2010 Stanley Cup Playoffs

NEW.ERA

I see what we did there.

That is easily one of the top five greatest games in Flyers history.

And as high as I am on the team now, I'm predicting the Habs in 5.

philly.png

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They need to fire Claude Julien. When a team plays an awesome period, and then comes out flat in the next, that's on the shoulders of the coach. Plain and simple.

Boston now knows what it's like to see one of their teams blow a 3-0 lead. I think the baseball and hockey gods made some sort of deal...

I never make excuses and I hate to sound like a homer, but it's entirely different than the Yankees/Red Sox in '04.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

They need to fire Claude Julien. When a team plays an awesome period, and then comes out flat in the next, that's on the shoulders of the coach. Plain and simple.

Boston now knows what it's like to see one of their teams blow a 3-0 lead. I think the baseball and hockey gods made some sort of deal...

I never make excuses and I hate to sound like a homer, but it's entirely different than the Yankees/Red Sox in '04.

Of course it is. The Bruins play hockey and the Red Sox play baseball.

I saw, I came, I left.

So in the Eastern Conference Finals, we have one team that took down Ovechkin & Crosby & another that just came back from a 3-0 series deficit to advance. One team is an 8 seed, the other is a 7. Welcome to the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Let the fingerpointing begin in Boston... Who's going to shoulder the blame for this meltdown of epic proportions?

As for Philly, this was a team that was barely in the playoffs to begin with. Now, they're going to play Montreal for the right to be the Eastern Conference champion and the holders of the Prince of Wales Trophy.

Funny how getting hot at the right time can propel a time to nearly unfathomable heights.

So in the Eastern Conference Finals, we have one team that took down Ovechkin & Crosby & another that just came back from a 3-0 series deficit to advance. One team is an 8 seed, the other is a 7. Welcome to the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

... and I thought it was the NBA where amazing happens ^_^

I saw, I came, I left.

There is nothing better in sports than the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Anyone that says otherwise can get into a brawl with me in the alley.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

The 2 lowest seeds ever to play in a Conference Finals, the 7-seed Philadelphia Flyers against the 8-seed Montreal Canadiens for the Prince of Wales Trophy on Sunday Night @ 7pm EDT.

qvxym9f.png
Many thanks to Discrimihater for making the sig.

... and I thought it was the NBA where amazing happens ^_^

:lol: POTD perhaps??

qvxym9f.png
Many thanks to Discrimihater for making the sig.

I'm sorry, but I'm reading that, and all I can think of is

Fire Omar!

philly.png

I think he was thinking more in terms of one team was winning and one team was losing the series. That or 1972 is something which a poster here could have seen (even Brass) in terms of a title. 1918 really wasn't seen by nearly all of us.

You know what, it's really okay. Un-freakin'-believable, but okay. It wasn't a lack of effort, it was a lack of competence and talent. I didn't think they would actually blow it but really, how much could we expect going forward? Games 5 and 6 showed you the true offensive capabilities of this Bruins team, especially without Krejci. It's a team that has been decimated by injuries and other bull :censored: all year and hasn't always played through it. It really is a two-faced team, and for the last 4 games we saw the bad one. I wouldn't expect them to beat Montreal without Krejci anyway. Tonight, this team completely deserves to get their asses booed the hell off of the ice because they choked harder than John Madden on Brett Favre's dick. But after all is said and done, last year's exit hurt much worse -- for the suddenness, the expectations, the entire year leading up to that point. And in a month and a half, there will be an extremely talented young player coming to Boston for nothing except a stolen #2 draft pick. I'm grateful for the ride this team gave us in the playoffs, and if the effort in Games 4-7 was what they were going to put up against Montreal, might as well just cut your losses. The future remains bright.

Still sucks, still can't 100% believe it, but it's alright. It's gonna be alright.

I'm sorry, but I'm reading that, and all I can think of is

Fire Omar!

Well, that's what I was hoping to avoid. I don't think I've really displayed myself has a Tank-type character when it comes to sports. You have to put most of the blame on the coach, though, for the reasons I stated. It's his responsibility to keep his players focused and fresh in between periods.

I think he was thinking more in terms of one team was winning and one team was losing the series. That or 1972 is something which a poster here could have seen (even Brass) in terms of a title. 1918 really wasn't seen by nearly all of us.

Like I said, I never make excuses, and quite frankly I hate making them, but when two of your top offensive players are injured during this series, you gotta factor that in. Krejci more than Sturm. He brings energy to whatever line he's on. Sturm usually just gets garbage goals, but those are still goals. IMO, it's like the Yankees not having Sheffield, Giambi or Jeter in their '04 lineup, as far as productivity in the lineup.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

You know "crapshoot" doesn't begin to describe these playoffs anymore. Although aren't San Jose and Chicago the #1 and #2 seeds in the West? What the :censored: hockey gods?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived