Brooklyn Nets **UPDATE**

fishheatcats

Love the concept. Although, instead of the red, how about a navy blue accent? I'd think they may want to separate their identity from the lowly NJ Nets. I prefer the version without the red actually.

The script is PERFECT. Don't change a thing about it.

I do wonder how the Brooklyn Dodgers-like "B" being used by a basketball team will be accepted in Brooklyn though, they're still bitter. :D However, it looks great.

87Redskins.png

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay I think this will be my final update on this.

I've dropped the red and instead gone with a dual blue look. I changed the primary color from the Dodger blue to a darker shade. I also dropped the Brooklyn script and reverted back to "Nets" on the road set. The more I looked at it the more I didn't like the Brooklyn script, plus while I like the concept, I don't think it's absolutely necessary for a team to have it's location name on one of it's uniforms. People know where the team is from. It does tread a bit close to the Mavs look but I really like the way it has come out.

I do wonder how the Brooklyn Dodgers-like "B" being used by a basketball team will be accepted in Brooklyn though, they're still bitter. However, it looks great.

While I don't know how the people of Brooklyn feel, personally I would like it. Since the likelihood of MLB baseball returning to the borough is slim to nil, seeing a part of that history revived would be pretty cool. Plus I'd bet they could sell a boatload of caps with either "B" logo on them lol.

brooklynv4.jpg

The newest version is nice. I think the name should be arched and I'd like to see some red put back in... maybe as a stroke around the numbers and script? Other than that I think its a very good concept.

Having said that .. there's two realism aspects that are bothering me. One, the NEts have been leaning toward red latly, and I'm guessing that's because the Knicks sort of own blue in the area. And they aren't moving to Brooklyn only to have Nets on the jerseys. I can almost guarantee that they will have Brooklyn on at least one jersey. Your Brooklyn script looks similar to the New York on the Knicks jerseys, which I'm also guessing will try to be avoided. So I'd bet the real jerseys will be red with a cursive Brooklyn script. HOWEVER I do understand this is a concept so you don't have to go by real life, just something to keep in mind.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

I think black would look good in this uniform. 5 colors are hard to accomplish, but i think it would look nice too. I like the red, i like the double blue. I still think there should be more continuity between the logos. the 2 stars in the B and the 3 in Nets throws me off.

still not sure why James 23 in on the jersey though.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

I think black would look good in this uniform. 5 colors are hard to accomplish, but i think it would look nice too. I like the red, i like the double blue. I still think there should be more continuity between the logos. the 2 stars in the B and the 3 in Nets throws me off.

Because the OP believes there's a chance he'll go somewhere other than Cleveland next year?

Oh, and black'd suck. It's perfect as is. Great job on this.

6fQjS3M.png

Because the OP believes there's a chance he'll go somewhere other than Cleveland next year?

Oh, and black'd suck. It's perfect as is. Great job on this.

I think it's a great concept too. i like the 2 blues, white and gray, but for some reason this morning, black was calling out to me.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

It's nice to see that you returned to using the NETS script on the road. Kudos for trying BROOKLYN out, but it just didn't look as nice. I'm a fan of the Dodgers tribute, and no team in the NBA uses a simple blue and white colour scheme. So with that in mind, the first attempt is still my favourite. The red makes it a little to generic, whith red, white, and blue being a common colour scheme, and the double blue concept has run its course in the NBA.

Other's may not like it, but I could see a secondary jersey that used BKLYN as a word mark. I know traditionalists hate some abbreviations (e.g., PHX) and like others (e.g., PHILA); I think BKLYN could be in the latter. And of course, a shorter word would give you more flexibility with the design without impacting legibility.

EDIT: As for the color scheme: I prefer the basic royal/white/grey look. Very clean; very classy.

• 1 month later...

This is so funny. About a year ago, I created a Nets concept. Using their old school script as inspiration, I created two script wordmarks, one that said 'Nets' and one that said 'New York,' and I put them on blue and grey jerseys. The Nets have to go back to the script. It's a great look.

Regarding the comment about capitalizing 'Nets,' what I did was simply use a lowercase 'n,' but I made it taller, like an uppercase letter. Looked great. I did that to the 'n' and the 'y' in 'New York' as well.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Not sure how I missed this before, but I am absolutely in love with this concept. Very, very well done sir. The colors, script, everything just looks great together.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

This is so funny. About a year ago, I created a Nets concept. Using their old school script as inspiration, I created two script wordmarks, one that said 'Nets' and one that said 'New York,' and I put them on blue and grey jerseys. The Nets have to go back to the script. It's a great look.

Regarding the comment about capitalizing 'Nets,' what I did was simply use a lowercase 'n,' but I made it taller, like an uppercase letter. Looked great. I did that to the 'n' and the 'y' in 'New York' as well.

Could you provide a link to that, please? I'd like to see it.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Could you provide a link to that, please? I'd like to see it.

It was never posted. And it's currently trapped on a hard drive that I can't access. I might try to do it up again, though.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I really like the latest set, even though there's a (now fading) preponderance of blue on blue in the NBA, this set looks unique enough to stand out. My one nitpick would be that the silver could stand to be a hair darker, as it's very hard to make out the lines on the basketball in the 'B' secondary.

Archived