Your favorite scoreboard

BigMac12

Why is the Timberwolves' scoreboard a favorite? Near as I can tell it's pretty boilerplate.

Because he's from Minnesota.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really wish that when they changed Angel Stadium back to a baseball only facility when the Rams left that they would have moved this back into the outfield. If they did, this would easily be at least one of the top 3 or 4 scoreboards in the league. Especially now that they refurbished it. Brand new paint job. New spotlights. New LED message board and a new LED Halo. Now instead of lights spinning around it, the Halo actually glows. It looks soooo amazing.

LIGHT UP THE HALO!

kvsoyg-web.markas.jpg24409_1287971833041_1042530094_30718047_7057770_n.jpgHaloLit20091019.jpg

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Godzillatron in Austin for the Texas Longhorns.

Godzillatron_Closeup.jpg

I see your Godzillatron and raise you a Soonervision. :D But I think UT's is a little bigger IIRC.

IMG_1855.jpg

That view doesn't in any way convey how big it is. It was weird sitting in front of it; felt like if you were shirtless your back would be tan by the end of the game. :wacko:

Since this is only about 1/3 of the board, this view gives a better perspective of the size. Liked the result best of all:

IMG_1885.jpg]

Weird how at some angles you can see the undergrid.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Why is the Timberwolves' scoreboard a favorite? Near as I can tell it's pretty boilerplate.

Because he's from Minnesota.

You know, I couldn't tell you a thing about the Soldier Field/United Center scoreboards, other than presuming that they convey pertinent information regarding points and time. (Wrigley Field, well come on.) I'm going to go out on a limb and say that except for a few obscenely huge videoboards at football stadia, only baseball scoreboards are really interesting, and even then the neo-retro scoreboards all start blending together to me, not unlike the parks themselves.

The Wrigley scoreboard is cool but if I have to watch ESPN take me inside the scoreboard to show me how it works one more time, I'm gonna scream. I love the new Kauffman crownvision but it came with totally utterly ruining the beautiful outfield panorama, mucking it up with luxury boxes and party decks and merry-go-rounds and all that crap. Nuts to them.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

This is my absolute favorite thread! Keep it going!

ChicagoStadiumScoreboard2.jpg

The old scoreboard in Chicago Stadium during a Blackhawks game. To quote the band Chicago, "Does anybody really know what time it is?"

(Anyone have other pics of this? They are hard to come by.)

CK3ZP8E.jpg

Though the scoreboard itself is pretty unremarkable, the sign the Rangers used to have at the Ballpark in Arlington struck me as absolutely hilarious in the age of $100 million contracts. Like yeah, the money's great and all, but I'm gonna smack a 500-foot homer 'cause then I'll win a free suit!

Scan3908.jpg

I do like the metal framing detail and the star on top.

Here's a shot from behind home plate (through the net obviously) to give perspective on where the sign was (at far right). This was taken during an event where fans could shag fly balls and run the bases, that's why all the people are on the field.

Scan3346.jpg

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

2385590819_a1d5704eaf.jpg

2408410776_fc889f53bd.jpg

I'm a sucker for old-school when it comes to these things.

Wonder why that reads 'Welcome to Wrigley Field'?

I think someone photoshopped the wrigley field scoreboard on top of the green monster.

PvO6ZWJ.png

No, they're two separate images which happen to align in such a way that the Wrigley board looks as if it's behind the Green Monster. Took me a second too.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

All of my favorite teams have the best scoreboards in sports. Isn't it weird how that works?

AhN95x8d.jpg

2788797059_fe8b75c458.jpg?v=0

scoreboard.jpg

2893950480_5f18d84200.jpg?v=0

The next one of these threads that someone starts should just jump in with the subject heading, "post your favorite teams' _______________"

PvO6ZWJ.png

Though the scoreboard itself is pretty unremarkable, the sign the Rangers used to have at the Ballpark in Arlington struck me as absolutely hilarious in the age of $100 million contracts. Like yeah, the money's great and all, but I'm gonna smack a 500-foot homer 'cause then I'll win a free suit!

Scan3908.jpg

Here's a shot from behind home plate (through the net obviously) to give perspective on where the sign was (at far right). This was taken during an event where fans could shag fly balls and run the bases, that's why all the people are on the field.

Scan3346.jpg

well they still have the metal framing, but they have replaced the star with a rangers logo.

stars.jpg

dallasmavericks.gif

style1,JBPerry.png

<embed src="http://www.clocklink.com/clocks/5005-Blue.swf?TimeZone=CST&TimeFormat=hhmmssTT" width="180" height="60" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

joshuabperry@sbcglobal.net

My Webpage

I can't really do the *your favorite team's scoreboard* on a count that the Nassau Coliseum scoreboard sucks, the Carrier Dome scoreboard just gets the job done but nothing to write home about, and I'm not sure how the New Meadowlands Stadium scoreboard will work until 2 weeks from now. I do like the Citi Field scoreboard but probably not as much as I did the Shea Stadium scoreboard.

All this being said, 3 pages and no love for this?

04_HSF_scoreboard_45204.jpg

I loved the Ketchup bottles when I was there this past fall

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

This is the one I grew up with:

20d0_1.jpg

An earlier version of Wrigley Field (note Cubs game is at the top)...

cwrig.jpg

Wrigley Field in football configuration:

wrigfbl.jpg

From what I'm told, this is the first scoreboard at a stadium ever, installed in Franklin Field in 1896.

(This is obviously from an Army-Navy Game, but I don't know exactly when)...

franklinoriginal.jpg

CK3ZP8E.jpg

Scan3908.jpg

Scan3346.jpg

I love that scoreboard along with the one in center no matter how old they are. I really hope new management doesn't take them down like I've heard around town. (Rumor is that Greenburg wants to remove all the ads in center and make a huge ribbon going across it). I may be a bit too conservative, but they've already removed the manual scoreboard in left (and don't tell me the automatic one is better; I want to see all the scores at once), so it would be a shame to remove the one in center.

Archived