NHL 2010-2011

wesdog82

Purely speculation, but my feeling is the pens new 3rd is going to be either navy blue (as opposed to powder blue), or black with a good amount of vegas gold (Like a modernization of the cup-era threads).

oBIgzrL.png

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would also like to add this to the pot. Tampa Bay just released an updated styleguide with the alternate shoulder logo and wordmarks terminated. The wordmark has ben replaced by this.

I should mention that it still includes the stupid "Bolts" mark.

They've used that wordmark for a while, but only time i've seen it is in the outfield at Steinbrenner and Bright House Fields

2IA3b.png

Purely speculation, but my feeling is the pens new 3rd is going to be either navy blue (as opposed to powder blue), or black with a good amount of vegas gold (Like a modernization of the cup-era threads).

I'll see if I can dig up the article but the Pens are going with another powder blue for next season.

I would also like to add this to the pot. Tampa Bay just released an updated styleguide with the alternate shoulder logo and wordmarks terminated. The wordmark has ben replaced by this.

I should mention that it still includes the stupid "Bolts" mark.

They've used that wordmark for a while, but only time i've seen it is in the outfield at Steinbrenner and Bright House Fields

I think the wordmark your thinking of is this?

http://www.sportslogos.net/logo.php?id=p9zar37rr8tt9ongy03jv84nh

I'll see if I can dig up the article but the Pens are going with another powder blue for next season.

You've spiked my interest. I'm kind of hopeful for another throwback, maybe the diagonal PITTSBURGH, but I would like to see something new in powder blue too. The only thing that worries me about a 'new' powder is the possibility of PENS being slapped on the front....this would be not good.

Anybody wonder why the Panthers have a navy and sky blue third? Doesn't make sense to me. They should get rid of it for next season, and always wear their normal home jersey. Even at away games, because those are very pretty.

Oh yeah, many of us wondered. I was just reading the thread of it again this morning:

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?showtopic=70232&st=140

I hope they lose it ASAP and replace it with a red, preferably modeled after the original. I hope no one is buying it.

As far as the navy, it has grown on me only because I've now seen the alternative. The original navy certainly matched the striping of the white better than the red did. I wouldn't mind seeing a red with yellow replacing the white stripes. Not gonna happen, though.

You've spiked my interest. I'm kind of hopeful for another throwback, maybe the diagonal PITTSBURGH, but I would like to see something new in powder blue too. The only thing that worries me about a 'new' powder is the possibility of PENS being slapped on the front....this would be not good.

I dont remember this being the article that I read at the time but it still serves the purpose.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/penguins/s_648635.html

The Penguins are believed to be considering a new alternate uniform for their first season at Consol Energy Center, one that will resemble in design and color the ones they donned before switching to Pittsburgh black and gold colors in early 1980.

The article I remember reading was more definitive saying that another blue jersey for next season was coming.

I honestly think the Pens are going to be going with the white version of their current thirds. Concept pictures of the Penguins team store at the new arena has the whites on display, not the blues.

Diagonal PITTSBURGH works really well for them. I know it's the Rangers "thing", but the word Pittsburgh just looks good when placed on a jersey like that. I loved the original robo-pigeon road jerseys (made famous by Snoop Dogg) and never thought they should have traded them in for the gradient mess that they ended up going with.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Penguins09.png

New Penguins alternate?

my god, that has to be one of the worst 5 logos in pro sports. Every time it's posted, it somehow looks worse.

It is bad, isn't it? Though I still maintain removing a lot of the detail would make it 10x better. I'm not saying that would make the logo good, but it would still be a major improvement....

Predators-09-3rd-M.png

I don't know if this is an improvement or not, but it still looks terrible because of all the emptiness.

What you see as emptiness I see as crispness and a sense of simplicity.

I flipped past the Vancouver Giants/Kamloops blazers game the other day, and while the Blazers edge jersey is kind of a mess, it struck me that their colour scheme might be a good alternative for the Oilers between the 80's and 90's schemes.

I would be happy to see the Penguins go with the navy blue jersey a few posts above. The one with "Pittsburgh" across the chest, not so much. Nothing against wordmarks, I just think they have so many other better looking jerseys to go with.

I really dread the idea of another blue jersey. My favorite rumors have been the ones saying it'll be a yellow or gold version of the current blue jersey. I took the liberty of mocking them up this morning. And while I was at it, I did a slate grey version as well.

4454319801_d2cba9af55_o.png

4455101466_513f0a644a_o.png

4455102176_74bfe53deb_o.png

4114313717_ee13929eec_o.png

Well apparently in the rumor mill on the hockey news app, there is a possibility that we could see a new, rather an old team in the NHL next season. The Ice Edge group that is trying to buy the Coyotes has had their deal fall through and there is a deal in place that this Thompson character from Winnipeg will buy the team and move them to Winnipeg for next season. This is all probably a bunch of bull but for some reason these things bloody rumors keep coming more and more. The other interesting thing I read was that there is a deal for the Preds to sign with, I think is the city of Nashville, to keep them there for at least another 2 years. If they don't sign it, they could move to Kansas City. Also talked about was the Thrashers moving to Seattle and Detroit taking Atlanta's place in the Eastern Conference. I know I'll probably get flack for this because it's been talked about so much, but like I said the talk keeps getting more and more these days.

Well apparently in the rumor mill on the hockey news app, there is a possibility that we could see a new, rather an old team in the NHL next season. The Ice Edge group that is trying to buy the Coyotes has had their deal fall through and there is a deal in place that this Thompson character from Winnipeg will buy the team and move them to Winnipeg for next season. This is all probably a bunch of bull but for some reason these things bloody rumors keep coming more and more. The other interesting thing I read was that there is a deal for the Preds to sign with, I think is the city of Nashville, to keep them there for at least another 2 years. If they don't sign it, they could move to Kansas City. Also talked about was the Thrashers moving to Seattle and Detroit taking Atlanta's place in the Eastern Conference. I know I'll probably get flack for this because it's been talked about so much, but like I said the talk keeps getting more and more these days.

The Predators extension has already been confirmed.

That's 1 down, 2 more rumors to confirm or shoot down. Personally I just can't see Kansas City or even Seattle for that matter supporting a team. Kansas City hosted an exhibition game between the Islanders and I think the Kings and they got just over 10,000 people. I can't see that city ever getting and NHL team again...mind you Atlanta and Minnesota have both come back. Who knows as long as Bettman is running the show.

On a side note, they also said that no where was Balsilie talked about and that southern Ontario won't be getting a team any time soon, in fact, they might also be losing the Bulldogs. Laval has put a proposal down for an 8000 seat arena and the Habs, if they get it their way, want to move the Bulldogs there. Hamilton is really getting screwed these days.

Archived