Unpopular Opinions

On 2/2/2022 at 4:02 PM, Chromatic said:

Speaking of Baltimore, I think this should be their full time Home and Away looks.

The definitive 2020 Baltimore Ravens uniform rankings

5 takeaways from the Ravens 26-23 overtime victory over the Steelers -  Baltimore Beatdown

I know purple is their thing but I really think the black jersey and helmet with purple pants is the best they've ever looked. You still get a heavy dose of purple. Ravens are black birds too with a slight purple sheen to their feathers depending on the lighting.  The colours are balanced so much better, and you don't get the horrible yoga pants look with the black socks.

My only issue with this is that they would look like the purple version of the Steelers if they did that.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, MJD7 said:

My only issue with this is that they would look like the purple version of the Steelers if they did that.

Other than having black jerseys, and helmets there is nothing similar between the 2. Do the falcons look like red versions of the Steelers too?  What about the patriots last set, where they red versions of the cowboys. Are the browns brown versions of the bengals? I can keep going

• Like 6
  • Yawn 1

1 hour ago, dont care said:

Other than having black jerseys, and helmets there is nothing similar between the 2. Do the falcons look like red versions of the Steelers too?  What about the patriots last set, where they red versions of the cowboys. Are the browns brown versions of the bengals? I can keep going

I was referring in the most general sense to the set up of black/black/ (yellow/purple) /black for the main home uniforms.

The Falcons have never in their history worn black/black/red/black, so they don’t really apply. That’s before considering that they aren’t even in the same division, or even the same conference.

I’m not sure how the Patriots & Cowboys are related, beyond both having blue & silver. I think it’s pretty obvious that the Patriots’ red help set them apart though. Again, they’re in different conferences, as well.

If I’m not mistaken, the Bengals original uniforms were literally inspired by the Browns, so I’m not sure what you were going for there. I think the bengal stripe motif does well to set Cincinnati apart in the modern day despite that.

I really like both of the Ravens combos that were originally posted, and would honestly be totally fine if they were the main home & away combos. I was just pointing out that they have a similar setup to their literal arch-rival, which maybe they’d want to avoid.

• Like 2

On 2/4/2022 at 3:42 PM, DCarp1231 said:

Not mine, but a coworker’s unpopular opinion-

“The Packers colors suck”

(He’s a Packers fan)

The only stipulation to have colors that don't "suck" in my book: have exactly 2 of them. Not counting white. If you do that, you literally can't have terrible colors. Not to say you can't have a good scheme with 1 or 3 colors, but it's not automatic like 2.

In other words: all bad color schemes in sports have either just one color and white or have some combination of 3 or more colors. But some do make it work.

• Like 1

Carolina Panthers (2012 - Pres)Carolina Hurricanes (2000 - Pres)

I hate navy as a color for sports branding. It's just too bland and adds nothing. Other colors don't pop off navy like they do black and it's too boring to carry a scheme by itself. All teams that use navy would look better with either a lighter shade of blue or black. The only teams that should use it are ones that always have historically (Yankees, Red Sox) but even they would look better in black and it wouldn't even be that noticeable with how dark of a shade they each currently use.

This goes double if there is no secondary color, just navy and white.

Another one, unrelated:

I like the idea of a templated Super Bowl logo. It gives the game a cohesive brand and the similar patches tie all the games together. I don't love the execution, but it could be worse.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Applause 1
  • Hurl 1
  • Dislike 2

Carolina Panthers (2012 - Pres)Carolina Hurricanes (2000 - Pres)

On 2/9/2022 at 12:03 PM, throwuascenario said:

I like the idea of a templated Super Bowl logo. It gives the game a cohesive brand and the similar patches tie all the games together. I don't love the execution, but it could be worse.

I agree with this. The logos since 2010 have felt more befitting to the grandiosity and stature of the event. The first few years were maybe a bit boring with the templated Lombardi trophy + host stadium format, but they’ve steadily gotten better as they’ve added more color/local flavor. I think this year’s logo was probably the best ever, with next year’s seeming like it will follow in a similar format.

• Like 2

A slew of unpopular opinions-

• The Bears have the best uniform set in the league

• The Rams have a Top 10 uniform set

• The Packers and Steelers shouldn’t be considered as two of the “greatest” uniform sets of all time

• The Jets set doesn’t deserve all the hate it gets. 99% of that hate is focused on the black uniform. Which, ironically I find to be the best jersey of the set. Also, the green helmet is the best in the league

• The 49ers would look better if their numbers had black outlines and/or there was black on the sleeves

• The Raiders need a black facemask

• The Bills red color rush is their best uniform

• Outside of the color rush, the Giants have one of the worst sets in the league

• The Dolphins are better off in their current set than reverting to the throwbacks

• The Ravens only need two pants options. Purple and Gold.

• Dislike 4

17 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

That is absolutely not an unpopular opinion. The only time that you don't see the Bears' uniforms ranked near the top of the league is when the ranking is by some high-school-aged OMG MAKE THE ENTIRE LEAGUE LOOK LIKE OREGON SWAG SWAG FIRE EMOJI kid.

• Like 8
  • Yawn 1

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

5 hours ago, Kevin W. said:

That is absolutely not an unpopular opinion. The only time that you don't see the Bears' uniforms ranked near the top of the league is when the ranking is by some high-school-aged OMG MAKE THE ENTIRE LEAGUE LOOK LIKE OREGON SWAG SWAG FIRE EMOJI kid.

Like this article/slideshow that ranks them 23 due to the set being “bland”, but it doesn’t surprise me. They rank the Commanders at 14.

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/commanders/photos-ranking-all-32-nfl-uniforms

• Yawn 1

15 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

Like this article/slideshow that ranks them 23 due to the set being “bland”, but it doesn’t surprise me. They rank the Commanders at 14.

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/commanders/photos-ranking-all-32-nfl-uniforms

The guy who wrote this mentions Cleveland's black and orange color scheme.  Someone paid him money to write an article about uniforms and he doesn't realize the Cleveland BROWNS wear brown?

• Like 3
  • LOL 7
  • Yawn 1

On 2/2/2022 at 3:02 PM, Chromatic said:

Speaking of Baltimore, I think this should be their full time Home and Away looks.

The definitive 2020 Baltimore Ravens uniform rankings

And when I look in the toilet bowl, it's purple. PURPLE AND BLACK

• Yawn 1
  • Dislike 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

On 2/18/2022 at 2:03 AM, Kevin W. said:

I’m in high school, and can assure you that no one talks like that

• Like 4
  • Yawn 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, lgbaseball8 said:

I’m in high school, and can assure you that no one talks like that

I’m aware. I was making a joke based on a stereotype. 

• Yawn 1

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Alrighty here is a few of mine.

These are the best stars uniformsStars announce opening night roster

The shade of green is wonderful and while the set is slightly derivative of the Blackhawks it still feels unique.

I think the Cleveland Guardians is a decent name. I am kinda miffed they didn't go with Spiders but, its not terrible

It think the Phillies would look way better wearing Maroon and light blue rather than the basic red and blue they wear now.

The Browns um.. brown facemask bothers me way too much I think it would look way better if it were white.

• Like 4

On 2/17/2022 at 8:27 AM, DCarp1231 said:

A slew of unpopular opinions-

• The Rams have a Top 10 uniform set

• The Packers and Steelers shouldn’t be considered as two of the “greatest” uniform sets of all time

• The Jets set doesn’t deserve all the hate it gets. 99% of that hate is focused on the black uniform. Which, ironically I find to be the best jersey of the set. Also, the green helmet is the best in the league

• The 49ers would look better if their numbers had black outlines and/or there was black on the sleeves

• The Raiders need a black facemask

• The Bills red color rush is their best uniform

• Outside of the color rush, the Giants have one of the worst sets in the league

• The Dolphins are better off in their current set than reverting to the throwbacks

• The Ravens only need two pants options. Purple and Gold.

Adding another one-

• Nothing the Cardinals have worn as ever looked good

spacer.png

Although, the 1930s duds have potential for a modern update

spacer.png

• Like 3