What number would you wear?

KJHillis

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JV Basketball - #21 Because I liked that number.

JV Baseball - #22 Because #21 was already taken.

Varsity Football - #21

Auto Racing - My first number was #31 becuase my teammate was #3 and made for an easy change because we raced the same car. When I drove my own car I drove #1 because I thought it looked good.

I have also driven racecars with the #'s 31,1,3,34x,18,51,14 and 21.

iq5b7nF.png

12 (if my username didn't give this away already) - This is one of the most random reason for choosing a number. In elementary school (grade 5 I think) the teacher was giving out a toy to the student who could guess the number she was thinking of between 1 and 20. I guessed 12 and won. Since then it's been my lucky number.

8 - Mostly aesthetic reasons on this one. 8 is a good symetrical number. Also I was always a defenceman in hockey and low numbers are meant for defencemen

Growing up in baseball we could pick whatever number we wanted. I chose 00, 42 for Jackie, 24 for Griffey, and 25 for McGwire.

In basketball I did everything I could to wear 21 because of a friend of the family that led the HS team to a State Championship when I was a kid.

In high school, I wore 21 for basketball and baseball. I think it's a really good looking number, but I've moved away from it since.

I usually go with 18, 85 (BDay 11-18-85) or 8. Occasionally 13 bc people don't like it and I think it looks good. Also, I like 53 bc you can punch it into a calculator and turn upside and get my initials, ES.

5660299338_f9de1a078e_z.jpg

5659732257_11a2c8d0d4_z.jpg

I'm "the third" (III), so I'd pick 3. Although I never wore it in Little League OR Pop Warner. And thanks to FD: I was never really sure why I got the number I got (9) for the 2 years I played Rugby.

As my kids progress through sports, I keep changing favorites though ...

Nick was 8 in Tee ball, then 96, 18 (he likes Manning), and now 59 in football (despite always being a linebacker);

My daughter is 18 in Softball... she started when Nick was wearing 18 (she picked it to be like her brother, awwww);

And my son Jim is 6 in Soccer. Hopefully he'll keep it...

applogosig17.pngapplogosig16bychapeeko.png

Courtesy chapeeko

34, as my SN demonstrates. One, I like the look of it. Two, when I was a kid/young teen there were scads of great players who wore the number: Hakeem Olajuwon, Charles Barkley, Terry Cummings (a step down from the first two, but still great), Earl Campbell, Walter Payton, Bo Jackson, Thurman Thomas, Nolan Ryan, even Charles Oakley if you wanna go there.

What would I wear for each football position?

QB - 12 or 17. 19's cool too. I'm not a single digit guy.

CB/TB - 26 or 29. Almost any 20's number is cool.

TB/FB - 34 or 31.

S/FB - 40-42, 47, 49

LB - The 50's are awesome! All of them work for me, but my faves are 51 and 56.

OG - 61, 62, 66, 68.

DE/OT - 78, 72, 73, 77.

WR - 83 is my favorite. All of the 80's work for me except the last three evens: 84, 86, 88.

DE/LB - All of the nineties work for me except 96 and 98.

00... there's a double-o in my surname and I like how they look paired together. Unfortunately, I've only had a chance to actually use it once. Whenever 00 isn't available I'll go for a single-digit (I prefer odds to evens for some reason), and barring that, anything ending in 5 or 0, or a double-digit (11, 22, 33, etc) will do.

I would probably wear 13, 26, or 39. The first two are lucky numbers for me, and I just happen to like the way 39 looks on a jersey, as well as it being a multiple of 13. I might wear 19 too, since that was the day I was born, and like 39 it looks good on a jersey.

Interestingly enough, when playing basketball and football, I never got a choice to pick my number and ended up getting 44 in both sports. But I guess there's no shame in that, as it was George Gervin's number.

My idols are Ted Williams and Maurice Richard so 9 should be my choice.

But I'm humble: I'm far of being a top sport guy like them so I never wear 9. Instead of it, I wear 18 because adding the numbers I got nine. ^_^

Playing baseball and softball, I wear 18 always. But I like soccer too but in that sport I hadn't got any number in special. When I play soccer, the guys never used numbers so it was no matter to me to choose any number.

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

Archived