College Football Uniforms 2010-2011

Brave-Bird 08

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TCU's Rose Bowl Helmet.

If you had "Normal helmet with the Frog holding a rose in its mouth," you would be 100% correct and win the pool.

YES!!! That looks awesome in all honesty, very cool. I'm glad to see this practice make a comeback.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Sorry if this is a dumb ?, but what is up with adding red on TCU's unis?

Your question isn't dumb... a supposedly self-respecting institute of higher learning allowing an outside coporation to run rough-shod over their colors and tradition? Now that is dumb.

woah...take a chill pill man

I like the red, and its on there for a REASON

I'm sorry,

but I have decided I absolutely love the uniforms Michigan State is wearing right now. I never thought I would like those pants, but that uniform just comes together so well.

I agree. All the elements (slightly tapered helmet stripe, shoulder to sleeve stripes, and the truncated pants stripe) work so well together. It's modern without being outrageous. They are really sharp.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I'm sorry,

but I have decided I absolutely love the uniforms Michigan State is wearing right now. I never thought I would like those pants, but that uniform just comes together so well.

I agree. All the elements (slightly tapered helmet stripe, shoulder to sleeve stripes, and the truncated pants stripe) work so well together. It's modern without being outrageous. They are really sharp.

Uniforms .... sharp.

Players wearing them .... not so much.

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

Well I saw the TCU team picture and they were wearing the new BCS jerseys complete with patches, but they had purple pants. I'm thinking that might be the real deal. I'll try to find the picture

165497_188266757854723_161980173816715_756835_4161018_n.jpg

Hmm...that looks pretty neat. With the purple helmet they'll be wearing, it reminds me alot of what Northwestern wore in the 1996 Rose Bowl:

81474605.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF8789215ABF3343C02EA54821E0BC37D7EAE745FAD3D47826D9324A2C4440DFEF733CD8

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Is it me or has UCF placed their Liberty Bowl patch over the Nike swoosh?

I think the Liberty Bowl patch covered an Adidas logo. The pants they wore was Nike and the sideline gear was also Nike.

UCF is a UA school, no Nike, no Adidas.

UCF is a Nike school

C-USA%20CHAMPS.JPG

770Furman_UCF_Basketball.sff.mi_standalone.prod_affiliate.76.jpg

not sure where you guys are getting your information from. They used to be adidas, but were never under armour. USF is UA, but that's a different school obviously.

Wow my bad guys I must have been thinking of USF and not UCF, oops.

As for TCU, I really like the rose logo but I kinda wish they were doing it on the icy whitish grey helmet and not the purple one. I like the purple and black look but it almost seems too dark, I was exited to see the scale pants in action.

I still like the purple jersey with black sleeves and side panels better, but top-to-bottom, this is a fantastic look for TCU. Like knnhrvy said, it's very Barnett-era Northwestern.

I also like that Wisconsin's picked the red pants, rather than the whiteout look. It's a nice-looking game on both sides of the ball.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I unfortunately don't have ESPN where I'm at, so I'm listening to the game on my radio. I've tried to find pics of the game, but nothing's coming up. Anyone know if there are any pics out?

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

7d4f7d0d94d28d3da4e6fc40938a4f49-getty-106049302rr007_rose_bowl_ga.jpg

29a62e947fa12d9b99078f8c95da248b-getty-106049302rr037_rose_bowl_ga.jpg

ap-83f7c27ccaf648c99d58e8f9daca374c.jpg

so the final set is...

standard purple helmet w/ rose bowl decal

pro combat black/black rose bowl top

standard purple pants

pro combat purple socks and rose bowl cleats

i thought the red accents on the cleats would be lost with the standard helmets... but the addition of the rose decal is a nice touch. im biased, but a really good looking game.

sidebar: TCU has to be one of the best traveling small schools out there.

WOW. That is a really great looking matchup. TCU really does have a '96 Northwestern look about 'em today. Thanks for posting!

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

Both teams look great. Wisconsin rarely wears red pants anymore so those are nice to see. The only thing that bothers me is Wisconsin's helmet treatment. It's bugged me for a long time, but I hate how dark the motion W and stripes are on Wisconsin's helmet. The Red doesn't match anything in the rest of the uniform.

PvO6ZWJ.png

jets:

by "standard" i mean, not in the pro combat set. pretty sure those are the same purple pants TCU has worn the past few seasons. definitely the first time theyve worn them this year tho.

the wisconsin helmets have always bothered me too. seems like they are just using shoddy decals. like, theyre too translucent to match the richness of the red on the rest of the uniform.

TCU looked great. It's like they took the only good thing that Nike provided them in the 2011 Pro Combat, said "Thanks, but no thanks." to the crap helmet & pants, & wound up with a really sharp look. For all the bellyaching, TCU wound up trotting out in a really good uni. Provided a great contrast to Wisconsin's look.

TCU's had a solid look all season. They've really done a good job of mixing combos, unlike Oregon who seems like they use a randomizer for every other game.

Archived