Changes coming to Washington Wizards?

gueman

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got this...

"Dear Caps Fan,

By now you have probably heard the news that my partners and I have completed our purchase of the Washington Wizards and Verizon Center and created a new company ? Monumental Sports & Entertainment ? that owns those entities as well as the Capitals and the Mystics.

You're likely to see and hear more from me on this news in the coming days ? in the media, on my blog (www.tedstake.com), at the NBA Draft. It's big news, and something my partners, my family and I are very excited about.

Judging by the fact that you chose to bold the bolded part, I'm assuming that you are hinting that this "news" involves a name change or some other significant change (logo, colors, etc.)

The way I'm reading this, the "news" is the "news that my partners and I have completed our purchase... ...and created a new company..."

It just means that they're going to do a lot of talking about the new organization. It doesn't imply anything about logo / name changes. I realize he made a statement where he didn't rule it out, but this particular release doesn't seem to imply even the slightest thing about that...

... unless I'm reading it wrong.

You read it right, and you are correct. Right now, any talk of identity change is 99.9% speculation without any facts to back it up. Ted's big news is his new company.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Monumental Sports & Entertainment

Ted should just give the Wizards the same Red, Navy and White color scheme as the Capitals, rename them the Washington Monuments and call it a day.

Let's go Mons!

I'll repeat my stance: the Bullets name and logo were always among the league's worst, but if it's what the people want, let them have it. The Washington NBA team by one name or another could benefit from a reboot and some fan service.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

How could ANYONE not like the Bullets name? Unless you hate firearms or something. To me, it was the best name in all of sports.

If Wizards do ever change, I'm afraid it's going to be red, white, and blue, as if we don't have plenty of those.

This Bullets' name debate is the most divided I've seen since the Utah Jazz and grey facemasks.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

I know this may be out in left field (or out from near halfcourt, seing as how we are talking hoops), But how about Washington Obamas?

1) He lives in DC

2) Most powerful Black man in the world, in American sport which is most dominate by black men.

3) He attended a Wizards game (Bush did not).

4) I would be willing to wager that at least 90% of NBA players, who did vote, voted for Obama.

Most idiotic idea EVER. Seriously.

He's going to be out of office in 2 years...or less with the Watergate-like scandals he's brewing...

I'm a fan of the Bullets (still refer to them as their proper name), but if that day came, I'd have to find a new team, as would most fans I'd guess.

87Redskins.png

I know this may be out in left field (or out from near halfcourt, seing as how we are talking hoops), But how about Washington Obamas?

1) He lives in DC

2) Most powerful Black man in the world, in American sport which is most dominate by black men.

4) I would be willing to wager that at least 90% of NBA players, who did vote, voted for Obama.

Thats just plain stupid.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

1) He lives in DC

You got to be :censored:ing kidding me...

You all can't think he was serious about it. But, hey, we got the usual cast of characters to throw out a knee-jerk reaction.

Buster, just because it's an old name doesn't mean it was ever good. Bullets is stupid.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

You all can't think he was serious about it. But, hey, we got the usual cast of characters to throw out a knee-jerk reaction.

Buster, just because it's an old name doesn't mean it was ever good. Bullets is stupid.

Says a Minnesota Wild fan.

Bullets is a solid team name. Locally, Gettysburg College also goes by the Bullets and it works well there TOO. They even have a great logo: rebillybosh.gif

Although it translates HORRIBLY to a student-made costume:

http://www3.gettysburg.edu/college_life/camprec/ultimate/funk/hijinx/billy1.html

YOU MUST CLICK CONTINUE TO SEE PICTURES! Do it!

87Redskins.png

I... uh... um... wow. You weren't kidding. That mascot is something else. (That bullet logo is pure awful, though.)

The Wild's name is terrible; you should have heard me on the night they unveiled it. At least they made it somewhat tolerable with a fantastic crest logo.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Archived