College Football Uniforms 2010-2011

Brave-Bird 08

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Arizona will be wearing navy-navy-white for the Alamo Bowl.

3a07732f.jpg

No helmet stripe?

the blues don't have stripes....they should have gone white shell with blue masks...also that bowl patch looks terrible

Maybe it's the lighting, because I see a white stripe on the helmet.

Arizona will be wearing navy-navy-white for the Alamo Bowl.

3a07732f.jpg

No helmet stripe?

the blues don't have stripes....they should have gone white shell with blue masks...also that bowl patch looks terrible

Maybe it's the lighting, because I see a white stripe on the helmet.

That's definitely the lighting. It's off at an angle and the width is not consistent. Trust me. That picture comes directly from the UA equipment managers' blog, so if there was some new design for the helmet, they would have mentioned it.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Could they not find a better mannequin to put that uniform on? Don't think you're going to get too good an idea of how a college football uniform looks on college football players by modeling it on a mannequin akin to a 12-year-old kid.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Could they not find a better mannequin to put that uniform on? Don't think you're going to get too good an idea of how a college football uniform looks on college football players by modeling it on a mannequin akin to a 12-year-old kid.

Its the kicker's body double

Kid needs it to walk around campus safely.

It's ok Alex Zendejas. ASU loves you haha :P

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

How quickly you guys forget that you're 1-2 in the last three Cup games and he won the game last year. How's it feel to know your team is sitting home for the third straight bowl season?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

How quickly you guys forget that you're 1-2 in the last three Cup games and he won the game last year. How's it feel to know your team is sitting home for the third straight bowl season?

1) This is my first semester at ASU, so the past games don't mean anything to me, really. And justify it however you want, we still won this year.

2) It was a quick joke. I knew you were gonna react serious. Note the "haha" and the " :P ." Chilllll.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

1) This is my first semester at ASU, so the past games don't mean anything to me, really. And justify it however you want, we still won this year.

2) It was a quick joke. I knew you were gonna react serious. Note the "haha" and the " :P ." Chilllll.

Trust me when I say that you're going to learn very quickly just how bitter and angry the rivalry is. You will hate me with every fiber of your being by the time you graduate.

I present Buc's Top 10: the College Football Edition.

I stole your idea Buc, but I decided to go one step further and do the Top 25. I used your "grading system" as the basis of mine as well, except I dropped the category would i buy it. Each of the five categories (Helmet, color balance/usage, fonts, uniqueness and cohesiveness) has a total possible score of 5, so that equals a combined total of 25 "points." I scored every FBS team's primary uniforms (no pro combats or throwbacks or special uniforms) and these are the highest scored teams (according to me). So without further ado......

TalktoChuck's Top 25 College Football Uniforms of 2010

1. Florida State - 23 points

FSU.jpg

2. Arizona State - 22 points

ASU.jpg

3. Florida - 21 points

Florida.jpg

4. Iowa - 21 points

Iowa.jpg

5. Ohio State - 21 points

OhioState.jpg

6. Tulane - 21 points

7. Michigan - 20 points

8. Florida Atlantic - 20 points

9. BYU - 20 points

10. LSU - 20 points

11. West Virginia - 20 points

12. Arizona - 20 points

13. Texas - 20 points

14. SMU - 19 points

15. Georgia - 19 points

16. UConn - 19 points

17. Notre Dame - 19 points

18. Miami (Fl) - 19 points

19. USC - 19 points

20. Wisconsin - 19 points

21. Temple - 19 points

22. Missouri - 19 points

23. Utah - 19 points

24. Hawaii - 19 points

25. Syracuse - 19 points

And now for the bonus 5 Worst College Football Uniforms of 2010.

5. Memphis - 11 points

4. East Carolina - 11 points

3. New Mexico State - 10 points

2. Arkansas State - 9 points

1. Baylor Bears - 7 points

Baylor.jpg

Feel free to discuss/dispute (Even though I doubt most of you care how I rank the FBS uniforms).

jNTsTyQ.png

Rivalry aside, ranking ASU #2 is just stupid. Their use of black trim - when the white trim they used to have looked (and I use this term lightly since the sight of their uniforms makes me want to vomit) "better" - should knock them down quite a bit.

TalktoChuck's Top 25 College Football Uniforms of 2010

4. Iowa - 21 points

Iowa.jpg

I think the current Pittsburgh Steelers uniform with the rounded numbers look better than the current Pittsburgh Steelers of Iowa do.

As this board's resident Tulane fan, I can say this: This is the only time Tulane be ever be ranked above LSU. :grin::cry:

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

2. Arizona State - 22 points

ASU.jpg

2. Arkansas State - 9 points

ArkSt.jpg

Only two I disagree with. Arizona State downgraded their uniforms, and I must say, those Red Wolves look mighty fine to me. B)

TalktoChuck - I'm not a huge Stanford fan by any means, but I'm kind of surprised the Cardinal didn't make the top 25. How high were they on your list? (BTW, I'm talking traditional cardinal red jersey, not hideous BFBS).

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

TalktoChuck - I'm not a huge Stanford fan by any means, but I'm kind of surprised the Cardinal didn't make the top 25. How high were they on your list? (BTW, I'm talking traditional cardinal red jersey, not hideous BFBS).

what sucks about stanford is that their uniforms are an exact copy of alabama's between the neck and ankles...the only difference is are the thickness of the pant stripes, jersey patches and name font...stanford needs to make their jersey more unique in a subtle way then they'd be considered classic

I think the current Pittsburgh Steelers uniform with the rounded numbers look better than the current Pittsburgh Steelers of Iowa do.

As this board's resident Tulane fan, I can say this: This is the only time Tulane be ever be ranked above LSU. :grin::cry:

I prefer Iowa's uniforms to the Steelers because of two very important aspects (and they happen to be the only differences); First, the block numbers that Iowa uses look at lot better than the italicized rounded numbers of the steelers. Second, a logo on both sides of the helmet looks a lot better than a logo on just one side.

Tulane has a great uniform and almost cracked the top 5. They have, possibly, the best color scheme in college football.

what sucks about stanford is that their uniforms are an exact copy of alabama's between the neck and ankles...the only difference is are the thickness of the pant stripes, jersey patches and name font...stanford needs to make their jersey more unique in a subtle way then they'd be considered classic

That was a big thing going against Stanford, uniqueness. It's a plain uniform as it is, add that to the fact that another team uses (with a few subtle changes) the same design and colors and you get a very low uniqueness score. However, Stanford finished with a score of 17 which would put them around the 40-65 range.*

* These scores are purely subjective, as they are based on my likes/dislikes.

jNTsTyQ.png

Does anyone know when Army started wearing the uniforms they were wearing up until this year?

Archived