NHL 2010-2011

wesdog82

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't go to icethetics because I don't like it. And wowwwwww, you have sources for jerseys before they come out or something. If you feel you're ignored, then don't even bother to post because it really isn't that big of a deal whether you share your information or not because A. it isn't that hard to wait until the actual unveiling of said jerseys and B. someone else on the internet will leak the latest designs anyway.

I have no problem with keeping it from the board as a whole and telling those few members who I see in person the odd time. Like I said earlier, doesn't bother me either way. Honestly, I have told people on here because they like that sort of thing. If they stop caring then I'm fine with that. Let them wait for Icethetics to gather information from other boards or people who decide to share info with them first or they can wait until the end of the summer or next fall to see what is new in the world of the NHL.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I don't go to icethetics because I don't like it. And wowwwwww, you have sources for jerseys before they come out or something. If you feel you're ignored, then don't even bother to post because it really isn't that big of a deal whether you share your information or not because A. it isn't that hard to wait until the actual unveiling of said jerseys and B. someone else on the internet will leak the latest designs anyway.

I have no problem with keeping it from the board as a whole and telling those few members who I see in person the odd time. Like I said earlier, doesn't bother me either way. Honestly, I have told people on here because they like that sort of thing. If they stop caring then I'm fine with that. Let them wait for Icethetics to gather information from other boards or people who decide to share info with them first or they can wait until the end of the summer or next fall to see what is new in the world of the NHL.

Is your life so meaningless that the only thing important to you is being the first to release "insider info"? Why rag on Icethetics? If you don't like the votes or you don't like the concepts then don't visit the site. Clearly you are still visiting the site as you know about the logo voting.

It's pretty pathetic that you need people you will never meet, respecting you and your "leaks" on some free website forum.

So... why is it when I give info few people pay attention when I wind up being correct 95% of the time? Everything on this page I had said pages ago before Icethetics got wind of it.

Seriously, I'll stop sharing what I know if no one really seems to care.

No one seems to remember who showed off the Colorado jersey over 2 months before it became public...

Not trying to throw a hissy fit here, just tired of wasting my time.

I don't know why you're upset about this. So a bunch of people on the internet ignored you when you said something about jerseys or logos or something, big deal.

Its called frustration, one of them crazy human emotions. biggrin.gif

-Dan

He does this every year. He gets access to things, comes on here, and teases everyone and brags that he knows things, then in at least one occasion threatens to not dangle any information if people keep bothering him, etc. There are a lot of "insiders" on this board, but none who are as insecure or as in need of affirmation than NM.

I'm sorry if my job is more important than a message board. I lay out the rules and people play by them to save my own ass.

I only tell people not to pester me with PMs for more info.

By all means, if you'd rather learn about fun news from a website that generally features crummy concepts then I am fine with that. I won't add to this community when it doesn't seem to earn me any sort of respect from most members. Yes I get into petty arguements at times, but unlike most of those I get in a disagreement with, I have a history of 'contributing' to this board. Wouldn't be any skin off my back to cease doing that.

edit

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The LA Kings have announced that they will wear the Black 3rd Jersey for the Playoffs.

That's great news. I love their black alt.

If they decide to go with the Black Alt's full time in the not too distant future (not just the playoffs) I really hope they update their road to match. Mismatched uniform sets are quickly becoming an annoying trend of the RBK era.

The Minnesota Wild have been mismatched for three seasons, the Oilers for two and neither team seems interested in fixing it. Good on the Flyers for breaking that trend.

I realize that we're back on topic, sort of, but if this degenerates into another pity party and/or pissing match, I'm shutting a useful, informative, 14+ page thread down.

Continue, and if any more BS pops up, we're done.

Thank you.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I felt like the Kings had it perfect right before the Edge switch (seems like I could say that about a lot of teams). But I was never a fan of their redesigned crest when purple came back, and the Raiders-inspired look was overrated by its popularity, in my opinion. The crown as the primary looks great and the crest on the third looks forced again. The color scheme is great, but I think it needs purple within the current identity. I'm not a fan of teams using a third that is the same color as a primary, but it seems the trend is here to stay. I could live with GMW's idea of using that color scheme with the crown primary, but I always thought those 2002-07 unis were the perfect combo of old and new.

I felt like the Kings had it perfect right before the Edge switch (seems like I could say that about a lot of teams). But I was never a fan of their redesigned crest when purple came back, and the Raiders-inspired look was overrated by its popularity, in my opinion. The crown as the primary looks great and the crest on the third looks forced again. The color scheme is great, but I think it needs purple within the current identity. I'm not a fan of teams using a third that is the same color as a primary, but it seems the trend is here to stay. I could live with GMW's idea of using that color scheme with the crown primary, but I always thought those 2002-07 unis were the perfect combo of old and new.

I think that the Kings using the Nicholson Lion as a proper tertiary or shoulder logo would be a great idea.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

The King's Pre-Edge jerseys were spectacular. Im not even a fan and I own a Black one. That being said I think they'd look better if they dropped the 'Los Angeles' script on the hem. It would give the jersey more of a connection to the Purple/Yellow, and Silver/Black era's to have simple, uncluttered hem stripes.

Of course this would never work on the Edge template anyways ( Like most great jersey designs of the last two decades )but ideally thats what I would do.

The LA Kings have announced that they will wear the Black 3rd Jersey for the Playoffs.

That's great news. I love their black alt.

If they decide to go with the Black Alt's full time in the not too distant future (not just the playoffs) I really hope they update their road to match. Mismatched uniform sets are quickly becoming an annoying trend of the RBK era.

The Minnesota Wild have been mismatched for three seasons, the Oilers for two and neither team seems interested in fixing it. Good on the Flyers for breaking that trend.

I don't really see the problem with different designs for road and home. It's not like they've got players on the ice wearing the two different jerseys at the same time. The Kings thing is interesting. The canucks wearing the 70's retro for the playoffs preceding the switch to the current jerseys, so seems like a similar thing might be going on.

Also, announcing what you're wearing for the playoffs before you've clinched a spot is probably not the best idea.

So... why is it when I give info few people pay attention when I wind up being correct 95% of the time? Everything on this page I had said pages ago before Icethetics got wind of it.

Seriously, I'll stop sharing what I know if no one really seems to care.

No one seems to remember who showed off the Colorado jersey over 2 months before it became public...

Not trying to throw a hissy fit here, just tired of wasting my time.

I don't know why you're upset about this. So a bunch of people on the internet ignored you when you said something about jerseys or logos or something, big deal.

Its called frustration, one of them crazy human emotions. biggrin.gif

-Dan

He does this every year. He gets access to things, comes on here, and teases everyone and brags that he knows things, then in at least one occasion threatens to not dangle any information if people keep bothering him, etc. There are a lot of "insiders" on this board, but none who are as insecure or as in need of affirmation than NM.

I'm sorry if my job is more important than a message board. I lay out the rules and people play by them to save my own ass.

I only tell people not to pester me with PMs for more info.

By all means, if you'd rather learn about fun news from a website that generally features crummy concepts then I am fine with that. I won't add to this community when it doesn't seem to earn me any sort of respect from most members. Yes I get into petty arguements at times, but unlike most of those I get in a disagreement with, I have a history of 'contributing' to this board. Wouldn't be any skin off my back to cease doing that.

edit

Awwww, man. I'm disappointed you edited your post; it was probably funny seeing as how you've been on fire lately, especially in the realignment thread.

I don't really see the problem with different designs for road and home.

It looks a lot better when there's some sort of cohesive identity going on across all the uniforms. Nobody minds having a stripe here instead of there, but using different crests and color schemes looks silly to me. The Senators were a mess but at least held true to some basic red/black/white thing. There's no explanation for what the Wild are doing. Remember that year that the Ducks wore their traditional white Mighty Ducks jerseys along with those pseudo-Kings black/silver/purple jerseys? That was weird. I think that was supposed to be a transition between the old Disney stuff and the new intimidating beige or something. Anyway it was dumb.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I don't really see the problem with different designs for road and home.

It looks a lot better when there's some sort of cohesive identity going on across all the uniforms. Nobody minds having a stripe here instead of there, but using different crests and color schemes looks silly to me. The Senators were a mess but at least held true to some basic red/black/white thing. There's no explanation for what the Wild are doing. Remember that year that the Ducks wore their traditional white Mighty Ducks jerseys along with those pseudo-Kings black/silver/purple jerseys? That was weird. I think that was supposed to be a transition between the old Disney stuff and the new intimidating beige or something. Anyway it was dumb.

OK, yeah. Radically different colour schemes is something that I would have a problem with, but switching up some jersey design elements, logos, or wordmark instead of a logo seems pretty minor to me.

Archived