Baltimore Ravens ReBrand

The Fixer

Ok, So here is my idea for a Ravens Re brand with a logo i did a little bit ago. It was my first logo with illustrator and the first one i was ever content with. I still need to upload the wordmarks and logo sheet, because that is on another computer but soon I'll get that up.

I darkened the purple a bit, and then added white and kept black. I got rid of the gold. I just think there was too much going on in their current colors and black, dark purple and white are a rich color scheme. No one in their division has a white helmet so I put that. The stripes are like their current stripes and the side of the pants has that too with a re-designed B logo in the middle (have yet to post that logo). Its like the missouri tiger pro combat pants but with too full stripes. http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_9a3d5LI1uDM/SyXpJaqj8aI/AAAAAAAAAwo/9fF8c30k4tM/s400/MU_Pro_Combat_PANT_hiRes1.jpg

I know its controversial but Its just my ideas.

Home:

ravensconce1.png

ravelogo.png

ravehel.png

Away:

ravensaway.png

Alt:

ravensalt.png

thanks to davidson for the templates

I'm really not sold on your logo at all. I think it's far worse than what the Ravens have now. I hate to be so negative, but your logo just strikes me more as an owl than a raven.

Also, logos on football helmets just don't look as good when they face forward rather than to the right or left, "towards the action," you might say. You'll notice that most animal-themed logos in the NFL today tend to face left or right as opposed to directly forward. It's something you might want to consider. You want "motion" in a football logo, to represent the pace of the game.

ravensconce1.png

Is the home jersey supposed to be reminiscent of the Colts? Because for some reason I'm getting that feeling.

I was getting that exact same feeling. I'm not a fan of this at all. The logo doesn't remind me of a raven at all and the color arrangement is way too dark. I'm not sold on the numbers and the uniforms itself are too hard to distinguish. I definitely this concept needs re-branding. Sorry to be negative, but I'm not sold at all.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

- the colors are very dark, you can hardly see the dark shadows on the beak

- the logo is lacking contrast overall

- the white outline around the beak stands out too much and is odd

- the eyes look almost human/devil

My suggestion (when starting any concept) is to focus on the logo as much as possible before you spend time and effort on uniforms. Get some pointers, make some edits, until you feel confident about the logo and THEN dive into the uniform. Often times you can grab certain elements from the logo and implement into uniform design. So at this point, work on the logo and make it appear more like a raven (check actual photos) and try a few different sketches.

I disagree with the subtraction of gold. Jacksonville thought that gold was unneccesary in their uniforms as well. Now their uniforms seem devoid of all life. Bring back the gold because tri-color schemes are rarely done well if at all.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

- the colors are very dark, you can hardly see the dark shadows on the beak

- the logo is lacking contrast overall

- the white outline around the beak stands out too much and is odd

- the eyes look almost human/devil

My suggestion (when starting any concept) is to focus on the logo as much as possible before you spend time and effort on uniforms. Get some pointers, make some edits, until you feel confident about the logo and THEN dive into the uniform. Often times you can grab certain elements from the logo and implement into uniform design. So at this point, work on the logo and make it appear more like a raven (check actual photos) and try a few different sketches.

I agree with this 100%.

Your biggest problem is that you're using a logo that wasn't ever a raven. Try to either adjust the logo so it resembles a Raven more, or start over.

I don't like the elimination of gold because it makes the purple and black kind of muddled.

• 4 years later...

Happened upon this image in a search.

I am a huge Ravens fan, and I have to say, I like this rebrand. I like the numbers--more traditional footbsll font. I like the white helmet. I like the logo.

I agree that the loss of Old Gold is a big one, it would have been nice to see it added in.

Also, you never made it clear whether this uni was a nod to the Colts history and tradition in Baltimore. If so, this was a great nod towards that. Yet, the "B" logo would probably need to be more prominent than just on the pant leg--in the background of the logo on the helmet?

It appears that you never updated this one. Who can blame you with all of these ridiculously negative comments.

Just know that this rebrand is still searchable, and therefore not dead.

Good work.

The problem with the logo is I have no idea what I'm looking at. There's no contrast, the eyes are overly designed (and quite feminine), can't really distinguish the beak, and the shape isn't bird-like. It's like I'm looking at an angry puffy hairball. At some point along the line you have to ask yourself: "Is this something that fits in the NFL?"

CRAP - didn't see this was started five years ago.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived