• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

New York Daily News also reporting: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/yankees/2010/07/13/2010-07-13_yankees_owner_george_steinbrenner_suffers_a_massive_heart_reports.html

According to Twitter, AP has confirmed it...Wow...

Edit: 98.5 The Sport Hub in Boston is reporting it from the AP as well. Putting aside any rivalry between the Sox and the Yankees, baseball has lost a great influence and someone who has changed the game. RIP Boss...

If ever there was a day for the city of New York to sleep, per se, today would be it.

R.I.P. Steinbrenner. The reverberations of this one will be felt for a long time to come, I'm pretty sure.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Not my favorite human being, but every owner should look at the way he ran his team and use it as a textbook.

Tough week for the Yankees - two icons are gone. Granted, they've been away from the club for a couple years each, but still. End of an era.

Yeah it was a very tough last few days for the Yankees, and this certainly casts a shaddow over the All-Star Game tonight.

Its too bad he did not get in the Hall of Fame while he was alive.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

RIP Boss.

Like him or hate him, he was a great owner and was fun to root against. It's like Darth Vader dying.

Same here. I HATED his teams, and I continue to hate the Yankees, but he was a great owner and by all accounts a decent human being, if his track record of charities in the Tampa Bay area are any indication. So RIP George.

Costanza, above all, will miss you.

I'm no Yankee fan, and from what I've heard thru the baseball grapevine, Mr. Steinbrenner wasn't much of a people person, but he was a very charitable person in the Tampa area. I respect a man who is willing to do that in his community.

RIP Mr. Steinbrenner

He ate the same lunch every day from 1973-1982. Turkey chili in a bowl made of bread. First he ate the chili then he ate the bowl. He loved looking down after lunch and seeing nothing but a table.

Archived