2010 NCAA Football Thread

Gary

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ahhh! So close. Two consecutive dropped passes. LSU "survived" the game, the ESPN announcers claim.

Les Miles will still flip shi* Tigers got lucky, Even though they were robbed on the onside kick.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

ESPN says LSU survived the game, NEW.ERA says they got lucky...I say they got away with pass interference on that next-to-last pass (and maybe that last one too).

Still, if that's what UNC can do with their reserves...they are in for quite a season!

bYhYmxh.png

"Survival" is still a win.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Hell yeah they survived. LSU didn't do diddly-poo after the first half. North Carolina with their 257 ineligible players damn near beat LSU, and it came to them having to stop UNC on a goal-line stand. That is what is commonly known as an escape. The 2010 edition of LSU had better learn that a game lasts 4 quarters, because they almost got burnt.

Also, I'm an idiot. The whole time I'm thinking that if UNC got 7, there would be OT. If UNC had gotten 7, they would've won. Who would've thought that UNC could possibly win that after all the :censored: they've been through lately? Yet they almost did it.

Even before Saban won there, LSU is the hardest school to please. They won a national title in 1958 and the "Chinese Bandits". Since then their fans assume that they are entieled to a national championship more than anyone else. LSU has run through more coaches than any major program in the last 30 years.

Bo Rein

Jerry Stovall

Bill Arnsparger

Mike Archer

Curley Hallman

Gerry DiNardo

Nick Saban

Les Miles

Even before Saban won there, LSU is the hardest school to please. They won a national title in 1958 and the "Chinese Bandits". Since then their fans assume that they are entieled to a national championship more than anyone else. LSU has run through more coaches than any major program in the last 30 years.

Bo Rein

Jerry Stovall

Bill Arnsparger

Mike Archer

Curley Hallman

Gerry DiNardo

Nick Saban

Les Miles

You forget about Notre Dame, Alabama, Miami, there? Those are just the ones off the top of my head. This is everywhere.

Hell, ESPECIALLY Notre Dame. They've turned dumping coaches into an art form.

Bo Rein

Jerry Stovall

Bill Arnsparger

Mike Archer

Curley Hallman

Gerry DiNardo

Nick Saban

Les Miles

HOW THE :censored: DOES HE KEEP GETTING WORK?!

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Nice showing by Big Blue and especially their QB today. Sets up a nice matchup next week between Michigan and Notre Dame.

Tate Forcier kind of showed himself to be a bit of a punk today. If Denard Robinson ends the season as the starter, I can't see Forcier returning to Michigan next year.

Michigan looked good today. If today was any indication, Denard Robinson is going to be a serious headache for a lot of opposing defenses this season. The defense didn't play too badly either.

On Tate Forcier, what a complete jackass. Maybe he should have spent more time putting in the work over the offseason and less time practicing his poses for the TV cameras. That kid always knew what "reaction" would get him face time on TV. Forcier "posed" after every play. It's like he studied classic football photographs and classic broadcasts and reenacted them. He had a pose for whatever emotion the situation called for. It sounds crazy but go back and look at Michigan games from last season. You'll see what I mean. It's like the kid knew what TV directors look for. I direct football broadcasts and if that kid wasn't consciously playing to the cameras then it was the most incredible string of coincidence I've ever seen. His behavior today was hardly a surprise. But I digress...

We'll get a better idea when they play Notre Dame but today Michigan looked like a much improved football team.

Everyone who has buried Notre Dame is forgetting one thing, there legacy is still out there and it will take just one National Title to make Notre Dame a big deal again. Weather or not they can't get that title is another question, but I do know this Brian Kelly took an awful Cincinnati Program, which played in one or two bowls in their entire history in a wretched old stadium, and took them to a BCS Bowl twice.

There's a difference between "burying" Notre Dame and pointing out they aren't anywhere near as relevant as they used to be or that they believe they are. A lot of programs would love to win 7 or 8 games a season Tank. The difference is those teams wouldn't get their own TV contract. Their (not "there") "legacy" doesn't mean :censored: to anyone under 35. That's a recruiting problem whether you like it or not.

Finally, Fresno State - Cincinnati is looking like it might be a pretty good game.

BB52Big.jpg

Bo Rein

Jerry Stovall

Bill Arnsparger

Mike Archer

Curley Hallman

Gerry DiNardo

Nick Saban

Les Miles

You forget about Notre Dame, Alabama, Miami, there? Those are just the ones off the top of my head. This is everywhere.

Hell, ESPECIALLY Notre Dame. They've turned dumping coaches into an art form.

Noooo. I'll give you Alabama.

I notice it from listening to the Paul Finebaum Show on radio, but LSU fans expect greatness over Miami (FL) fans like myself. I live outside of the state of Florida and still buy season tickets post-Orange Bowl. following the Erickson era gave Hurricanes fans a greater sense of reality and following the Fiesta Bowl it did not helk Coker or the fans. Plus, now that area is all about the Heat, so they have less expectations than LSU (and the Saints).

BTW, poor Beth Mowins, Now only did she have to work with Trent Dilfer in his first game, but they added another Fresno State QB in the booth with David Carr. Carr was a "silent mic".

LSU looks like they'll hold on but you have to hand it to the Heels they almost did it.

Ah-ah. Not so fast. UNC recovers the fumble.

EDIT - Didn't see your above post. :P

I only saw the highlights on SportsCenter...but did I see right that LSU was running the ball with under two minutes left, and UNC out of timeouts?

Nice showing by Big Blue and especially their QB today. Sets up a nice matchup next week between Michigan and Notre Dame.

Tate Forcier kind of showed himself to be a bit of a punk today. If Denard Robinson ends the season as the starter, I can't see Forcier returning to Michigan next year.

Michigan looked good today. If today was any indication, Denard Robinson is going to be a serious headache for a lot of opposing defenses this season. The defense didn't play too badly either.

On Tate Forcier, what a complete jackass. Maybe he should have spent more time putting in the work over the offseason and less time practicing his poses for the TV cameras. That kid always knew what "reaction" would get him face time on TV. Forcier "posed" after every play. It's like he studied classic football photographs and classic broadcasts and reenacted them. He had a pose for whatever emotion the situation called for. It sounds crazy but go back and look at Michigan games from last season. You'll see what I mean. It's like the kid knew what TV directors look for. I direct football broadcasts and if that kid wasn't consciously playing to the cameras then it was the most incredible string of coincidence I've ever seen. His behavior today was hardly a surprise. But I digress...

We'll get a better idea when they play Notre Dame but today Michigan looked like a much improved football team.

Everyone who has buried Notre Dame is forgetting one thing, there legacy is still out there and it will take just one National Title to make Notre Dame a big deal again. Weather or not they can't get that title is another question, but I do know this Brian Kelly took an awful Cincinnati Program, which played in one or two bowls in their entire history in a wretched old stadium, and took them to a BCS Bowl twice.

There's a difference between "burying" Notre Dame and pointing out they aren't anywhere near as relevant as they used to be or that they believe they are. A lot of programs would love to win 7 or 8 games a season Tank. The difference is those teams wouldn't get their own TV contract. Their (not "there") "legacy" doesn't mean :censored: to anyone under 35. That's a recruiting problem whether you like it or not.

Finally, Fresno State - Cincinnati is looking like it might be a pretty good game.

A few years back they said the Boston Celtics were done too, than they won the 2008 NBA Championship, all it takes is one, weather or not that will happen remains to be seen, but if they do Notre Dame will be bigger then ever.

As for Kansas I think the Price is Right Horn is not good enough for the failure they had today, this is better.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

The Jacksonville State Dolphins just stunned Ole Miss, 49-48, in double overtime. Wow.

Jacksonville Dolphins.

Jacksonville State Gamecocks.

C'mon, will...you're better than that.

So I confuse two Florida schools with similar names.

Ummm Jacksonville State is in Alabama.

1zqy8ok.gif

A few years back they said the Boston Celtics were done too, than they won the 2008 NBA Championship, all it takes is one, weather or not that will happen remains to be seen, but if they do Notre Dame will be bigger then ever.

You're missing my point but bringing up the Celtics is a good way of illustrating my point. In the 80's there was nothing bigger in the NBA than Lakers - Celtics. Today that rivalry is nothing like it was back in the 80's. Why? Because an entire generation grew up in an era where Lakers - Celtics was meaningless.

BB52Big.jpg

Kidding aside, (well the part about no one wanting ND at least) how can anyone involved in the process really believe Notre Dame is better off as an independent these days? They need to join a conference or they're going to become so irrelevant that the one thing that let's them stay independent in football is going to go away quickly. And that would be the money. Maybe I'm wrong but I just don't see NBC continuing to spend all that cash to televise at team that is basically on about the same level as a Michigan State or Clemson etc. Yeah they're "NOTRE DAME" and all but how long can they continue to be "NOTRE DAME" when they're winning 7 games a year?

1. Assuming nothing has changed, Notre Dame has an easier road to getting a BCS bowl berth than any other school in the nation. Get 9 wins and be in the top 12 (or 14...whatever it is) of the final BCS Poll, and they're in. Every other BCS-conference school has to win their conference, or every school has to hope to finish in the top-6 of the polls....and hope that these bowls don't pass them over in favor of a lower-ranked team that has a bigger national following.

2. Notre Dame, even today, still has probably the biggest national following than any other school does. In the least, the success/failure of Notre Dame's team gets talked about a lot more than most other programs.

3. Whatever money Notre Dame gets from bowls, etc...they get to keep all to themselves. They've got more than enough money to not have to worry about finances for a long, long time. Plus, I believe, Notre Dame is getting some money from their Big East affiliation in their other sports.

4. Old farts still watch Notre Dame, simply because they're Notre Dame. They might become irrelevant to the casual colege football fan if they don't win another national championship for another 20 years.

5. NBC will likely keep the rights to Notre Dame home games, simply because they don't have a better college football option that'll gain viewership.

Holy cow - ECU wins on a Hail Mary at the final gun in a crazy C-USA game.

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

Archived