2010 NCAA Football Thread

Gary

Ohio State and Alambama will both go undefeated throughout the season and meet in the National Title game. Ohio State will upset the favored Crimson Tide 34-31 and take the title.

I don't think an SEC team will play for the title this year. The playing field has leveled somewhat now.

Just because that dart you threw hit the "Pitt" logo doesn't mean they will actually play for a championship.

Wow that is some good ol' fashioned smack talk

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry, the magazine I got doesn't cover those smaller tiers. Lindy's kinda sucks in that way.

So, what you are saying is that you just copy the predictions that this "Lindy's" magazine has?

No way! Lindy's picked Ohio State to win the Big 10, (I'm pretty sure all the other big magazines followed suit.) Also, Kentucky was picked by Lindy's well below Tennnessee. They picked Georgia over South Carolina, Pittsburgh over Cincinatti, and USC over Oregon State. These are just a few differances.

But, for the most part you're going by the book. Yeah... Nice job. :rolleyes:

Also, you screwed up the Big XII's divisions! Plus, Iowa State second in the North? Whatever you are smoking must be awfully good to think the Cyclones are better then Missouri and Kansas. Plus, Iowa State draws Oklahoma AND Texas from the South and they have a brutal OoC schedule that includes Northern Illinois (A favorite in the MAC's West Division and, in some publications, a favorite to win the MAC), Iowa (A Top 10 squad that is a Big Ten favorite) and Utah (A Top 25 team that could compete for the Mountain West title and, if the breaks go their way, a BCS bid).

Iowa State will get 4 or 5 wins, but no more.

But, for the most part you're going by the book. Yeah... Nice job. :rolleyes:

Also, you screwed up the Big XII's divisions! Plus, Iowa State second in the North? Whatever you are smoking must be awfully good to think the Cyclones are better then Missouri and Kansas. Plus, Iowa State draws Oklahoma AND Texas from the South and they have a brutal OoC schedule that includes Northern Illinois (A favorite in the MAC's West Division and, in some publications, a favorite to win the MAC), Iowa (A Top 10 squad that is a Big Ten favorite) and Utah (A Top 25 team that could compete for the Mountain West title and, if the breaks go their way, a BCS bid).

Iowa State will get 4 or 5 wins, but no more.

No, I'm not. I'll prove it, too. I'll edit my posts that had conference picks and also give Lindy's rankings for the teams.

Okay, here are my SEC picks.

west

1. Alabama (1)

2. Arkansas (2)

3. Auburn (4)

4. LSU (3)

5. Mississippi (6)

6. Mississippi State (5)

east

1. Florida (1)

2. South Carolina (3)

3. Georgia (2)

4. Kentucky (5)

5. Tennessee (4)

6. Vanderbilt (6)

SEC Championship: Alabama defeats Florida

Big 10 picks

1. Wisconsin (2)

2. Ohio State (1)

3. Iowa (3)

4. Michigan State (5)

5. Michigan (6)

6. Penn State (4)

7. Northwestern (7)

8. Indiana (9)

9. Purdue (8)

10. Illinois (10)

11. Minnesota (11)

Big 12

North

1.Oklahoma (2)

2.Texas (1)

3.Texas Tech (4)

4.Texas A&M (3)

5.Oklahoma State (5)

6.Baylor (6)

South

1.Nebraska (1)

2.Iowa State (3)

3.Kansas State (5)

4.Missouri (2)

5.Colorado (6)

6.Kansas (4)

Big 12 Championship: Oklahoma defeats Nebraska

ACC

Coastal

1. North Carolina (2)

2. Virginia Tech (1)

3. Miami (FLA.) (4)

4. Georgia Tech (3)

5. Duke (5)

6. Virginia (6)

Atlantic

1. Florida State (1)

2. Clemson (3)

3. Boston College (2)

4. NC State (4)

5. Wake Forest (5)

6. Maryland (6)

ACC Championship: North Carolina defeats Florida State

Note: This is my favorite conference this year.

PAC-10

1. Oregon (2)

2. Oregon State (3)

3. USC (1)

4. Washington (4)

5. Arizona (6)

6. California (7)

7. Stanford (5)

8. Arizona State (9)

9. UCLA (8)

10. Washington State (10)

Big East

1. Cincinatti (3)

2. Pittsburgh (1)

3. West Virginia (2)

4. Rutgers (5)

5. Conneticut (4)

6. Syracuse (7)

7. South Florida (6)

8. Louisville (8)

Mountain West

1. TCU (1)

2. Utah (2)

3. BYU (3)

4. San Diego State (5)

5. Wyoming (6)

6. Air Force (4)

7. UNLV (8)

8. Colorado State (7)

9. New Mexico (9)

WAC

1. Boise State (1)

2. Nevada (2)

3. Idaho (6)

4. Louisiana State (4)

5. Hawaii (5)

6. Fresno State (3)

7. Utah State (7)

8. San Jose State (8)

9. New Mexico State (9)

You forgot to pick OSU first and unbeaten, Panhead. Mark my words, Infrared is going to come down on you for not being realistic.

Any different to you and being realistic about Notre Dame?

I would place them higher, since they've got Adam Weber at quarterback, but everyone else just seems better this year. Indiana's in a similar postiion at quarterback, except they return way more starters.

Neither of those are good things.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I would place them higher, since they've got Adam Weber at quarterback, but everyone else just seems better this year. Indiana's in a similar postiion at quarterback, except they return way more starters.

Neither of those are good things.

I have to say that Adam Weber is much better thann whoever Indiana will ever have at QB. Indiana starters are equal to 3rd string high schoolers.

Ohio State and Alambama will both go undefeated throughout the season and meet in the National Title game. Ohio State will upset the favored Crimson Tide 34-31 and take the title.

I don't think an SEC team will play for the title this year. The playing field has leveled somewhat now.

Just because that dart you threw hit the "Pitt" logo doesn't mean they will actually play for a championship.

Can the school year start already?

Switching a few teams around, but still leaving the same general shape of the rakings still is going by the book.

The similarities are coincidental. My top 25 is probably very differant from Lindy's.

So you plagiarized from a better magazine or just drew logos out of a hat?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

No, I'm not dumb enough for that.

Switching a few teams around, but still leaving the same general shape of the rakings still is going by the book.

The similarities are coincidental. My top 25 is probably very differant from Lindy's.

Sorry, the magazine I got doesn't cover those smaller tiers. Lindy's kinda sucks in that way.

So, what you are saying is that you just copy the predictions that this "Lindy's" magazine has?

No way! Lindy's picked Ohio State to win the Big 10, (I'm pretty sure all the other big magazines followed suit.) Also, Kentucky was picked by Lindy's well below Tennnessee. They picked Georgia over South Carolina, Pittsburgh over Cincinatti, and USC over Oregon State. These are just a few differances.

You spelled a form of the word "difference" wrong on two different occasions, Panhead1. That makes me think....

Anyway, here are my picks for the big conference championships. I don't want to get into all of the bad teams' records.

SEC Championship

Alabama 31, Florida 10

Big 12 Championship

Nebraska 27, Texas 24

ACC Championship

Virginia Tech 24, Clemson 10

Big 10 Champion- Ohio State

Pac 10 Champion- Oregon State

Big East Champion- West Virginia

applogosig15.pngapplogosig13.pngapplogosig14.png

The first non-banned member of ther CCSLC to post in The Ugliest Bathroom.

You spelled a form of the word "difference" wrong on two different occasions, Panhead1. That makes me think....

Anyway, here are my picks for the big conference championships. I don't want to get into all of the bad teams' records.

SEC Championship

Alabama 31, Florida 10

Big 12 Championship

Nebraska 27, Texas 24

ACC Championship

Virginia 24, Clemson 10

Big 10 Champion- Ohio State

Pac 10 Champion- Oregon State

Big East Champion- West Virginia

Hmm... that I did, evidently. Seriously, Virginia over Clemson?

No, I'm not dumb enough for that.

NO.

Archived