College Football Uniforms 2010-2011

Brave-Bird 08

Since I can't find the "BCS Uni's..." thread I'll post it here.

For all the people worried that Oregon's jerseys for the National Championship are bad, I just got mine in the mail, and I have to say, it is sick. I don't know if its like the game authentic jersey, but on mine the wings are noticeably smaller. And the carbon pattern is a bit different.

2ry0jsl.jpg

Fast. Hard. Finish.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's probably because of the weather. Southern California's been getting soaked by rain the past couple of weeks and after the weather we've had, it doesn't matter what kind of cleats you wear. You're gonna slip a lot.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Yeah the cleats were not a problem. Florida was wearing the same cleats against Penn State and no one said a word about that.

People just like to trash Nike for no reason...

Since it was reported on from the sideline by Erin Andrews on ESPN about it being a problem, complete with comments from TCU equipment staff that they wanted to change cleats but didn't bring another option, I'm going to have to go ahead and disagree with you.

Did you watch the game and just miss the lengthy discussion on it?

the grass florida played on was Tifway 419 Bermuda, over seeded with perennial rye grass. the surface at the rose bowl was full rye grass. for the rose bowl game they re-sod the entire field. rye grass is a smaller blade than Bermuda. rye is a wetter grass and tends to "slip" a little more due to its weak roots.

go cocks @@willchitty4

Yeah the cleats were not a problem. Florida was wearing the same cleats against Penn State and no one said a word about that.

Since it was reported on from the sideline by Erin Andrews on ESPN about it being a problem, complete with comments from TCU equipment staff that they wanted to change cleats but didn't bring another option, I'm going to have to go ahead and disagree with you.

Did you watch the game and just miss the lengthy discussion on it?

He's a Nike sycophant, not far removed from being Nike's Baghdad Bob.

THERE IS NO ISSUE WITH THE CLEATS, THE CLEATS ARE WORKING FINE.

Anyways... the Stanford/VT game looks great. I am finding that I really love the orange lids.

Since I can't find the "BCS Uni's..." thread I'll post it here.

For all the people worried that Oregon's jerseys for the National Championship are bad, I just got mine in the mail, and I have to say, it is sick. I don't know if its like the game authentic jersey, but on mine the wings are noticeably smaller. And the carbon pattern is a bit different.

Oregon's jerseys they are using in the championship game are great. I like the addition of bright green, very unique. I think it might look cool to use the same color with a black uniform and helmet.

I'll admit, when I saw that Stanford's endzone was black during the pregame, I thought "oh...:censored:", thinking we'd see the black jersey again, but was very relieved to see the cardinal jerseys when they took the field. Did anybody else freak about the same thing when they saw the endzone?

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Oh, yeah, that's it. Poor Nike... how will they ever survive, being do unpopular and put-upon? :rolleyes:

yeah it's no secret people around here hate Nike. Why? because they do things that are unique and innovative and you can't deal with change very well.

I'll admit, when I saw that Stanford's endzone was black during the pregame, I thought "oh...:censored:", thinking we'd see the black jersey again, but was very relieved to see the cardinal jerseys when they took the field. Did anybody else freak about the same thing when they saw the endzone?

Yep, I was like "Aw hell, not this :censored: again." Good to see they're in their normal white-cardinal-white look.

Virginia Tech just HAD to ruin what could've been a really good looking bowl game with that orange helmet. Dammit, Hokies.

yeah it's no secret people around here hate Nike. Why? because they do things that are unique and innovative and you can't deal with change very well.

Dealing with change and their product causing a disadvantage for one of their teams during a game are two different things.

Evidently the disadvantage wasn't that bad, since, you know, they won.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Oh, yeah, that's it. Poor Nike... how will they ever survive, being do unpopular and put-upon? :rolleyes:

That's it. You got us. Well done.

Tonight VaTech looks alot like Syracuse used to look. meh...

Holy shizz, they do look like Syracuse from a distance. I can't believe I never thought of that.

All in all, VT's look isn't bad, but it's not that great either. The maroon helmet would've been much better. But, it being the Orange Bowl after all, I guess it's sort of fitting.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Hmmm...at first I hated them. Then when I saw them on TV, I hated them at first. Then I started to like them. Now I don't know what to think. VT's white helmet is the best, IMO, especially with maroon/orange/maroon striping. I don't like their maroon helmets, the striping on the orange ones makes me like those more. All in all, I think the Hokies should have stayed away from the orange helmets.

Archived