2010 NCAA Football Thread

Gary

Well suck me sideways. OU lost to Kent State which puts Miami into the MAC championship game. Seriously Bobcats? You need to beat a 4-7 team to win the division and you lose 28-6 and you put your arch rivals in the game. That's the worst part, that Miami (the most annoying school in the world) is going to go and now my trip to Detroit is off.

PvO6ZWJ.png

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well suck me sideways. OU lost to Kent State which puts Miami into the MAC championship game. Seriously Bobcats? You need to beat a 4-7 team to win the division and you lose 28-6 and you put your arch rivals in the game. That's the worst part, that Miami (the most annoying school in the world) is going to go and now my trip to Detroit is off.

Agreed.

You know, I'd seriously consider voting Alabama #2 if they keep blowing the doors off Auburn like this. You can't have a national championship game without an SEC team in it - it wouldn't be a true championship game without a team from an elite conference in it. Or, of course, they could make Auburn forfeit all their games immediately. That would serve the same purpose.

LvZYtbZ.png

Oregon might be able to play the "body of work" card. An Auburn loss would give those voters who are a little antsy about putting a team that will likely forfeit all of its games this season into the national title game a reasonable out for voting against them.

Everyone in the college football community knows that the day after Auburn plays in the BCS NCG or the day after Auburn losses Cam "the Scam" Newton is going to be declared ineligible. I truly believe the BCS is playing apart in the NCAA investigation, as long as Auburn keeps winning and keeps Boise St/TCU out of #2, the BCS will keep the investigation "on going." This is also the reason Newton will not win the Heisman, eveyone voting for the Heisman knows he will be declared ineligible and the Trust will not want to deal with the fiasco that was the "Bush Heisman" earlier this year

Having finished my BCS conspiracy rant, I move on to players violating NCAA rules. While I know the NFL/NFLPA no longer penalizes players for their college discretions, I think that needs to be re-instated in the CBA. Have a rule something along the line of having to re-pay the value of your scholarship to the school (general scholarship fund, not the athletic department).

On more note on Newton, who is dumb enough to turn in a second plagarized paper to the same professor that caught you turning in the first plagarized paper.

Wow. I knew Auburn would have thier hands full with Alabama. But I didn't think it'd be this one sided, Alabama is really handing it to them. It's too early to assume anything, but maybe Boise or TCU has a shot after all. Just maybe.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Auburn is overrated and have dealt with an easy schedule all year that and Cam Newton decided to play well this year is the reason the are unbeaten this late into the season.

ROLL TIDE!

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Auburn is overrated and have dealt with an easy schedule all year that and Cam Newton decided to play well this year is the reason the are unbeaten this late into the season.

ROLL TIDE!

Shouldn't there be a limit on the number of teams you cheer for?

-------------------------------------------

I project interesting times ahead if this keeps up. Some may chant ESS EEE SEE and point to the parity in Conference, but I have trouble boosting a 1 loss team over an undefeated team. Even one with a worse schedule.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

ROLL TIDE!

I project interesting times ahead if this keeps up. Some may chant ESS EEE SEE and point to the parity in Conference, but I have trouble boosting a 1 loss team over an undefeated team. Even one with a worse schedule.

Sorry, I can't justify having a team in a third-rate conference in over a one-loss team in an elite conference.

LvZYtbZ.png

ROLL TIDE!

Sorry, I can't justify having a team in a third-rate conference in over a one-loss team in an elite conference.

I can. How can you claim to be a champion if somebody beat you in this format? Especially when there are others who haven't been beaten.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

ROLL TIDE!

I can. How can you claim to be a champion if somebody beat you in this format? Especially when there are others who haven't been beaten.

But you have to look at a team's conference schedule. If you don't play a rigorous conference schedule, you have no business being in the national title game.

LvZYtbZ.png

ROLL TIDE!

But you have to look at a team's conference schedule. If you don't play a rigorous conference schedule, you have no business being in the national title game.

Doesn't everybody say the college season is one giant playoff? Guess what? If you lose in a playoff, you're out. It doesn't matter WHO you lost to. What matters is that you lost.

Today, we are all otaku.

You know, I'd seriously consider voting Alabama #2 if they keep blowing the doors off Auburn like this. You can't have a national championship game without an SEC team in it - it wouldn't be a true championship game without a team from an elite conference in it. Or, of course, they could make Auburn forfeit all their games immediately. That would serve the same purpose.

YOU-ARE-REALLY-DUMB-FO-REAL.jpg

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Wow... Just wow. Alabama had the game in control and has nearly blown it.

I say nearly because 'Bama just got the ball back off a botched punt return by Auburn. I don't know, but you have to think what's going here is probably well liked in Boise, Fort Worth and Eugene, Oregon right about now. :)

My team is never particularly good, so every year I root for chaos in college football.

I'm rooting for Alabama today the same way I rooted for South Carolina a month and a half ago.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived