Unpopular Opinions

Apparently it’s very unpopular to think this, but this helmet sucks. It’s nearly as horrendous as the Mandies black helmet. As such, it should have never seen the light of day. The Bengals are clearly desperate to please the “❄️❄️❄️“ crowd. A throwback helmet or an orange-to-white gradient helmet would’ve been more impactful to Cincinnati’s branding than this pile of :censored:
spacer.png

• Like 5
  • Dislike 2

On 7/20/2022 at 7:19 PM, Cujo said:

These suck.

(Throwback Giants)

I think my opinion is unpopular. From the neck-down, I think these are way better than the currents.  I prefer the color balance. The current look needs more red.

(The "GIANTS" on the helmet is terrible, though.)

• Like 1

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Just now, OnWis97 said:

I think my opinion is unpopular. From the neck-down, I think these are way better than the currents.  I prefer the color balance. The current look needs more red.

(The "GIANTS" on the helmet is terrible, though.)

Ya. It's a uniform that has tradition behind it. But if were to debut today would be pissed on by everyone on the boards.

• Like 3

6uXNWAo.png

I'll go for two unpopular opinions.

First, I like the Bears' orange alt helmet.  It goes very well with the orange jersey (which I also like).  I am surprised to read that most people on this site are calling that helmet horrendous and a new low.  What's horrendous are the alt helmets of the Jets and Eagles, which gratuitously introduce a non-team colour; by contrast, the Bears' alt helmet features a tasteful and satisfying swap of the team's existing colours.

Second, I dislike the Bengals' white alt helmet.  It's not on account of the helmet being white, but on account of the goofy stripe design, which  I have always hated.  Indeed, everything the Bengals have worn since 1981 has been varying degrees of awful.  This is the last time they looked like actual adults playing American football:

13 - Ken Riley - Bengals - CB | Bengals cheerleaders, Cincinnati bengals  football, Bengals football   Ken Anderson | Bengals football, Cincinnati bengals football, Bengals  cheerleaders

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Hurl 1
  • Yawn 4
  • Dislike 3

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

2 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

First, I like the Bears' orange alt helmet. 

I don't hate it. I'm not sure if I like it yet but I don't hate it. They didn't change the core foundation of the helmet design and it's still very conservative.

• Like 2

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

2 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

First, I like the Bears' orange alt helmet.  It goes very well with the orange jersey (which I also like).  I am surprised to read that most people on this site are calling that helmet horrendous and a new low.  What's horrendous are the alt helmets of the Jets and Eagles, which gratuitously introduce a non-team colour; by contrast, the Bears' alt helmet features a tasteful and satisfying swap of the team's existing colours.

I'll agree with that the Jets and Eagles helmets suck but to call black a "non-team color", especially for the Eagles, is incorrect. I'd argue neither team needs or should have black but the Jets have worn a black alt since their redesign and the Eagles first wore black in 2003 and have been using the color since 1996. Like I said both teams arguably should not be wearing black but they are team colors.

Also, the Bengals' 80s and 90s jerseys rule.

• Like 5

the user formerly known as cdclt

I’m gonna miss the Edmonton Oilers black jersey with the orange logo. The logo all orange makes it look like a cool neon compared with the all dark background which I really like. I’m sad it’s going away next season, but I still can’t wait for the orange and blue jerseys to come back.

17 hours ago, FaZe_EraZe77 said:

I’m gonna miss the Edmonton Oilers black jersey with the orange logo. The logo all orange makes it look like a cool neon compared with the all dark background which I really like. I’m sad it’s going away next season, but I still can’t wait for the orange and blue jerseys to come back.

The Oilers have never worn black. The most recent alternate was navy blue, and was the same shade that they used on their regular jersey.

• Like 2

On 7/26/2022 at 3:03 PM, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Second, I dislike the Bengals' white alt helmet.  It's not on account of the helmet being white, but on account of the goofy stripe design, which  I have always hated.  Indeed, everything the Bengals have worn since 1981 has been varying degrees of awful.  This is the last time they looked like actual adults playing American football:

13 - Ken Riley - Bengals - CB | Bengals cheerleaders, Cincinnati bengals  football, Bengals football   Ken Anderson | Bengals football, Cincinnati bengals football, Bengals  cheerleaders

I vehemently disagree with your second take, which is par for the course in this thread, as their original look is so boring in comparison and I don't need uniforms to be "adult." I will say I think they need to ditch orange altogether for the white look to really work. Doesn't make sense to have an orange accent and/or logo on the Siberian tiger.

But on the Bears, I agree. Didn't want to come late to the party in the NFL thread but it's funny & typical to see the site explode because of a couple swapped colors. The amount of BFBS helmets coming are far more tiresome & annoying than a team highlighting another team color. I can see why people would be against it for the Bears in particular, as a very traditionally dressed franchise, but they went the least offensive route with it.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

If you want to get my respekt go do the the footwork to be designer Philly As Agency Mad Men Style ”Its Toasted” 

No one around today can Create pure authentic logos of such a high quality pre-70s , The Jerseys and Helmers have become so oversaturated with rich colors . The old Unis had a lot of white and the trim was color but that was it . was perfect