College Football Uniforms 2010-2011

Brave-Bird 08

I was at almost every game:

Oregon State 2010 Rivalry http://keithr.zenfolio.com/p287565328

Tennessee Tech 2010 Home http://keithr.zenfolio.com/p556336348

Baylor standard purple helmets, 2010 rivalry black top, new black pants, black shoes http://keithr.zenfolio.com/p83767560

SMU 2010 Away

Colorado State 2010 Away

Wyoming 2010 Home http://keithr.zenfolio.com/p1004491321

BYU 2010 rivalry helmet, new pro comabt purple tops, 2010 rivalry pants, white shoes http://keithr.zenfolio.com/p206686266

Air Force 2009 rivalry helmet, 2010 rivalry black top, new black pants, black shoes http://keithr.zenfolio.com/p310790609

UNLV 2010 Away

Utah 2010 Away

San Diego State standard purple helmet, new pro combat purple tops, new white pants, white shoes

New Mexico 2010 Away

Key

2010 Rivalry - new lighter helmet, black tops, new lighter pants, white rivalry shoes

2010 Home - standard purple helmets, new pro combat purple top, new pro combat black pants, black shoes

2010 Away - standard purple helmets, new pro combat white top, new pro combat white pants, white rivalry shoes

Note: TCU will be wearing a new uniform for the bowl. I have heard Oregon may be as well.

Hoo boy, that's gonna be fun to put together. I assume Rivalry is their special 2010 Pro Combat, whereas Home and Away are their new uniforms based on the Pro Combat template, right?

I tried to be as accurate as possible even though most people interchange the terms. "Pro Combat" is the material. "Rivalry" is the design. Every uniform TCU wore this season was Nike Pro Combat. They wore 2010 Nike Pro Combat Rivalry uniforms vs. OSU and then mixed and matched some 2010 and 2009 rivalry stuff in with their new pro combat uniforms. The new home uniforms are the same template as the 2009 rivalry uniforms minus the the frogskin trim and with slightly different color-blocking on the away uniforms.

Yes, I'm aware that they're all the Pro Combat template. I'm asking whether or not it refers to the individual Pro Combats, i.e. the frogskin last year and the one they wore against Oregon State this year.

Again, pro combat isn't a template; it is the type of materials used. Every uniform TCU has worn this season has been pro combat material. Pro combat rivalry are the special designs that only a few select schools got (and, yes, TCU's rivalry is their special uniform from this season that has the frog skin which they wore vs. Oregon State).

Not trying to sounds like a jerk, so my apologies if I have; just trying to be as clear as possible.

Jeff

I disagree.

Pro combat is most definitely the combination of materials and pattern/template as opposed to material only...you could also throw in the flywire as a component of the pro combat jersey as well...I'm pretty sure the materials are often referred to as dri fit or simply cordura nylon

You can disagree all you want, but you'd be wrong. Check the nike team catalog. The jerseys are sold as combat tops and pants. That is what TCU's regular home and away uniforms are (and Virginia's for example). Pro Combat Rilvary is the special exclusive uniforms deisgned by Nike for temas like TCU. Any team can buy nike combat uniforms. Not everyone get's nike combat rivalry unifroms.

There are pro combats that aren't rivalry (Virginia). There are no rivalry uniforms that are not pro combat, so there is a difference.

my point being that the pro combat uniform (including generic and rivalry) has multiple components: fabrics, stitching patterns, cuts etc.

from making templates based on the pro combat uniforms, studying them, and doing a school project on them, i can tell you that the normal pro combat and rivalry pro combat are the same template. same side panels, same mesh areas, same sleeve cuts. the only difference is that nike adds a special unique design to the rivalry uniforms. some of those details include ibis pattern sleeves for miami or tcu's frogskin pants. besides these added stripe, number, and sublimated pattern details, there is no difference between the two(though now you can get ibis,"iron", and frogskin numbers for any team). unless there is something big that i missed there are no real differences besides what i have stated above

maehl.png

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stripes on football sleeves returned today in Corvallis. The stripes are on the sleeves of their undershirts. They look fantastic and it shows that the idea of putting stripes on the undershirts that has been floated around here for years, is actually doable.

If those jerseys had white numbers with an orange outline, this would be my favorite football uniform of 2010.

PvO6ZWJ.png

No pics yet as the game just started, but Oregon State looks FANTASTIC in their pro combats. After seeing them in action, I think they definetely take the title of best pro combats of the year.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

What a bad looking Civil War we have today. The Ducks are wearing the carbon helmets (with white O decal) and the carbon pants. No green or yellow anywhere on the uniform. And the Beavers are wearing their Pro Combat design. Which would be a decent look if it had a helmet decal and the helmet wasn't matte black. But as it is right now it looks very bland and I'm not a fan of the undershirt sleeve stripes.

For two teams that have pretty good looking uniforms (when Oregon wears green and yellow), this is a very big disappointment, uniform wise.

jNTsTyQ.png

Now, if only Oregon rolled out these duds:

84142835.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF8789215ABF3343C02EA548FF9A8A1B2105C09707A2BCD21B68FB46202D494BE18FD046

84142841.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF8789215ABF3343C02EA54892AD8D4F420B96D507A2BCD21B68FB468273E7FBB02BA74B

Then it'd be a great looking game all around. But of course, Oregon has to run with thier ugly carbon-white-carbon set again.

Also, I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but ABC is using the angry Donald Duck logo as its graphic for Oregon (at least when they go to commerical breaks). Anyone know why this is?

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I have to say, the stripes on the OSU undershirts look like crap. They're too far down and every player has them all folded over or scrunched together. Great idea, awful execution.

Eh, I think it depends on the player. Like, it looks great on Katz (especially where he's wearing full long sleeves), but Rodgers has his all rolled up. I get what you're saying though, when they are rolled up or scrunched they look odd. If worn right, however, like how Katz and most of the other players are wearing them, I think they look very good.

EDIT: One more thing I've gotta say, the socks make the uniform for me. I really wish more and more schools wore striped socks of some sort (depending on the school, of course).

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

I hope that the sleeve stripe idea is continued, it's a good idea! Apart from them being too far down the arm, I think the black material is too see-though, so the black doesn't match the black on the jerseys. If it were darker it would look better. Has Oregon ever worn carbon/white/green? I think that would look nice. Not a fan of the grey pants. Does anyone by chance have their combos this whole year?

Also, I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but ABC is using the angry Donald Duck logo as its graphic for Oregon (at least when they go to commerical breaks). Anyone know why this is?

I just flipped to the game, and I see the traditional O, maybe they switched it?

IMO, Oregon State looks like garbage. I never liked their ProCombats when they were debuted, and I don't like them now.

Oregon would look great if the decal was yellow and they had a little more yellow in the jerseys.

New Mexico..............Black (yellow O).......Black (carbon letters, yellow trim)......Grey

Tennessee ................Green (yellow O)......White (green letters, yellow trim).......White

Portland State............Carbon (yellow O).....Green (yellow letters, black trim).......Grey

Arizona State.............Green (yellow O)......White (carbon letters, green trim).......Green

Stanford....................Green (yellow O)......Green (yellow letters, black trim).......Green

Washington State.......Black (yellow O).......White (green letters, yellow trim).......Black

UCLA.........................Black (yellow O).......Yellow (carbon letters, black trim)......Black

USC..........................White (Green O) .......White (carbon letters, green trim).......White

Washington...............Black (yellow O).......Black (carbon letters, yellow trim).......Black

California..................White (green O).........White (green letters, yellow trim).......Green

Arizona....................Green (yellow O)........Green (yellow letters, black trim).......Grey

Oregon State............Carbon (white O)........White(carbon letters, green trim)........Grey

Interesting that they haven't had the same color jersey in 2 consecutive weeks the whole year. They've also used grey pants each time they wear the carbon helmet.

I just flipped to the game, and I see the traditional O, maybe they switched it?

Hmm, I'm not sure. It was only when they went on commercial breaks too, it was really weird. I saw at least three times which they used it, but maybe they did switch it. I was pretty happy to see it though, I've always loved the Donald Duck Oregon logos.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

I think Oregon State looks very good. Someone said how the quarterback is wearing it right. When they wear it like that, it looks great.

And watching the Auburn game. I really wish they'd match the pants stripes to the sleeves and helmet.

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

I loved OSU's Pro Combats. The matte helmet was pretty sweet with the more simpler design. The striped undershirt is a nice compromise with the disappearing sleeves. I thought if the Beaves wanted to put something on the helmet, the curive Beavers script in white alone would have been nice.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

My .02. Oregon doesn't look like Oregon, but we know they have so many combos, so whatever. Oregon State's uniforms look cool from afar, but up close, the undershirts are lame. It looks like they pulled wristbands around their biceps. The logoless helmet is too dated and the flat black paint job looks like they put the primer on, but didn't have time to put the clear-coat finish.

KISSwall09.jpg

Archived