New Pac-10 Logo

Ry

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why is it a bad logo? It does the job and does it with class.

Its not a bad logo.

I'm still trying understand why people keep saying that it is. It may not be the greatest logo ever created but its not bad by any means, especially when compared to what they had before. Huge upgrade is so many ways.

It's bad because it's over-designed. There are way too many elements going on their in that one little logo. The wave and the mountains are forced ino the logo. The "PAC" is a thin and awkward font. It's as if the conference tried to fit so many elements into the logo that it's too busy. Logos should be simple and to the point and with this logo they are trying to tell a story, hell with this logo they are trying to fit Lord of the Rings into it. They go from the Grey Harbor to Mordor. When this logo is reduced and placed on jerseys, it looks like a ketchup stain or something like that. It's as if they designed it to fit on the 20 yardline, but no one thought about how it would look reduced and embroidered on a jersey and what it would look like on a screen.

• 1 month later...

This whole re-branding is a joke as technically there will be no such thing as the "Pac 12." It's a well-known fact that, thanks to a punctuation error on its paperwork, Washington State's application for membership in the old Pac 8 should have never even been considered, let alone accepted. Accordingly, it's the Pac 11.

This whole re-branding is a joke as technically there will be no such thing as the "Pac 12." It's a well-known fact that, thanks to a punctuation error on its paperwork, Washington State's application for membership in the old Pac 8 should have never even been considered, let alone accepted. Accordingly, it's the Pac 11.

I seriously doubt the validity of that story. Even IF they sent in a paper with a "Punctuation error" (Did they forget a period? or something), it was obviously accepted. Accordingly, it's the Pac 12.

I seriously doubt the validity of that story. Even IF they sent in a paper with a "Punctuation error" (Did they forget a period? or something), it was obviously accepted. Accordingly, it's the Pac 12.

No, it's true. Everyone just likes the easy wins way too much to tell Wazzu about it.

Semicolon, by the way.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

45-1300304876.jpg

Still 973247 times better than the new BI6 TEN logo.

However did you see how that font and number looked together on the baseline last weekend on TV? While it may not be seen 360 days/year, it did not look good. IMO, BIG TEN logo is better.

Does anyone else think it might've been a better idea to just drop the number altogether, and make it the PAC? I could get used to that. It might've started a much needed trend to get these conferences to stop including numbers in their names.

Tf9TG.jpg

45-1300304876.jpg

Still 973247 times better than the new BI6 TEN logo.

However did you see how that font and number looked together on the baseline last weekend on TV? While it may not be seen 360 days/year, it did not look good. IMO, BIG TEN logo is better.

No. Both the Big Crap and the Pac 10/12 logo look horrible!

Rumor has it that Arizona State is planning some big changes just in time to go along with this pac 12 overhaul

just what i've heard from people at the university

Yeah, I've heard that they're changing to a pitchfork on the helmet (a la Florida State) and the long-rumored black alternate will see the light of day.

I can't for the life of me figure why ASU would consider a black jersey. Even night games in Arizona are warm.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I like the new Pac10/12 logo but I don't find it very easy to identify when I see it on tv. Be it on jerseys, courts, fields, etc. It always just looks "off" Perhaps I'm not used to it yet.

That's probably it. The conference has never had the logo everywhere. Before the introduction of this new logo, only two of the football teams had a conference logo on their uniforms and basketball didn't have any, and there were never logos all over the courts/fields. It's definitely a different experience.

I was at an Arizona softball game a couple of weeks ago and I noticed that they still had the old Pac-10 logo on the fence. I'm guessing that they're waiting until it's the Pac-12 before changing it.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Rumor has it that Arizona State is planning some big changes just in time to go along with this pac 12 overhaul

just what i've heard from people at the university

Washington State is rebranding April 11th... Our AD said we were in a group of schools getting a new type of football jersey from Nike, which included Arizona State, Duke, and a couple other schools I can't remember.

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

Archived