Patriots Logo

rtrich11

The more I looked at the flying Elvis logo, the more I hated it. Especially the “hat”. The old Pat Patriot logo is iconic, but too detailed. I zoomed in on the face from Pat as my inspiration to try to reinterpret the logo.

I used a tattered-looking font for the wordmark to give it a contrast and bring it back to the Revolutionary era.

Not sure if it’s all NFL-ish, but I could maybe see this at a collegiate level, perhaps.

%7Boption%7D

Nice logo. The thing about Pat was, while full of vitality and nostalgia, he always made an awkward helmet logo. The thing about Elvis is, he's terrible in a layout because of his asymmetry, but he looks great on a helmet.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

That's a great, great logo, I'm just not sure I'm liking it as a helmet logo. I lacks the "motion" of the flying Elvis, and many other great helmet designs(Seahawks, Falcons, Bills and so forth). I'd agree it would probably look better on a silver helmet.

I'd like to see this adapted as a crest for the New England Revolution. It's already sort of a shield shape.

Very nice!

Thanks for all your notes. For chuckles I can put this on a silver helmet maybe tonight or tomorrow. I was trying to stay away from silver because when I saw the Pats playing in their throwbacks, the white helmet was so refreshing to see.

I also have a sketch of a modified Elvis, but I put on the tricorn hat and don't trail it off as far. May try to work that up over the next few weeks if I have time.

tom

*clap clap* well played sir. that wordmark is f***ing gorgeous

I'm actually not crazy about the wordmark. A tad too retro for my liking. But what do I know? I'm a writer, not a designer.

Anyway, that logo is really nice. I'd like to see it on a silver/grey helmet. But nice work.

Archived