Charlotte AHL?

pagan696

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you will be very happy with what will happen in the off season. AHL soon in Richmond

In other news, Hell Freezes over, Pigs fly & World Peace has been declared....

Sorry, I don't see the AHL EVER coming back to Richmond. The closest affiliate the last I checked was Washington & they have a really good relationship with Hershey. We will get hockey back but best bet if & when we get it, is the E, which would be fine by me.

baltimoreravens.png

you will be very happy with what will happen in the off season. AHL soon in Richmond

Somehow I think you're either off a letter, missing a letter, or both.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

ok. i will remind you about your comments when it happens

In other news, Hell Freezes over, Pigs fly & World Peace has been declared....

Sorry, I don't see the AHL EVER coming back to Richmond. The closest affiliate the last I checked was Washington & they have a really good relationship with Hershey. We will get hockey back but best bet if & when we get it, is the E, which would be fine by me.

I know the AHL usually has at least one WTF?! move every silly season (see also Bakaford), but even those moves usually have a little more support vis a vis the online rumor mill than one guy who has joined today and only made two posts-both in reference to this.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

You know, I would love to be proven wrong, I really would especially when it comes to the AHL, but you gotta take what Rams80 said, you just started posting & yet where's the proof? Until then, I'll believe it when I see it on my local paper or the news stations or on the websites, Our Sports Central says nothing, same with Into the boards & HFboard. I'll take it with a grain of salt.

baltimoreravens.png

Hey jerkface, don't kick Rockford while it's down. They have Beef-a-Roo! And...Beef-a-Roo!

Actually I was referencing Abbotsford actually going through the B.O.G., but Rockford is also mockable.

Today, we are all otaku.

Bummer. Who'd have ever guessed that North Carolina would poach two hockey teams from east of the Hudson?

Albany is ON the Hudson, on the WEST bank of the Hudson.

So far, the rumors are this:

1. Sound Tigers being bought and relocated to Albany, River Rats return as an Islanders' farm club.

2. Hartford Wolf Pack is relocated due to contempuous lease negotiations

3. Portland Pirates moving to Albany, being a Sabres farm team - this one is being backed by N.Y. Senator Charles Schumer.

I wish the team would not keep the River Rats name and logo. A new team, a new beginning is needed. I've put out there, on local newspaper websites, the name Albany Rogues, with a mastodon logo..In 1866, a mastodon body was discovered 15 or so miles north in Cohoes, the remnants are in the State Museum, which is VERY close to the arena. The Mastodon

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

• 2 weeks later...

How do teams simply move from one league to another? Isn't there affiliations and things to deal with? If one league is a higher level of play than the other, would the team have to lose it's players and get better players? Does the "team" simply mean the name, colors, and uniforms, but new affiliation and new players? Or is it literally the same team just in a new league?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

JQK. That. Is. BEAUTIFUL!!

It just won't seem like the American Hockey League without the Albany River Rats playing. Hell, if it was up to me, St. John's, Saint John, Fredrichton, New Haven and Kentucky would have their AHL teams back! ^_^

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

It just won't seem like the American Hockey League without the Albany River Rats playing. Hell, if it was up to me, St. John's, Saint John, Fredrichton, New Haven and Kentucky would have their AHL teams back! ^_^

Where would they play? The arena was imploded years ago.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Where would they play? The arena was imploded years ago.

It was kind of just a joke. Note: emoticon at end.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Archived