2010 NCAA Final Four Thread

Cujo

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/tournament/2010/news/story?id=5054479

And we had all this, talk about ratings, and yet it didn't really mean anything. We don't need UCLA, Kentcuky, UNC, or Florida to put up great ratings numbers.

Still means nothing to me though.

ahahahahahahaha!

Well I guess we're no longer in danger of the final four not being televised next year. :rolleyes:

PvO6ZWJ.png

I would love to see Butler win tonight, but I have a sinking feeling that a Butler win would give the NCAA incentive to expand the tourny to 96 teams only to prevent a school like Butler from winning the National Championship.

Tonight's Championship Game prediction:

Top seed and perennial power, Duke, along with the immortal Coach K go into tonight's game seeking title No. 4.... But this is the year of the little guy. Butler has already taken out #1 Syracuse, #2 K-State, and Final Four frequent, Michigan State. On top of that, you can bet that 95% of Lucas Oil Stadium will be heavily behind the ultimate under-'dog'. Tonight, it finally happens....

Final score: Butler 62, Duke 59.

6uXNWAo.png

Every time Butler gets a lead tonight, Duke takes it back with the very next posession-I mean, c'mon Duke, can't you let Butler enjoy their lead FOR ONE MINUTE?!

bYhYmxh.png

Duke ruins another NCAA tournament. Man, that would've been so cool if Heyward had made that jumper or that shot at the end. It'll be awhile before a team like Butler makes it back to the title game.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Holy :censored:, what a game.

My thoughts exactly. I thought one of Heyward's two shots were almost (as much as I hate to say it) destined to go in. That would've been one of the most memorable shots in tournament history. Awesome game nonetheless. Congrats to Duke

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

Did anyone else notice kyle singler get absolutely decked on a completely dirty "screen" at the end before Hayward's last shot. I lol'd. Great game though. Tomorrow at Jon Scheyer's high school should be fun

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Still the little school can't get over that hump but they put on a hell of a show congrats to the Duke Blue Devils putting the cap on an exceptional tournament.

BTW Luther Vandross' version is still much better.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Why didn't Butler call time out with 2 seconds to go? Were they out?

Great game no matter the outcome. Best NC game I've seen since '83. Hooo!

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

Why didn't Butler call time out with 2 seconds to go? Were they out?

Great game no matter the outcome. Best NC game I've seen since '83. Hooo!

Yeah they used the last one trying to get an inbound around the monster Zoubek.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

I have never watched a full NCAA basketball game in my life, but was thoroughly impressed by this game.

IMO I think this is wayyyy better basketball then the NBA ... reminds me a lot of the World Juniors in hockey.

It is a real shame Butler couldn't come out on top. It was fun jumping on that bandwagon :P

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

The game was close, but still sloppy. Butler shoots 34% from the field. Granted, duke was #3 in the nation in Def Efficiency according to the Ken Pom, but Jukes saved them so that they could hand around. Both teams were bad from 3.

11:21 in the 2nd Zoubek picks up his fourth foul in the half. This was in the middle of Butler not scoring a FG for over eight minutes. I have to look at the series of Butler possessions to see how hard they tried to get #5 on him.

Archived