attitude has caused more problems then his on-field performance has solved. And now that he's actually trying to reform he's stuck in Buffalo.

And who will you root for when the Rams move?

Gee, that's a hard one. Let me think.....

The Rams.

( :rolleyes: )

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

So true. Cleveland fans got nothing else to do except root against divisional opponents in the playoffs. Enjoy last place losers, you'll be there awhile. I'll take a first round playoff defeat over 5-11 any year.

PvO6ZWJ.png

So true. Cleveland fans got nothing else to do except root against divisional opponents in the playoffs. Enjoy last place losers, you'll be there awhile. I'll take a first round playoff defeat over 5-11 any year.

You both realize that those two do not represent all Cleveland Browns fans right? I thought The Bengals had a great season. I'm a little surprised they lost to The Jets at home. The only problem I have with your team McCarthy is their uniforms. :D

BB52Big.jpg

Archived