2010 Stanley Cup Playoffs

NEW.ERA

Ok for 1000000 Creamer points: Does anyone know the significance of the Winter Classic on the Flyers/Bruins series?

The team that has won the WC has gone on to lose in the SCF, so Boston should get through to the Finals, and then get smashed.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok for 1000000 Creamer points: Does anyone know the significance of the Winter Classic on the Flyers/Bruins series?

The team that has won the WC has gone on to lose in the SCF, so Boston should get through to the Finals, and then get smashed.

Incorrect...focusing on THIS series.

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

Incorrect...focusing on THIS series.

So...it means Boston beats Philly?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

You guys are lame. The Flyers took a 1-0 lead into the final minutes of the Wintee Classic. Boston tied it late amd went on to win it in overtime. If the Flyers hold the lead and win it in regulation, this series opens up in Philly.

very interesting. But King is also right about the winter classic winners going on to lose in the finals. If that two year trend continues then Boston will lose to someone in the finals.

PvO6ZWJ.png

the caps should have rested there players when they got the overall top seed for the playoffs. if they did, i think they would have won.

Nah, they would have still folded like a lawn chair. There is little more I need to add then what RJ Umberger said at the beginning of the month:

"I don't think any team in the West would be overmatched by them," Umberger said. "They play the wrong way. They want to be moving all the time. They float around in their zone, looking for breakaways and odd-man rushes.

"A good defensive team is going to beat them (in the playoffs). If you eliminate your turnovers and keep them off the power play, they're going to get frustrated because they're in their zone a lot."

the caps should have rested there players when they got the overall top seed for the playoffs. if they did, i think they would have won.

Nah, they would have still folded like a lawn chair. There is little more I need to add then what RJ Umberger said at the beginning of the month:

"I don't think any team in the West would be overmatched by them," Umberger said. "They play the wrong way. They want to be moving all the time. They float around in their zone, looking for breakaways and odd-man rushes.

"A good defensive team is going to beat them (in the playoffs). If you eliminate your turnovers and keep them off the power play, they're going to get frustrated because they're in their zone a lot."

I've heard that the Caps have hired RJ Umberger as a consultant effective immediately. :P

The Caps were 1 for 33 on the power play against the Canadiens.

I'm the only Canadiens fan in the whole city of Quilmes BA, Argentina that is very, very happy with the big victory tonight...!!! :flagcanada:

ALLEZ LES HABS... !!! ON SE PEUT, OUI !!!

well im the only Habs fan here in my town i think whtever, am very happy wi this victory too :flagcanada:

¡Que bueno, che! Al menos estamos acompañados por el mismo sentimiento. :hockeysmiley:

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

I'm the only Canadiens fan in the whole city of Quilmes BA, Argentina that is very, very happy with the big victory tonight...!!! :flagcanada:

ALLEZ LES HABS... !!! ON SE PEUT, OUI !!!

well im the only Habs fan here in my town i think whtever, am very happy wi this victory too :flagcanada:

¡Que bueno, che! Al menos estamos acompañados por el mismo sentimiento. :hockeysmiley:

Ninguno de mis amigos creia en el upset,y todos nos daban por muertos saludos desde Guadalajara México :hockeysmiley:

34z0jli.jpg

I would like to remind a certain washington fan of something...

Maz, I'm offering you a challenge:

Which ever team, the Caps or Pens, advances furthest this season, the loser of this competitive agreement has to show their support for their opponents team until the first game of the 2010/2011 regular season in their signature.

If both teams fail to advance to the playoffs, the winner will be determined based on the following:

- total points accumulated in standings. If tied, then:

- number of regulation victories (no shootout). If tied, then:

- head-to-head record against each other. If tied, then:

- goals difference between the four meetings.

This show of support for the rival team can be a moderately sized image or text file, but must be team or player(s) related and not completely inappropriate.

Do you accept?

FWIW, I would have used this if you had won: http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c252/maz1960/Carefulwhatyouwishfor.png

... Maybe we're all better off this way.

And game one is on my birthday. And Im going. Suhweeeeeet.

A bet is a bet, so what ever you have as your signature of choice, let me know and I'll make it my signature till the first regular season game of the 2010 - 2011 season.

Nah, I'll let you choose.

And on an interesting note, when I looked in the old NHL thread to find the above challenge post, I found that before the season began I predicted the pens to face the Habs in the second round, winning in six games.

This prediction stands.

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - 2006  |  New Orleans JazzCats - Major League Hockey (AHL) - 2023

I'm a little late to the party, still in mourning. I didnt think we would win the Cup, but I didnt expect us to lose to Montreal. But I wish them luck the rest of the way, considering theyre playing my most hated of rivals next round.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

oh god no

Though actually, when you consider the stench of choking is so closely tied to Marleau (entire Sharks tenure) and Thornton (Sharks tenure + '02 and '04 B's-Habs chokes), they might be better scratching both and pinning all their hopes on Joe Pavelski.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived