College Football Uniforms 2010-2011

Brave-Bird 08

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It appears UA makes no qualms about playing copycat. Interesting.

Adidas...you're up.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Someone knows why the NCAA only permit gray gloves???

Because both the NCAA and NHFS (the rules most states use for high school) wanted a standard color which was not the color of the ball and in most every case, the uniform.

When gloves are the same color as uniforms, it is difficult to determine if a hold is occurring. If they are green or a shade of brown, it is harder to determine catch is made close to the ground.

^ Those are legit rules. I kind of like it anyways... or perhaps I have grown accustomed to it, I don't know. The NCAA should just outlaw graphics on the palms since every player is going to get flagged for throwing up the dynasty sign anyways.

Nike definitely does a nicer job of making graphic gloves haha. If I was UA I would just not even try, as it looks very cheaply made on their part like a dollar general-qualty glove.

I think if Oregon had gone with gray socks, it would have looked so much nicer.

^ Those are legit rules. I kind of like it anyways... or perhaps I have grown accustomed to it, I don't know. The NCAA should just outlaw graphics on the palms since every player is going to get flagged for throwing up the dynasty sign anyways.

Nike definitely does a nicer job of making graphic gloves haha. If I was UA I would just not even try, as it looks very cheaply made on their part like a dollar general-qualty glove.

Only in the Big Ten apparently. The other conferences officials haven't flagged the gloves the way the Big Ten has. I guess they know better than to think the players were throwing up gang signs.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Only in the Big Ten apparently. The other conferences officials haven't flagged the gloves the way the Big Ten has. I guess they know better than to think the players were throwing up gang signs.

Rules are only updated every other year. The current rule (1-4-3d) states:

If worn, gloves or hand pads must be gray in color on the back, including

the backs of the fingers. It is strongly recommended that the palms also

be gray; however, black on the palms is acceptable. The recommended

shades of gray are Pantone Cool Gray 8C, Cool Gray 9C, 423C and

430C.

A change could be in place for the 2011-12 season.

Kyle Ringo of the Boulder Daily Camera

Jon Embree says no more white-on-white road uniforms.The players liked them but they're an abomination as far as CU tradition goes. #CUBuffs

17 Dec

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

Kyle Ringo of the Boulder Daily Camera

Jon Embree says no more white-on-white road uniforms.The players liked them but they're an abomination as far as CU tradition goes. #CUBuffs

17 Dec

What are they going to do about the level of play?

Arizona will be wearing navy-navy-white for the Alamo Bowl.

3a07732f.jpg

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Rumor floating around Blacksburg saying this is VT's orange bowl helmet.

My link

I'd honestly rather they wear the black helmet with anything. That is a garish helmet, & that's saying something considering I'm normally 100% behind orange anything.

Archived