Unpopular Opinions

Idk, I like black and yellow (cue Wiz Khalifa) but navy blue just carries more weight as a primary color that black to me. It’s dark enough to contrast with gold, but bright enough to really lighten the look compared to black.

I agree with whoever that was a few posts back that if the navy is so dark you can’t tell it’s blue, you should use black. But when navy is actually blue (paired with athletic gold) it looks good.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Vaughn42 said:

The #42 on all the uniforms being blue today just does not look good on most of them.

That’s not an unpopular opinion, that’s fact. The Dodger numbers were not made to go with all MLB uniforms.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Vaughn42 said:

The #42 on all the uniforms being blue today just does not look good on most of them.

Is that new for this year? I thought they were done in the font used by the uniform...

I don't know how unpopular this is, but I'm not a fan of every player wearing the same number and no name. I know names and numbers aren't as needed as they used to be, but they are valuable at times, both on TV and at the park.  I'd prefer front numbers being replaced (or placed on, for uniforms without them) with 42 (Team style or Dodger style).

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

On 4/15/2022 at 5:18 PM, OnWis97 said:

Is that new for this year? I thought they were done in the font used by the uniform...

I don't know how unpopular this is, but I'm not a fan of every player wearing the same number and no name. I know names and numbers aren't as needed as they used to be, but they are valuable at times, both on TV and at the park.  I'd prefer front numbers being replaced (or placed on, for uniforms without them) with 42 (Team style or Dodger style).

IDK if they plan on making it permanent, but I was annoyed by the blue 42 (hut hut hike) until I saw that it was the 75th anniversary. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

On 4/16/2022 at 4:45 PM, -Akronite- said:

IDK if they plan on making it permanent, but I was annoyed by the blue 42 (hut hut hike) until I saw that it was the 75th anniversary. 

Blue 42 blue 42...hut hut hut hut hut hut hut *press A*

• Like 1

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Hot take, I know, but I think the Bruins look better with black socks than gold socks.

1393898885.0.jpg

cut.jpg

The color scheme makes much more sense with black socks, and the striping pattern actually matches the jerseys. I know there's a historical basis for the yellow socks, but in retrospect, they stick out like a sore thumb imo.

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

On 4/27/2022 at 1:33 PM, DTConcepts said:

Hot take, I know, but I think the Bruins look better with black socks than gold socks.

1393898885.0.jpg

cut.jpg

The color scheme makes much more sense with black socks, and the striping pattern actually matches the jerseys. I know there's a historical basis for the yellow socks, but in retrospect, they stick out like a sore thumb imo.

That striping pattern is pretty sharp. 

On 4/30/2022 at 7:40 AM, DCarp1231 said:

Most, if not all, NFL teams look better with solid socks* instead of striped socks

*- when not paired with same color pants

To follow this, I hate the sanitary sock look. I’d love to see more stripes on socks, but I’d much rather see the full color all the way down to the cleats. I mean the days of practically needing sanitary socks is over. Those dyes in the socks aren’t gonna kill anyone anymore. 

The way NFLers should wear socks these days is a full tube sock essentially, with the stripes on it, if the team has it. Baseball should be like this too, but stir-ups are an option I guess. 

Socks can add so much if they’re worn right, and I think having half of the socks be white really takes away from what they could be. 

• Like 6

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

13 hours ago, chcarlson23 said:

To follow this, I hate the sanitary sock look. I’d love to see more stripes on socks, but I’d much rather see the full color all the way down to the cleats. I mean the days of practically needing sanitary socks is over. Those dyes in the socks aren’t gonna kill anyone anymore. 

The way NFLers should wear socks these days is a full tube sock essentially, with the stripes on it, if the team has it. Baseball should be like this too, but stir-ups are an option I guess. 

Socks can add so much if they’re worn right, and I think having half of the socks be white really takes away from what they could be. 

I wholeheartedly agree. When it comes to football, full color socks with stripes is the best of both worlds. Making them half white for the sake of tradition can mess up the color balance of the whole uniform in some cases. If the socks are gonna be stripeless and the color balance allows it, I don't mind half white/half color socks, but full color looks better in most cases to be. It makes color blocking much more pleasant to me, having four distinct blocks of color (helmet, jersey, pants, socks/cleats) looks really slick.Though I'm not a huge baseball fan, I always like it when baseball players pull up their socks instead of letting the pants hang down to the ankle, it looks gorgeous on most unis (Blue Jays especially, I've seen them pull up their socks more than anyone else, but I could just not be seeing other teams do it) and just looks a lot more athletic.

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

This is the best Broncos uniform in their history:

With the exception of the helmet, I agree. Mix an orange Orange Crush helmet with those jerseys and that's the best Broncos set.

• Like 2

the user formerly known as cdclt