NFL ProCombat

Lights Out

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm back with a new concept, and there will be much howling, gnashing of teeth, and cries of "SACRELIGIOUS!" from Packers fans. With that in mind, my modern update for Titletown:

GREEN BAY PACKERS

pack1.png

I started by noticing that their current logo would fit numbers quite well but did not want to change the helmet logo. Instead, I simply used the idea on the front of the jersey. The change of stripes is completely my idea, formed out of a misunderstanding when looking at the Packers' helmets. However, I think it could make for a strong identity, so I added it to the front of the jersey. In a redefinition of the term "pants striping," the stripe continues down the front left leg of the pants before fading out in a gradient. The TV numbers are just the front logo repeated.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Not to be a dick, but did you actually consider what might look good for the Packers? Or try to think of something they might actually use? You seem to have done that with your other concepts, but here it seems like your only objective was to piss off traditionalists.

And this is from a Packers fan who wishes they would usher in some "Aaron Rodgers era" uniforms.

No, I was not actively trying to piss off traditionalists - in this series, I'm updating all teams, not just the ones that don't have "untouchable classic" status with their uniforms. And also, what's ugly to one Packers fan might look fine for another.

What suggestions would you have to make it "look better for the Packers?"

xLmjWVv.png

No, I was not actively trying to piss off traditionalists - in this series, I'm updating all teams, not just the ones that don't have "untouchable classic" status with their uniforms. And also, what's ugly to one Packers fan might look fine for another.

I kinda agree with illwauk. Your Bears concept did a nice job of updating an "untouchable classic" with an homage to their past looks. This one is my least favorite of the bunch, since it just seems kinda abstractly based on a misunderstanding of the helmet striping. Just my two cents.

I kinda agree with illwauk. Your Bears concept did a nice job of updating an "untouchable classic" with an homage to their past looks. This one is my least favorite of the bunch, since it just seems kinda abstractly based on a misunderstanding of the helmet striping. Just my two cents.

Wrong! It is an homage to a classic...

photo2.jpg

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

These have gotten too NFL Europe for me.

Well it's a "pro combat" series. The college pro combat unis were anything but traditional, so what were you expecting here?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

"Pro Combat" sounds offensive and dumb.

No way dude, football is WAR!!! These men are warriors of the gridiron who go to battle in the trenches every Sunday!!! They're mothe:censored:ing soldiers laying their lives on the line every week!!!

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Wrong! It is an homage to a classic...

photo2.jpg

Really?

"Pro Combat" sounds offensive and dumb.

No way dude, football is WAR!!! These men are warriors of the gridiron who go to battle in the trenches every Sunday!!! They're mothe:censored:ing soldiers laying their lives on the line every week!!!

Click. Clack.

I agree with the GO-Getter, you don't really need the logo. I don't even think the bears have a logo on their uniforms now. And why would it ever have to sell well if the Bears don't wear them for real.

maehl.png

I was gonna suggest something along the lines of those 1929 jerseys, but about the only thing those have in common with yours is that they both contain numbers in a rounded shape.

I'm not trying to discourage you by any means, but it doesn't seem like there's any rhyme or reason to the direction you went in. That wasn't the case with anything you posted until now. By all means, take another crack at it. Or go with another Packers throwback as your basis... might I suggest this...

packers550water.jpg

Or this...

4404199274_c3cc7328ab_b.jpg

• 1 month later...

Jacksonville Jaguars

jaguars1.png

Remember when I said I would use the idea of Hypercolor in a new concept in my Rays thread? This is it. I figured the Jaguars would be the perfect team for this, as they already have the two-tone helmets going on. I figured I would go with a black jersey with a teal color change to match the black helmet with hints of teal. I made some pretty sweeping changes to the overall identity here, as well. I replaced the ugly swoosh stripes on the front of the uniform with straight sleeve stripes. I changed the number font. I moved the TV numbers to the sides of the uniform and added Jaguars logos to the shoulders. I also added a gold stripe to the helmet. And of course, I added the concept of heat-activation.

The idea behind it is, as players get hit or pushed, the uniforms slowly begin to turn teal, and by the end of the game, they are almost fully teal.

NOTE: The blurred teal handprints are NOT an actual part of the design - they are meant to be a demonstration of the Hypercolor-like effect that would happen during the game.

Now, I realize there's probably no way to add this technology to a uniform, but this was really just one of those "wouldn't it be cool if..." moments. Now, feel free to bash it mercilessly, as it's not traditional at all!

xLmjWVv.png

Jacksonville Jaguars

jaguars1.png

Remember when I said I would use the idea of Hypercolor in a new concept in my Rays thread? This is it. I figured the Jaguars would be the perfect team for this, as they already have the two-tone helmets going on. I figured I would go with a black jersey with a teal color change to match the black helmet with hints of teal. I made some pretty sweeping changes to the overall identity here, as well. I replaced the ugly swoosh stripes on the front of the uniform with straight sleeve stripes. I changed the number font. I moved the TV numbers to the sides of the uniform and added Jaguars logos to the shoulders. I also added a gold stripe to the helmet. And of course, I added the concept of heat-activation.

The idea behind it is, as players get hit or pushed, the uniforms slowly begin to turn teal, and by the end of the game, they are almost fully teal.

NOTE: The blurred teal handprints are NOT an actual part of the design - they are meant to be a demonstration of the Hypercolor-like effect that would happen during the game.

Now, I realize there's probably no way to add this technology to a uniform, but this was really just one of those "wouldn't it be cool if..." moments. Now, feel free to bash it mercilessly, as it's not traditional at all!

Yeah cool if you wanna find out first hand exactly where the "big lads" on the team are sweating the most! I never understood the fascination for the whole hyprecolor thing, unless you hit that stuff with a hairdryer it never fully changed and like I said tended just to highlight they hottest (read sweatiest) parts of the wearers anatomy in the most unflattering fashion, and I can imagine in the heat of Jacksonville there would be plenty of bits changing colour without help from defenders hands.

9ersstevesig.png

Archived